Print Page | Close Window

Dome/I Hate Bulk Hair...

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=29056
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 11:33am

Topic: Dome/I Hate Bulk Hair...
Posted By: Syren123
Subject: Dome/I Hate Bulk Hair...
Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 1:44pm
I just got my Dome hair via DHL this morning, and it's nice...not much difference, really, from PH except WAY curlier but hard to tell just from the fiddling I've done. It does have a bouncy wave, tho. We'll see how it does. I really should have gotten the PH 50mm and Dome Classic but I was afraid that it would go pin straight right away. So far, it has not. I'm having the same problems as Jenn with the frizzy ends and kinda coarse feel, but am working on it (blowdryer, rollers, got to get a steamer)..
But back to the Dome. I absolutely HATE BULK HAIR! Just fingering through it, it's already shedding like a dog...makes me not even want to attempt to tip it cuz I know the mess I'm in for! I may just try to sew it on the sewing machine between 2 pieces of tissue paper to make a weft. I just can't face another mess with bulk hair. I just can't.

Oh yeah. And I got 2 bottles of Dome Care and a bottle of the conditioner. Hopefully this will tame the wild beast.

Replies:
Posted By: Amanda8Beechwoo
Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 1:48pm
Why don't you put a rubber band around the top chick and then cut it from the bulk to tip.  I don't get any shedding when I do this xxxx

Posted By: Syren123
Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 3:20pm
I do that, Amanda! Plus it already comes with a real tight band around it. I don't know...maybe I just futz with it too much. But you have to unwrap the curly hair to separate out strands to cut, and that makes it tangly, so I brush the ends, and it sheds and sheds. I'm going to sew it into a temporary weft like I saw on a dollmaking website. That should make it a little bit easier.

Posted By: mochachip
Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 3:31pm
rather than brush to separate how about spraying it with whatever product your use (dome care, fabric softener, etc) and finger combing to separate the curls.  WIth afirm rubber band I have next to no shedding with 50mm PH this way.

Posted By: leia1979
Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 4:17pm
I understand your pain.  I'm having the same problem with PH.  All I want to do is separate a strand, but I have to carefully comb it and comb it some more to get the one section free.

Posted By: MERGUTHRIE
Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 4:31pm
I have the same problem, but I never have a lot shed... it's not so much of a big deal to stress over....

-------------
i love plastikhaar

Posted By: RoseRose
Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 4:45pm
For WaWa I tape down wax paper, leave the hair in the faux 1/4 of the way down weft then glue it. I wait atleast 15 minutes before attempting to do anything, to give the glue time to stick to the waxpaper. I've found that the glue helps keep the remaining strands from getting all mucked up.

I have decided that there is just no way that I can get away from throwing away some that got tangled up.

If Sara decided to let us be her PH distrib's lets think about carrying wefts!

Posted By: zapevaj
Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 6:51pm
It's not a matter of bulk sucking and wefts being good; bulk is fine if you know how to deal with it. Always hold it by the loop at the center (where it folds over), and make sure the hair stays together at that point. Or, if you're using it as one length, hold it a few inches away from the ends. When you want to separate out a bit, pinch off the desired amount with one hand, securely hold the rest of the hair with the other hand, and slowly pull them entirely apart.

-Rae

-------------
http://www.hairalchemy.net - Hair Alchemy

Posted By: Gina E
Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 7:19pm

Syren...

Did U catch this? http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28838&PN=4 - http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28838 &PN=4

Making your own weft on a machine...do tell more

Gna

Print Page | Close Window