Print Page | Close Window

Anyone grow out a shag?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=29625
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 6:35am

Topic: Anyone grow out a shag?
Posted By: goddess_mels
Subject: Anyone grow out a shag?
Date Posted: April 09 2005 at 1:52am

Hi...I just got a modified shag (long layers) to give myself a little style while I grow my hair. I still have bangs (eye level) and I want to keep that choppiness, but I'm hoping to get my bangs to below chin level, while the rest grows accordingly.

Has anyone grown a shag long? Did it look nice once it had gotten longer? (I want to keep my layers even when it's long. My hair is very fine and it needs that extra "something".)

-------------
Mels

Replies:
Date Posted: April 11 2005 at 10:40am

Nobody?

Ah well. I'm growing it, one way or the other. I guess I'll find out soon!

-------------
Mels

Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: April 11 2005 at 3:18pm
Never had either a shag or layers. If I did, I'd be sure to grow them out as fast as my little follicles could.

Date Posted: April 11 2005 at 4:02pm
Thanks for the response. I used to feel the same way, but with very thin and fine hair, a little "lightness" really helps. I appreciate the fact that you took the time to respond!

-------------
Mels

Posted By: deltagirl12345
Date Posted: April 12 2005 at 1:25pm

Hi HI:

I never had a shag, but I have had layers.

Love to see a picture of it.

Susan

-------------
Susan

Date Posted: April 12 2005 at 3:19pm
Thanks for the support, Delta...I have to buy a disposable digicam (since I let my little boy get at my "real" one) and I'll post a picture ASAP...I want to have pics of my progress anyway. I'm kind of embarrassed to post such short hair on a board like this but I guess we all have to start somewhere.

-------------
Mels

Posted By: Katja
Date Posted: April 12 2005 at 4:23pm

My hair is longer so it's not a shag (though I did have one about 3 years ago), but i do have some layers for style purposes and they seem to grow a lot faster than my other hair.  And this is just my opinion, but they do still look good when they're longer.

Also, I had eye-length bangs around June of last year and they are about half an inch past my chin now.  It's so nice being able to style them sometimes and then put them behind my ears when I don't want them to show.  Definitely look forward to that, Mels.

I'd love to see a pic of your hair, it sounds like a cute cut.  And don't be embarassed about the length, because like you said- gotta start somewhere!

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 10:55am
When I grew my hair from very short, I went quite awhile without a trim or haircut, so I had a shag by default.  I started getting it shaped as it grew out so that it looked as good as possible.  Once it got long enough to pull back I started wearing ponytails occasionally.  My hair wasn't completely free of layering until it reached my waist.

-------------

Posted By: LadyFrog
Date Posted: May 04 2005 at 3:56pm
don't worry about the wispy bits by your face! they're in fashion at the moment! Just pull your hair back or up o whatyever and let your wisps frame your face so you look like an ancient greek goddess...

Print Page | Close Window