Print Page | Close Window

financing

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Beauty Talk
Forum Name: Cosmetic Surgery
Forum Description: Botox to brow lifts, lasers to lippo. Share your scoops.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=29275
Printed Date: May 19 2024 at 11:22pm

Topic: financing
Posted By: pisceschica
Subject: financing
Date Posted: March 29 2005 at 10:33pm
I just wanted to know from those of you that have gone through plastic surgery or are going through the process of getting it how did you pay for it?  I would like to know what options you had and in your personal opinion (besides credit card) the best way to go.  From what I have read so far they say its best to pay in cash and that it will save you and the surgeon money. Saving up is a very realistic possibility for me because I live with my parents and don't really need any income. I just wanted to know for those that didn't use credit cards how you paid.

Replies:
Posted By: terri5154
Date Posted: April 05 2005 at 7:55pm

Hi, I paid with cash.  I got an extra part-time job cleaning offices and used that money to save for it.  What really motivated me was speaking with the doctor.  I already had about 2 grand saved and had no idea of the cost involved for my nose job.  I guess you could say they let me do a lay-a-way kinda plan.  I gave them the 2 grand then I sent them a check every two weeks for about 2 1/2 months.  Knowing that I would be there soon really got me to pay it quickly. 

If you are living with your parents you should be able to easily save up the money you need.  Just don't waste your money on a bad doctor.  It's worth paying a little more to get a great end result.  Good luck!

Posted By: Gina E
Date Posted: April 11 2005 at 9:42pm

I paid cash,partialy....For the remainder I used my car title for a loan/lein. The bank gave me the Kelly blue book value and a great interest rate. Beware and really research the bank you deal with!!!!!!!!!!!       &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;          I 've also had friends open credit cards with 1 year 0%.

Like terri said...Do Not Compromise on a cheaper service. Plastic surgery is a very personal choice, not to mention expensive...So make sure you are satisfied with you surgeon. Get referrals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: jasmine2g3
Date Posted: September 03 2005 at 7:38pm
well my insurance paid for my foot surgery (hammertoe correction, small bunionectomy). I only had to pay $200 for local anesthesia--which is my copay with Aetna Open Acess HMO.

-------------

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*

Posted By: lwray
Date Posted: August 09 2006 at 7:02pm
You should also ask at your doctor's office if they are affilliated with any financing companies.  I got a loan through CapitalOne with a 1.9% APR. 

All told, my finance charges are less than a nice dinner for two.   I don't feel bad about taking the loan at all.

Posted By: leducred
Date Posted: September 25 2006 at 2:26pm
Jayhawk Medical Financial Co.  Always approved us. We paid it off w/in 2-3months but they give you different payment plans etc.

s

-------------
s

Print Page | Close Window