Forum Name: 360 Waves HowTos
Forum Description: How To Create 360 Waves
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28868
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 6:04am

Topic: Faqs - New Visitors Start Here
Posted By: Karen Shelton
Subject: Faqs - New Visitors Start Here
Date Posted: March 20 2005 at 2:18pm

This FAQ Will Remain At The Top So That General Information Can Be Included Here & Not Repeated Constantly.

If you have tips you would like to add please reply at the end and I will incorporate information to this main FAQ Thread.

Methods For Creating 360 Waves

Once you have the waves - NEVER break them.  No matter what.  Work with the waves and never against.

Waves are created from working with the natural curls or coils in your strands.  When hair is stick straight because it is cut too close to the head or if hair is generally straight, you will not have an easy time creating waves. 

Bottom line - waves are straightened out curls.

Therefore, the curlier your hair is, the more potential waves you can cultivate.  To create deep waves, you will need to allow your hair to have some growth. 

One size does not fit all when it comes to curls and waves.  Not everyone will have the save waves, even if their hair is the same length.  This is because everyone will have different textures in their hair.

Another important fact to remember:

Some folks have mixed texture hair.  This means that they will have different texture throughout their entire head area (for example, hair may be curlier or nappier around the perimeter than at the top near the crown).  Even if you think your hair texture is the same all over, it probably isn't. 

Hair care styling products do not on their own develop 360 waves.  They help HOLD what you have already developed.Pomades and similar products can help but they are not the end all and the be all.  The advantages of using pomade is that it can help to give better definition to the 360 waves that you are working to develop.

How To Shampoo To 360 Waves

1. If hair is normal or not super dry, wash daily with shampoo that will not make hair too soft.  Use warm but NOT hot water for the shampoo.  Hot water dries out hair making it harder to wave.
2. Rinse out shampoo completely. 
3.  Use brush to brush in wave pattern.
4. Add rinse-out conditioner letting it remain in hair at least 5 minutes.  It can be left in hair longer if desired. 
5.  Rinse conditioner out with warm...not hot water.  Do not wash all the conditioner completely out.  A little helps to keep dry hair moist which makes it better for creating waves.
6.  At the very end do a quick 25 second dose with cool/cold water.  Use a clean plastic bottle prefilled with cool water and dose it over head.
7.  Finish with warm water.
8.  Let hair air dry until about 90% dry.  Add pink lotion, jojoba, baby or similar oil as desired being careful to keep off skin since this can cause skin breakouts.
9.  Add some wave wax to hair.
10.  Use good hard brush and brush thoroughly to get waves to form.Remember to keep brushing hair during the day.
11.  Get a hot towel and then press it down on your hair in your natural wave direction.
12.  Keep hair moist throughout the day by adding in a little oil as needed OR using a spritzer bottle filled with a little conditioner mixed with warm water and shaken well.
13.  Wear a doorag or similar cap for sleeping at night.

Steps For Using Pomade/Similar Styling Products To Create 360 Waves

• Use pomade before you brush & put on a doorag
  • Brush hair at most 1/1 ½ hours daily.  Note:  Too much brushing will actually break up the waves and prevent them from forming tightly.
  • Shampoo hair according to your needs but try to clean hair at least every other day to keep scalp and hair healthy.Black Font Note:  Brush hair in shower to make waves more uniform
  • Wear a doo rag when just hanging out & not going out.  Also wear a doo rag to bed.
  • Lightly spritz or spray the doo rag with water or a mixture of water and moisturizer while wearing.
  • Work with a barber that understands how to create 360 waves and then develop a plan of action on how to cultivate really well-formed 360 waves.

Pomades To Try:

Murrays, TIGI, got2B defiant Pomade - define + shine, got2B playful with softer hold, American Crew, Citre Shine Glossing Pomade.

For more hold try a light wax instead of a pomade.

