Print Page | Close Window

need help bonding....latex glue....

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28964
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 11:20am

Topic: need help bonding....latex glue....
Posted By: blondie718
Subject: need help bonding....latex glue....
Date Posted: March 22 2005 at 2:23pm
hello im trying to bond some hair on a track into my hair for lenghth. I am using alatex glue so has anyone used latex glue before ? i tried it on my friend to see how to do it and it really didnt stick that good , if i pulle don it it tugged out a bit, am i supposed to use a drier to like make it dry or someting?

Replies:
Posted By: shel221
Date Posted: March 22 2005 at 3:22pm

Hi blondie it takes a little while to dry and if you are gluing on a full weft you would need to hold it in place.  Ive heard of some people using a hair dryer to make it work faster but i dont know as i havent tried it.  One thing about latex is that when you wash your hair the weft will prob fall out.  Its only for temporary bonding.

x

Posted By: blondie718
Date Posted: March 22 2005 at 7:00pm
thank you so much , so for another glue like liquid gold glue would it last longer? and would i need to wait long for it to dry?

Posted By: leia1979
Date Posted: March 22 2005 at 7:18pm
According to Sherrie, LG bonded wefts last several weeks when done with the sandwich technique...I'll dig the instructions up if you like.  While I haven't used latex for anything other than pretipping, I have heard it should last a good week or two. 

Posted By: sherrie215
Date Posted: March 22 2005 at 9:47pm

Here the link!

http://p080.ezboard.com/fhair18356frm6.showMessage?topicID=1076.topic - http://p080.ezboard.com/fhair18356frm6.showMessage?topicID=1 076.topic

Date Posted: March 23 2005 at 1:18am
I used latex once when my glue gun broken down and every client that had small bonds with it had most of them come out after first wash.  They are also very stretchy and stringy when you pull at them and could prob pull the weft back of really easy.  try bonding a few indivudual strands with the latex and see how they hold up. It could just be the latex i used (proclaim).  You would be better trying microlinks if it doesnt work out for you.

Date Posted: March 23 2005 at 1:19am

Ive never used LG so let us know how you get on with that.

x

Posted By: zapevaj
Date Posted: March 23 2005 at 7:10am
Shel, as far as I know latex glue is not intended for strand-by-strand bonding. It's far too weak for that; wefts are the best it can do.

-Rae

-------------
http://www.hairalchemy.net - Hair Alchemy

Posted By: tynita
Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 11:45am

Hello, I'm new to the post.

How is everyone doing? Well my sister was telling me about a product called liquid gold glue. Well my questions is will the fusion method work better with the pre-tipped fusion hair or with the liquid gold glue.  I want to have a flawless weave if you know whtat I mean.  I would also like to know if the off the weft method (liquid gold glue) better than the fusion method and how long does it last?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tynita

-------------
Hello

Date Posted: March 26 2005 at 1:41pm

hi zapevaj.  Someone once used it in my hair (total disaster) for strand by strand method and when wet it went like chewing gum and all stuck together i was so angry.  Anyway it lasted good in my hair (as it was very hard to get it all out) god knows what she did as on the day my glue gun broke down on me i tried this on my clients and what a mess!

I know what you mean after my little dissaster i dont think i'll use it again.  Does it really hold a weft of hair in place and stay in? Ive heard of a lot of people that use this method right enough so i guess ive answered my own question (LOL)

xx

Print Page | Close Window