Print Page | Close Window

What’s everyones anual hair growth?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28889
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 8:34am

Topic: What’s everyones anual hair growth?
Posted By: laststar
Subject: What’s everyones anual hair growth?
Date Posted: March 20 2005 at 8:58pm
I was reading a older post that said "no cutting observations"  and thought it would be interesting to see how much progress everyones hair makes in a year.  I have never really tracked mine,  although this year I will.  I have decided for my small trim in Jan 2006 maybe the feye's method as Anais sugessted. In January I measured 21 inches from hairline to ends and now it is 23 inches I will like to get close to 30 by the end of the year,  I know thats a lot to ask but will see.  I read that Juliana's hair grows 10 inches a month (I'm jealous) that is awesome.  I hope everyone that is trying to go long achieves their goals.

Replies:
Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: March 21 2005 at 6:56am
I don't think Juliana would have said her hair grows 10 inches a month!    I haven't seen her around in a long time, but she was always a very nice person, and if she said that it was probably only by mistake (I don't know which post you're referring to). 

My hair grows the typical average half inch a month, and 6 inches a year.

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: laststar
Date Posted: March 21 2005 at 1:36pm
Sorry my correction I meant in a year,  a month would be impossible.  It is on page 6 I believe.

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: March 21 2005 at 1:58pm
Mine goes about 7. Which is supposedly typical for most of the Asian race for some reason. If someone can explain international differences, please share!

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: March 21 2005 at 7:05pm
I dunno if there is any such explanation, AnaisSatin.  I once knew a (caucasian) woman whose hair grew 12 inches per year.  Mine grows at the average rate of about 6 inches per year.  I have at least one strand on my head that is 64 inches long.  That would make that strand 10 years and 8 months old.

-------------

Posted By: Katja
Date Posted: March 22 2005 at 2:59pm
mine has been a little slow for the past year and a half, but normally it grows 6-7 inches a year, so a little more than half an inch per month i guess.

Posted By: GoldieLocks92
Date Posted: March 22 2005 at 3:30pm
I have only started measuring this year, but I average about 1 inch per month, so 12 inches per year. I doubt my hair ever grew this fast before I made so many changes in my health and styling routines, though.

-------------
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05

Print Page | Close Window