Methods For Cutting Hair To Help w/Formation Of 360 Waves:

• Find a good barber or hair cutter that understands how to cut to help develop 360 waves
  • Get hair cut every 3-5 weeks to make waves more defined but ask barber or hairstylist for advice.
  • If you get your hair cut and your carefully developed waves suddenly disappear it is because of how size of guards used. It is recommended that you use either a #1 or #2 size guard & that hair is cut ON THE GRAIN to maintain the wave patterns. The grain means the direction your waves grow naturally and the way that you brush to develop the waves.
  • While hair is long, comb hair as well as brush (hard brush)

Methods For Brushing

A very important step in creating 360 waves is to figure out exactly what type of hair you have.  This will determine the type of brush you need to have.

If you have super thick, super curly or nappy hair you will need a very hard brush.

If you have fine or medium to fine hair, you will need to use a softer brush until your hair grows longer. 

Then you will need to use a brush for long hair. The type of brush you use is an important key to create the waves that you desire.

When brushing hair, always start from the center of your crown area and brush out in every direction.  The goal is to brush in a complete circle.

For creating 360 waves that radiate from the center out, brush from the top of the head forward towards the front of your face.  Then brush the side of your head - going straight forward.  Brush back towards the back of the head and then down.

Remember that if you have super thick curls or hair is nappy, you MUST use a hard brush.  A soft brush will not help develop the waves.

If waves form ONLY on one part of the head (sides versus top or vice versa) you may not be brushing in a good circular pattern.  Also, it is important not only to use the right brush - hard vs soft and to brush in the right direction, but you must brush long enough and throughout the day.

If you are brushing 10 minutes a day w/poor results, brush longer until you start to see the results you desire.

Remember the more you brush, as long as you are using the right brush for your hair texture, the faster you will get waves.

Methods For Using Pomade
Pomade or similar products like hair paste, wax or gel can be used to help hold down waves and help define them. 

There are several ways to use pomade or related products:
1. Scoop out a dime sized amount of pomade or similar product into the palms of your hands. Use your natural body heat and rub the product until it starts to soften.  Then apply to hair.

2. Place the jar of the pomade in a sink of hot water until it starts to melt or apply a dab to your palms and then run them under a hot blow dryer.  One other option is to warm hands first and then apply the desired amount of product which will soften quickly.

If you still find that the product has not’t melted so that it can be easily distributed through the hair, take a hot towel and place it on your head to melt the grease, or you can use a blow drier.

Steps For Microwaving Pomade

If you have a difficult time getting the pomade soft enough to apply you can try the following microwave method:

1. Scoop out enough pomade for one use and put in a microwave safe glass bowl or cup.  Do not use anything that has metal or could not work in a microwave.
2.  Put the pomade in the freezer of your refrigerator for up to 1 hour to get it to freeze enough to form a hard chunk.
3.  Take the hard pomade out of the freezer put it into the microwave safe glass bowl or cup. 
4.  Microwave in increments of 15-20 seconds until the pomade gets soft but not runny.  Continue at 15-20 second increments until the pomade is just the right texture that you desire.
5. Let it cool so that it does not burn when you touch with your fingers.
6.  Apply to your hair. 

Applying Pomade/Products To Hair

Using the palms of your hands, apply the distributed product all through your head.   After you apply the product use your brush to further distribute the product into your hair.

Ice Pomade

Use ice pomade sparingly such as for when you are going out.  It is possible that it will irritate your skin or your scalp or cause damage if used constantly.

Methods For Moisturizing

Pink Lotion/Scrul Moisturizer Application Technique:

Use pink lotion or Scurl Moisturizer to keep your hair moisturized and from drying. There is no specific rule for using moisture.  Use it  throughout the day whenever your hair starts to feel dry or you feel you need to use it.

Every morning before leaving the house put some pink lotion on and brush for like 15 minutes.

Water technique:

While you are brushing, spray your hair with water and brush it dry. Keep repeating this until you’re finished brushing.

Other Products For 360 Waves

To achieve natural waves, use a good waving wax like Proclaim and use it along with some pink hair lotion.

