Print Page | Close Window

gluing pretips into Mircrorings

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=29054
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 11:42am

Topic: gluing pretips into Mircrorings
Posted By: krs523
Subject: gluing pretips into Mircrorings
Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 12:45pm

Has anyone had any luck with gluing their pretipped hair into the microrings before installing?  I think that was brought up before and wanted to know if it works.  Seems like it would make the installation go faster.  Any thoughts would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Kate

Replies:
Posted By: Amanda8Beechwoo
Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 12:54pm
I heard before on a thread about gluing the tip into shrinkies but I couldn't really see that working.  That's interesting though I never though about gluing it in the extentube, anybody here know of any pros or cons of doing that xx

Posted By: mochachip
Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 2:19pm
I tried doing it with the sheinkie and it was harder to install than with the shrinkie and tip separate.

What would you use to glue it to the ring?  nail glue?  I can't imagine anything else that would hold without wasting a lot of space.

Posted By: krs523
Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 2:24pm

Yep....I was thinking a touch of nail glue.  Figured just a small dab would hold it....

Posted By: Jenny_RR
Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 5:52pm
I actually tried this the other day, using a drop of nail glue, but I found it difficult to get the tip in exactly as I wanted it, and ultimately, it seemed like it was going to be more time-consuming, so I abandoned that completely. But yeah, the nail glue will definitely hold it in place. :)

Posted By: Gina E
Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 6:33pm

Yup...

I've been dickin with this approach myself...couldn't get the nail glue to adhere (maybe my glue is junk) I thought about clear polish. Even more desperatly...craft glue ala glue gun (laugh if you like!)

If I get anything to go...I'l be sure to share!

O...forgort to add... I used nail glue to pretip shrinkies. I ended up getting my bonds to hard. I have since abbonded shrinkies.

Print Page | Close Window