Print Page | Close Window

protection from breakage

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Curly Hair Talk
Forum Name: Straight Talk
Forum Description: Get the straight talk on hair straightening products & techniques
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28510
Printed Date: June 17 2024 at 2:16am

Topic: protection from breakage
Posted By: KickYerHead
Subject: protection from breakage
Date Posted: January 15 2005 at 10:15pm
Hi. I straighten my hair every day. i feel the need to do this because it was totally straight until i turned 13ish and all of a sudden it got...weird. not curly, not straight, but it gradually turned...poofy is the only word i can use to describe it. lol.
so yes i straighten it every day to keep it looking "normal"
at the hairdressers she told me my hair was very very damaged from it and had a lot of breakage :(

so, does anyone know of any GREAT hair treatments and also, more importantly, what can i use on my hair before straightening it to prevent damage? i've used things before but i can't stand them because they make my hair feel all greasy! and i can't stand that! i don't feel like wasting any more money on stuff that makes my hair feel like it weighs 10 pounds!

and a smaller question...does anyone know what caused that to happen when i was 13? it just got poofy for no reason!

Replies:
Posted By: UP Lisa
Date Posted: January 19 2005 at 1:41pm
I would stop straightening it if I were you. I wish we could trade hair. Mine is straight, and always looks so flat.

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: January 19 2005 at 3:11pm
hey! i know exactly how you feel, when i turned like 12 or 13 my hair got all curly and puffy! I hate it sooooo MUCH!!! my hair is not really damaged, but the bottoms are b/c i also straighten it like everyday! ummm.... 1) you have to use a ceramic straightner 2) there is this spray that my mom bought me called ION and on the bottle it says anti-frizz solutions and heat protection. Its a straightening iron spray 3) when you blow dry it, or if u blow dry it use striaghtening creams, i use like 5, but the best os phytodefrissant( i might have spelled that wrong!) its amazing!!! i hope this helps!

Print Page | Close Window