Steps For Dealing With Difficult To Wave/Super Nappy Hair

1. Wash hair daily with shampoo.  Use warm but NOT hot water.  Hot water dries out hair making it harder to wave.
2. Add rinse-out conditioner letting it remain in hair at least 5 minutes.  It can be left in hair longer if desired. 
3.  Rinse conditioner out with warm...not hot water.  Do not wash all the conditioner completely out.  A little helps to keep dry hair moist which makes it better for creating waves.
4.  At the very end do a quick 25 second dose with cool/cold water.  Use a clean plastic bottle prefilled with cool water and dose it over head.
5.  Finish with warm water.
6.  Let hair air dry until about 90% dry.  Add jojoba, baby or similar oil being careful to keep off skin since this can cause skin breakouts.
7.  Buy a good hard brush and brush hair during the day.
8.  Keep hair moist throughout the day by adding in a little oil as needed OR using a spritzer bottle filled with a little conditioner mixed with warm water and shaken well.
9.  Wear a doorag or similar cap for sleeping at night.

Note:  Some people find that they achieve better results using different type of caps that will help create waves.  Some people swear by stocking caps.  Be prepared to experiment with caps that works best for your hair type, texture and waves.

Types Of DooRags (also Do-Rags, DuRags or similar)

What is a DooRag? A doorag is cloth, often made of nylon and resembling a panty hose by the fact that the band is adjustable and fits tightly around the forehead and front of the head.  Doorags are worn over the hair of one's head.

DooRags come in every imaginable style, color and fabric.

DooRags are also known as DoRags, DewRags, DuRags....etc.,

The No Tail Do-Rag is a snug fitting stretch cap.  You can get them with or without a super absorbent stretch sweatband which is good for when you are applying moisture to your waves. The No Tail is perfect for helping to maintain men's wave hairstyles.  When possible, select a Do-Rag that is made with a mesh style material which allows air to flow through the cap and keep it cool while firmly holding any wave shapes.

The Tail Do-Rags, have fabric that extends from the base of the do-rag.  The tails can be worn tied together or worn loose, hanging down the back of the neck. Tail do-rags can long or short tails.

For extreme control you can wear a special wave cap with a do-rag over the top to really hold down the waves and help to form a super tight pattern.

Some people find sleeping in a doorag uncomfortable because it may hug the sides of the head too tightly so they may opt for a wave cap instead.

Principles of Creating 360 Waves

Creating 360 waves is a lot of work.  It requires the following ingredients:

1.  Committment & willingness to do whatever it takes.
2.  Good barber that knows how to cut
3.  Using the right products
4.  Using the right brush (hard vs soft)
5.  Following the right shampoo & care techniques
6.  Lots of brushing to deepen the pattern and care for the waves
7.  Willingness to try new methods of wave care for better results
8.  Hard work

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Replies:
Posted By: BIGGMike
Date Posted: June 07 2005 at 5:15pm
You tell them Karen!

-------------
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!

Posted By: lil fate 101
Date Posted: June 17 2005 at 12:09am
GREAT ADVICE

-------------
waves so deep make you sleep

Date Posted: June 17 2005 at 4:41pm

I suggest all new vistitors read this and follow the advice. This is the owner and founder of Hairboutique.com. She talks to celeberties stylist everyday. She is in constant contact with hair care product designers, owners, and many many hair consultants.

-------------
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!

Posted By: THECHOSEN1
Date Posted: July 26 2005 at 9:59pm

-------------
waveing is mental a barrier u must over come

Posted By: Mejesticuddie
Date Posted: July 27 2005 at 2:06am
yea this has good advice for newbies

Posted By: baller05
Date Posted: July 27 2005 at 7:04am

Posted By: The Man
Date Posted: July 27 2005 at 9:27am
sho right

Posted By: The Man
Date Posted: July 27 2005 at 9:27am
now they dont have to post a thread asking how to get waves

Date Posted: July 27 2005 at 9:49am

You found it? Good thinking, we do have a large amount of traffic on this site now. Thanks

I think this would help with some questions. Good looking "The Man".

-------------

Posted By: Blazer15
Date Posted: July 27 2005 at 3:29pm
This is some good advices for beginers and people that already have waves.

-------------
Holla at ya boy BK/QN finest. My waves is so lethal makes you sick to death.

Posted By: Rence119
Date Posted: July 27 2005 at 7:05pm
yea this will stop stupid posts hopefully

-------------
We will always remeber you MJ u are the greatest.

