Print Page | Close Window

Fine hair=harder to chemically straighten?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Curly Hair Talk
Forum Name: Straight Talk
Forum Description: Get the straight talk on hair straightening products & techniques
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28322
Printed Date: May 04 2024 at 12:05am

Topic: Fine hair=harder to chemically straighten?
Posted By: CarrieM
Subject: Fine hair=harder to chemically straighten?
Date Posted: July 01 2003 at 3:48pm
I had Rusk AntiCurl straightening process done a few times awhile back, but wasn't that impressed with the results. In fact, it seemed less effective with each treatment. But then, my former roommate, whose hair is curlier than mine, had it done, and it worked great for her. My stylist told me it was because my hair is very finely textured, and fine hair does not take as well to chemicals, or anything that attempts to change the texture. Can anyone verify that? My assumption is that fine hair would take more easily to chemical treatments than coarser hair would, but maybe it doesn't. Thanks for any input!

Replies:
Posted By: uscdoc
Date Posted: July 01 2003 at 6:25pm
Hi Carrie,
I have extremely fine hair and just had excellent results with chemical straightening. My hair is stick straight now, and was rather curly before the process. I didn't think it would work for me.

My hair dresser's concern with my hair was the color, not the texture. She assured me that my fine hair would turn out perfect and it did!

Good luck!

-------------

Posted By: uscdoc
Date Posted: July 01 2003 at 6:25pm
Hi Carrie,
I have extremely fine hair and just had excellent results with chemical straightening. My hair is stick straight now, and was rather curly before the process. I didn't think it would work for me.

My hair dresser's concern with my hair was the color, not the texture. She assured me that my fine hair would turn out perfect and it did!

Good luck!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window