Print Page | Close Window

Oh no!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Beauty Talk
Forum Name: Nails
Forum Description: Dig your claws into the latest tips & techniques for your nails
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28620
Printed Date: May 01 2024 at 10:51am

Topic: Oh no!
Posted By: Blah blah chick
Subject: Oh no!
Date Posted: August 30 2003 at 11:35pm
HElp! I think I have a hole in my nail! It is at the top and at first I thought that it was my cuticle but it isn't. Instead two layers of nail have come off in one tiny section. It doesn't hurt it is just annoying and I am afraid that that means my nail is dying! Is that true? Did anyone else have that happen?

-------------
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be
wonderful" -Annette Funicello

Replies:
Posted By: frizzygurl
Date Posted: May 24 2004 at 1:27pm
i had something similar happen to me with my toenail. i thought at first it was a cuticle but as it grew out, realized it was a hole in my nail. i realized after i got over my panic attack that i had smashed my toe REALLY hard a good while back with something that had a dull but cornered edge, like a metal binder. (forget what it was) Anyway, when my toenail grew out, i had a big hole in the middle of my toenail; it took almost 2 months to grow out.
i hope that's all it is!

-------------
CO wash only since September '04! Dyed red botticelli curls (3b), fine and just past shoulder length

Posted By: fawnsweet
Date Posted: September 27 2005 at 3:57pm

i'm sorry i never heard of such a thing. but hopefully it's just something that will grow out. The body usually heals itself like that.

don't worry. it should be fine.

-------------
This too shall pass!!!

Print Page | Close Window