6 rings
14 time all star
5 time season mvp
1st in career ppg at 30.1
6 time playoff mvp
3 time allstar game mvp
10 time scoring champ

Posted By: pmp4lfjmike
Date Posted: July 31 2005 at 9:06pm

-------------

Date Posted: August 01 2005 at 9:11pm
lol

-------------

6 rings
14 time all star
5 time season mvp
6 time playoff mvp
3 time allstar game mvp
10 time scoring champ

Posted By: bird
Date Posted: August 04 2005 at 7:31pm
that sounds like real good advice

Posted By: JordanCollecta
Date Posted: August 06 2005 at 11:30am
i think newbies should start coming to this post first so they could know what is good and dont have 2 post dumb $hit

-------------
It aint me, its my jewlery thats pissed off

Date Posted: August 07 2005 at 4:08pm
uh huh

-------------

6 rings
14 time all star
5 time season mvp
6 time playoff mvp
3 time allstar game mvp
10 time scoring champ

Posted By: LIL J
Date Posted: August 08 2005 at 3:11pm
yep that is true

-------------
homie if u keep on brushing you will be spinning lyke twista

Date Posted: August 08 2005 at 4:22pm

-------------

6 rings
14 time all star
5 time season mvp
6 time playoff mvp
3 time allstar game mvp
10 time scoring champ

Posted By: LIL J
Date Posted: August 08 2005 at 4:36pm

-------------
homie if u keep on brushing you will be spinning lyke twista

Date Posted: August 09 2005 at 3:51pm
enough smiley faces already

-------------

6 rings
14 time all star
5 time season mvp
6 time playoff mvp
3 time allstar game mvp
10 time scoring champ

Posted By: Chi-Town_Boy
Date Posted: August 10 2005 at 5:28pm
dang that's stuff i didnt even kno about

-------------
Making A Big Comeback New Pics Coming Soon

Date Posted: August 10 2005 at 7:19pm
This posts shouldn't even have this many replies

-------------

6 rings
14 time all star
5 time season mvp
6 time playoff mvp
3 time allstar game mvp
10 time scoring champ

Posted By: lil fate 101
Date Posted: August 28 2005 at 5:24am

-------------
waves so deep make you sleep

Date Posted: September 10 2005 at 11:29am
wow

-------------

6 rings
14 time all star
5 time season mvp
6 time playoff mvp
3 time allstar game mvp
10 time scoring champ

Date Posted: September 13 2005 at 10:35am
Yall tripping now, enough already! I think we all get the point, case closed. Don't waste your time on it if your already know.

-------------

Posted By: THECHOSEN1
Date Posted: November 13 2005 at 7:55pm
testing

-------------
waveing is mental a barrier u must over come

Date Posted: November 15 2005 at 4:18pm

THECHOSEN1, man what are you doing?

Are you ready? Ready to go >>>>>> 

-------------

Posted By: chillin22
Date Posted: November 16 2005 at 2:02pm
wassup yall, this ya boy chillin 22. i have'nt posted in like a year in ahaf. i was on 360 waves part 1 with the original guys like cardinal, twista and meace2society. i see biggmike is the new leader around hear with a lot of new wavers to the seen. i ain't new to da wave game, been in n out for a couple of years but yall's methods are solid. i also appreciate biggmike being a good mentor these kats on how we can be the best role model for our race. ya'll keep doin ya thang. happy wavin.

-------------
the wave game is a game of stategies, methods, and experience to become a champion!

Date Posted: November 17 2005 at 3:43pm
He said " the wave game is a game of stategies, methods, and experience to become a champion"!

-------------

Posted By: Ice-Man
Date Posted: November 28 2005 at 8:20am
 WOW HE KNOWS HIS STUFF FORREAL HOMIE

Posted By: Yung Hu$tla
Date Posted: December 01 2005 at 4:55pm
u can tell hes  been in this wave thing 4 a long time

-------------
hustlin to get 360 gotta keep on brushing

Date Posted: December 08 2005 at 2:42pm
HECK YEAH

-------------
THE KEY TO 360'S IS TO BRUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Boy Wonda
Date Posted: December 10 2005 at 4:23pm
tue true

Date Posted: January 04 2006 at 9:48pm
^^ wtf

-------------

Date Posted: January 10 2006 at 4:10pm
?

