Print Page | Close Window

question

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: General Hair Talk
Forum Description: A free wheeling discussion of hair related topics.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=29869
Printed Date: April 18 2024 at 9:16am

Topic: question
Posted By: aiya
Subject: question
Date Posted: April 16 2005 at 4:38pm
Hi I have a question about hair growth directionwise.  I have straight hair and have just started to part my hair in a certain direction.. It does part, but the hair seems to want to go forward instead of from the part , to the side (it goes straight down).  I was wondering will the hair eventually start to fall right if i keep on combing it right  I mean im not trying to change the shape of the hair (like make it wavy or curly), still striaght but growing in another angle? thanks!

Replies:
Posted By: Tie00
Date Posted: April 16 2005 at 8:14pm
Well, it would depend... do you blowdry your hair? If so, do you part it before or after you have dried it? If you let it dry naturally do you part if before it dries? Some people's parts tend to be a bit natural... and if you've been wearing a certain part for a number of years it might be harder to change. If your part doesn't stay you try hairspray or gel and apply it around the part to make it stay.

Posted By: aiya
Date Posted: April 17 2005 at 11:34am
hi thanks for replying.. i tend to part it when it still wet and then let it dry (sometimes blow dry sometimes regular), but right now its being stubborn.  But I wanted to know will the hair eventually start growing in the new direction ?

Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: April 17 2005 at 12:38pm
If you have a natural part, you may be able to train your hair to part differently, but it will go back again. Clearly, your hair has decided that this is something that is important enough to fight you over.

Print Page | Close Window