Forum Name: Salon Finder
Forum Description: Member recommended stylists and salons
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28695
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 9:31am

Topic: Expert Colorist in DC area!!!
Posted By: amytmcg
Subject: Expert Colorist in DC area!!!
Date Posted: March 15 2005 at 9:03pm

Need a wonderful colorist in the DC area!!!!  I have broken hair that happend suddenly..so need repair and color.  I am sooo picky and have been searching for awhile.  I emailed Christophe Jouenne at Elizabeth Arden in Chevy Chase and might go see him for a consult, anyone go to him or know anything of him.  Also, heard from this board Demian is good???  Need help!!!  thanks:)

oh, i have thick dark course hair that i hilight blonde....trying to find new color, either a darker, honey blonde or go back dark.

Replies:
Posted By: lilyette
Date Posted: March 20 2005 at 9:22pm

I go to Aveda salons wherever I go since they tend not to be as extreme as other salons I've been to, and their color is much much gentler on the hair than other ones that I have had done. Right now I go to Salon Cielo at 1740 Connecticut, Hiwot is the colorist's name. She does a good job if you tell her exactly what you want, she's better at cuts.  Right now, though I'm a little frantic because my level 4 brown is looking  a LOT like my natural hair color, which is about a level 2-3, no change and I just spent a hundred dollars getting it done!!!! Last time, though, she was great.

-------------
lilyette

Print Page | Close Window