-------------
THE KEY TO 360'S IS TO BRUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: liltmac
Date Posted: January 14 2006 at 10:33am
?

-------------

My waves are 720, you only 180
My name is liltmac aka lilkobe     

Posted By: fatzbusta
Date Posted: January 14 2006 at 1:51pm
some the products in the FAQ are questionable

-------------
http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39034&PN=4 - mY PICS AFTER
http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=38805&PN=4 - MY PICS BEFORE

Date Posted: January 15 2006 at 11:12pm
yea

-------------

Date Posted: January 16 2006 at 2:40am
cuz i surely didn't know have the things she posted but none the less if something is hyped up people will try it like sex.....that is most hyped thing to ever existed

-------------
http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39034&PN=4 - mY PICS AFTER
http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=38805&PN=4 - MY PICS BEFORE

Date Posted: January 16 2006 at 11:59am
^ lol

-------------

Date Posted: January 18 2006 at 5:35pm
its true u remember when u was young u was nose deep into sex ed in fifth grade

-------------

Date Posted: February 02 2006 at 10:38pm
lol

-------------

Posted By: detroitballa313
Date Posted: February 27 2006 at 3:03am
I kno this might sound stupid, but ima beginninger...When brushing in a circular pattern, do you mean the brush is going around my head or im moving the brush ina circular pattern while brushing?

-------------
Started my quest for 360s
Tuesday Feb. 28,2006

Posted By: NDATRAP
Date Posted: February 27 2006 at 6:28am

welcome to the site detroit. nah homie it doesnt mean that the brush is going around ur head. just look in the brushing instructions thread n it has a chart that shows u how to brush properly. hope i helpd u out

-------------
ALL I HAVE N THIS WORLD IZ MY WAVES N MY WORD N I BREAK THEM 4 NO ONE

Posted By: detroitballa313
Date Posted: February 27 2006 at 2:26pm
thanks..can you give me a link to the site?

-------------
Started my quest for 360s
Tuesday Feb. 28,2006

Posted By: swrigh94
Date Posted: March 01 2006 at 12:10pm
Wassup..new to the site but was glad that I found it.  I am a newbie on the 360 scene.  Been tryN to curve the 360's for years but have just recently got some pointers to 'cut' them like a pro.  My question is... does texture of hair or whether the grain growth direction matters to how quickly or delayed the waves will come?  Thanks for the help

-------------
"Treat people in the same manner that you wish to be treated."     ----Jesus Christ

Date Posted: March 01 2006 at 4:49pm

welcome to da site fam... texture does play a factor in gettin waves da softer and less nappy ur hair is da quicker it will be to get waves da thicker ur hair is da  longer it will take. brush wit da grain to obtain wave pattern and brush daily on a consistent basis to notice results. when u get a cut, cut wit da grain and when washing hair brush  hair in da shower in wit da grain. also waves take time so be prepared to work hard to get da results u want

-------------
the wave game is a game of stategies, methods, and experience to become a champion!

Posted By: thenumber1lon
Date Posted: March 09 2006 at 12:50pm

this tips seem very helpful, i am going to try them out and get back with you in about a month and let in on the improvement.

-------------

Date Posted: March 09 2006 at 12:57pm
thanks for the tips, i'll keep brushing and see what happens.

-------------

Posted By: JCREAZ1986
Date Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:12am
now i have straight hair what kind of brush should i use.

-------------
BRUSH TO SUCCESS

Posted By: ButchBoi05
Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 2:23pm
a medium and a soft.

-------------

Date Posted: March 25 2006 at 12:19pm
IS IT RIGHT TO USE MY POMADE EVERYNITE?

-------------
BRUSH TO SUCCESS

Date Posted: March 25 2006 at 2:11pm
I dont feel you need to use pomade every night , but it depends on if ya hair is long and what pomade are yor using?

-------------

Date Posted: March 25 2006 at 2:49pm
MY HAIR IS LIKE URS AND I USE 360, BUT MY WAVES NOT SHOWING ON THE SIDES SO I USE IT EVERYNITE.

