Print Page | Close Window

summer hair care

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28863
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 8:36am

Topic: summer hair care
Posted By: sarondie11
Subject: summer hair care
Date Posted: March 20 2005 at 12:01pm
Does anyone have any summer hair care tips to share? How do you wear your hair when you go to the beach or spend a day in the hot sun?

Replies:
Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: March 20 2005 at 5:29pm

Good question.......

I had an interesting conversation with a celebrity hairdresser recently and I mentioned that I liked to apply a little jojoba oil for when I was out in the sun.  He told me that I shouldn't because in reality, the oil will heat up and "fry" my strands.  Sort of like how you fry eggs in hot oil or grease on the stove.  I found that very interesting because for years I have used hot oil treatments of various kinds although recently I have backed away from olive oil because I found it stripped my color.  He said the same is true of hot oil treatments at home and when you sit under a dryer with hot oils on your head.  That it is again frying the cuticle.

I am still getting opinions on this from hairdressers and hair experts but what do you all think?  Especially since so many people do like to apply jojoba or other oils and then go to the beach.

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: March 20 2005 at 6:49pm
Invest in a quality sunhat   I have a sunhat that I absolutely adore and it has served me well. The best case would be one that fits all of your hair, or otherwise one that has a wide enough brim. That way it can protect a nape bun from sunshine.

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Print Page | Close Window