Print Page | Close Window

Shedding......heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28668
Printed Date: October 05 2024 at 1:12am

Topic: Shedding......heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!
Posted By: BirdOfEden
Subject: Shedding......heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!
Date Posted: March 15 2005 at 10:48am
My fusion is shedding like a moulting dog!  I can't figure out what went wrong.  I used the hotpot and dipped the ends of the hair in the glue making sure that the hair was completely covered on all sides.  Then I attached the hair and rollled.  After rolling I used the edge of a flatiron to slightly re-melt everything together and re-rolled  for a better bond.   So why is everything shedding so badly? 

Replies:
Date Posted: March 15 2005 at 12:14pm
Kristin, I know you do fusion.  Do you have this problem at all?

Posted By: Bridget
Date Posted: March 15 2005 at 2:52pm
I'm not sure, hopefully someone else can help you... did you also use nail glue over the tip?

Date Posted: March 15 2005 at 2:57pm
Bridget, no I didn't use nail glue.  That's not for fusion.

Posted By: sherrie215
Date Posted: March 15 2005 at 8:56pm

Bird, if your getting good penetration of the glue into the hair and forming a good rolled bond you shouldnt be having serious shedding issues. Those are generally the only two things that contribute to serious shedding. Other than that the only things I might think could be the problem, would be the brand of fusion glue or possible products in the hair or oil in the hair prior to application. I would wash with a clarifying shampoo (or some even use dawn dishsoap prior to installation of some methods) and definitely no conditioner on hair.

I gave up on hand fusion because I just couldnt get it the method down to at T. Have you seen the fusion demo on Drlocks. site where you prebond your strands first them just add a bit more glue before applying to the natural hair? It seems like it may be a little easier, might be worth a try.

This is a good question for Kristin!

Print Page | Close Window