-------------
BRUSH TO SUCCESS

Date Posted: March 25 2006 at 3:37pm
You hair is pretty long then cuz Im @ 5 weeks with no cut...360 is ok to use but every day Is not necessary cuz usin it everday will not get those side waves to come in brushin will. I recommend using a Thick pomade @ the beginning of the week then every few days if you need it add somethin light such as 360.

-------------

Posted By: rocawaves23
Date Posted: March 25 2006 at 9:22pm
If you usin 360 everynite you gotta wash your hair, so you don't jus build 360 up in your hair. But when you get waves, i'd say switch it up to lets jam orange top.

Posted By: wavemasterx
Date Posted: March 27 2006 at 3:29pm

Confused Yo instructions are coo Some what like mine Wink but a lot different.

-------------
markeith the wavemaster!!

Date Posted: April 15 2006 at 2:44pm
YO I AM SO PISSED OFF WIT MY SIDES. IS IT BCUZ IM BRUSHING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION OR WHAT, CUZ IM BRUSHIN MY SIDES STRAIGHT FORWARD FOR ABOUT 4 WEEKS NOW AND MY TOP N BACK R COOL BUT ITS DA THE SIDES THATS FN EVTHING UP.

-------------
BRUSH TO SUCCESS

Date Posted: April 15 2006 at 7:46pm
Sides just take time...you're probably not doing anything wrong.

-------------

Date Posted: April 19 2006 at 7:15am

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the info.  My cuts are coming in but I am still having problems with my top.  I am brushing my hair as per the instructions but the top front aint doin sh*t.  It seems that when I brush my hair to the side I get the waves but not the 360 that I want.  Should I continue to brush forward?  By the way it has been 6 weeks.

Thanks for the help, fam!!

-------------
"Treat people in the same manner that you wish to be treated."     ----Jesus Christ

Date Posted: April 19 2006 at 11:21am
it's only been 6 weeks. ur still new in da game... i don't think ur doing anything wrong. spend an additional 10-15 mins on the top. they'll come in wit time. 

-------------

Date Posted: April 19 2006 at 12:22pm
Thanks Chillin 22 for the word.  How often should I be using the pomade and what type would you recommend?

-------------

Date Posted: April 19 2006 at 2:19pm
there really isn't a best pomade they all work....it's all personal preference. i personally like sportin waves gold. if u go out regularly than maybe 1-2 times a day. i would only add pomade when goin out...make sure u rinse or wash it out daily cause dat stuff is thick...u only need a dime size.

-------------

Posted By: buttaknife412
Date Posted: April 27 2006 at 7:07pm
Ay im kinda new to this thang its been bout two months but since my barber messed up the cut i had to start ova. But my question is fo the sides do u brush straight down or to a angle cuz most peeps say to an angle but this says straight down

-------------
Holla At Ya Boi Buttaknife

Date Posted: April 27 2006 at 9:58pm

u want to brush it an angle...

-------------

Posted By: buttaknife412
Date Posted: April 28 2006 at 7:51pm
Aight thats straight good looks too

-------------
Holla At Ya Boi Buttaknife

Date Posted: May 02 2006 at 12:18pm

WHAT ARE SOME OF YALL ROUTINES IN THE MORNING?

-------------
BRUSH TO SUCCESS

Date Posted: May 02 2006 at 12:37pm

after removing the cap, I be brushing for about 15/20 min.  If I be goin out, then I will be some pomade on it to make it look sharp.  If I aint goin nowhere, after brushing I put the cap back on.

-------------

Date Posted: May 08 2006 at 1:43pm
OH OK  SWRIGH94 BUT WHAT IF IT'S HOT OUTSIDE WOULDN'T THE POMADE MELT

-------------
BRUSH TO SUCCESS

Posted By: NDGthaDon
Date Posted: May 15 2006 at 10:04pm
i havent experienced a pomade to melt.

-------------

Date Posted: May 16 2006 at 9:31pm
the pomade probably would melt if its really hot outside. keep it inside where its room temperature.

