Print Page | Close Window

length vs. stress

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28813
Printed Date: October 05 2024 at 1:42am

Topic: length vs. stress
Posted By: Joginny
Subject: length vs. stress
Date Posted: March 18 2005 at 6:24pm
Okay, I am still at the drawing board trying to find a solution to my awful hair.....with all the breakage I got from fusion extensions, I am now wearing shrinkies and hoping to get some growth so I can eventually go back to "el natural".  I am wearing 18" extensions now and I am wondering if the weight of the hair could be causing more breakage and slow growth.  Can someone share their thoughts....

Replies:
Posted By: shel221
Date Posted: March 18 2005 at 7:40pm

Hi Joginny,  it depends how your extensions were applied.  If they were applied to a very small area of your hair (eg 10 strands) then this caused stress your hair causing it to break easily.  No matter what method you get in the extension must be no larger than the area of hair you have selected (i hope that makes sence)

x

Posted By: shel221
Date Posted: March 18 2005 at 7:42pm
sorry, my point being it may not be the length of the extensions that could be casuing the damage and rather the appliaction

Posted By: Gina E
Date Posted: March 18 2005 at 8:57pm

Maybe try clip in wefts.

Word has it alot of damage can be self induced, as well as improper installation.Just a suggestion!

Gna

Posted By: Jenny_RR
Date Posted: March 18 2005 at 9:25pm

I agree with Shel--I don't think the long length (certainly if it's only 18 inches) would cause damage in and of itself, unless you have a hairloss condition or something that compromises your hair's ability to grow from the root. But if that hair is applied to too-small sections, or the method is a damaging one (pulling out your hair during removal or breaking it down during wear), that's a problem. I seriously doubt many long-term fusion wearers achieve healthy growth; I just don't think it's realistic, unless perhaps for people who have unusually strong, thick hair. That said, another big cause of damage, imo, is crappy extension hair, which requires you to brush constantly and can compromise your own hair as a result. Your hair should grow the same amount from the root, no matter if you have extensions or not; it's what happens to that hair afterward that will enable you to grow your hair or not.

Gina's is a good suggestion,too: Clip-in wefts probably put the least stress on hair and you can take them out at night, etc.

:) 

Posted By: metalgirl
Date Posted: March 19 2005 at 12:04am

I have been wearing clip in wefts for 3 years now and no damage.  Just don't sleep with them in, that  could cause bald spots because those clips grip very well and that factor coupled with the pressure and friction against your pillow could cause your hair to be 'rubbed' away.

I'm getting ready to install New Concepts' Seamless wefts which supposedly last 6-8 weeks, utilizing white liner double sided tape.  Hopefully I can have them in by next week.

Print Page | Close Window