-------------

Date Posted: May 22 2006 at 8:37pm

damn if its that hot...yo waves be all white when u come outside

-------------

Date Posted: May 23 2006 at 6:54pm
 probably will. yeah i wake up and i take my durag off, spray some olive oil sheen on my head brush it for about 20 minutes and i will go to school. i put my pomades (nunile) after i an threw washing my hair i put it on after it dries, but in the morning i dont put any pomade on.

Posted By: wildman2007
Date Posted: May 25 2006 at 4:09pm
sometimes i put wave gel activator on

-------------
love is for suckas

Posted By: CRidge
Date Posted: May 26 2006 at 9:03am
usually jus take wave cap off and brush or sometimes add pro line comb thru wave keeper

-------------

Date Posted: May 26 2006 at 7:13pm
yeah it depends on what you like and what works for you.

Date Posted: May 27 2006 at 11:21pm
yeah sometimes u dont really have to put pomade in just moisterize.

-------------

Posted By: SupaFresh208
Date Posted: May 31 2006 at 8:21am
in the morning I take off my durag and soft brush for a little less than a minute. im not a morning person so I dont have time in the morning.

-------------
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE

Date Posted: June 01 2006 at 3:05pm
thats tha only time when i brush in tha mornin cuz in tha afternoon im chillin wit my homies or im workin.

-------------

Date Posted: June 01 2006 at 3:22pm

I do brush for a good 8-10minutes at night while in the shower.

-------------

Date Posted: June 01 2006 at 4:36pm
i hear u cuz.

-------------

Posted By: HeadnRotation
Date Posted: June 08 2006 at 3:26pm
damn 8-10 minutes...i only brush wheneva there iz shampoo in my hair or conditioner and dats not even 4 dat long. plus on those days i aint washing my hair. i jus brush for two minutes

-------------

Posted By: blackmagic
Date Posted: June 08 2006 at 7:18pm
i only brush for about 5 minutes in the shower maybe a bit mor when im washing it

Date Posted: June 09 2006 at 10:58pm
i brush 4 like 20 mins in tha bathroom.

-------------

Date Posted: June 16 2006 at 8:02am
I cant brush 4 that long

-------------

Date Posted: June 19 2006 at 12:12pm
me either thats why i count brush

-------------

Date Posted: June 20 2006 at 8:24am
i used to count brush i stopped cuz i was thinkin about sex im sorry.

-------------

Posted By: ceehavoc
Date Posted: June 20 2006 at 8:44am
whats up. im new to the waves thing and i think i need some help. since i was about 9 i had braids and i just cut them off and now im tryna get waves. i brought the sportin wave promade gold and i wanna tell u wat i do daily and if im missing some steps please let me know what and when i should do it. I NEED DETAILS. thanks. 1. b4 i got to bed after my shower and washimg my hair, i put the promade in and brush my hair. 2. i put a hot rag in the microwave and place it on top of my head so the promade can melt. 3. i brush my hair for about 2 mins. and put my du rag on. then i got to bed. wheni wake up all i do is put the hot rag on my head again and brush for abut 2 mins. put the durag on and go to school. is this ok to do if not pleeease help me and remeber i need to know what and when. AND IM SORRY THAT MY POST IS LONG BUT I THINK I NEED SERIOUS HELP

-------------
it is what it is

Date Posted: June 20 2006 at 3:05pm
mailto:lol@ndgthadon - lol@ndgthadon

-------------

Posted By: young_africa
Date Posted: June 21 2006 at 12:18am
i only brush for like 20 min everyday or so

-------------

Date Posted: June 21 2006 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Chi-Town_Boy Chi-Town_Boy wrote:

mailto:lol@ndgthadon - lol@ndgthadon
cosign

-------------

Posted By: legion2004
Date Posted: June 21 2006 at 10:33pm
I am starting this week, and I wanted to know how long does it take to see results? I haved soft hair and it is flat at the top. I am using sportin waves but I am not sure if it is needed. After reading old posts, it seems that water is the best starter.  Is this true or false?

Date Posted: June 22 2006 at 12:47am
keep hair moist in brush all the time u be decent

-------------

Date Posted: June 22 2006 at 1:12pm
cosign

-------------