Print Page | Close Window

nickel content of microrings

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=30189
Printed Date: June 17 2024 at 7:25am

Topic: nickel content of microrings
Posted By: AmethystKat
Subject: nickel content of microrings
Date Posted: April 25 2005 at 9:02pm
i have decided to go to boogiemama for synthetic extensions. but i was just wondering about the nickel content of doc's microrings, which i may try someday. i'm pretty allergic to nickel, is there any nickelfree alternative besides eurolocs or hairlocs?

Replies:
Posted By: StacyMyers
Date Posted: April 25 2005 at 9:10pm

Hey there...

I would not suggest doctored locks microrings if you are allergic to metals.  I have the same problem and broke out in bumps after a week of installation. 

Perhaps the extendatubes brand would be better... not sure.  Maybe some of the other girls can help you find a better alternative.  However, you you want to try doc's microlinks I can send you a few and you can test a couple of strands out with them before installing a full head-- just to be safe.  PM me if you want them.

Posted By: sherrie215
Date Posted: April 25 2005 at 9:23pm
I think the extendtubes are nickel too, but I cant remember, maybe someone else thats in the know will say for sure. Maybe shrinkies would be a better option for you!

Posted By: zapevaj
Date Posted: April 26 2005 at 1:36am
Definitely don't use Doc's rings if you're allergic to nickel.

(My friend's poor head...)

-------------
http://www.hairalchemy.net - Hair Alchemy

Date Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:28am
boooooo 

Posted By: TanglesRC
Date Posted: April 26 2005 at 11:29am

i am wondering if its the material your alergic to or this-

what if the tube was placed so tight up to your scalp, and when you slept it rubbed your scalp making a scab ( sometimes the tubes can be scratchy) and the bumps you felt were scabs just trying to heal and purhaps if you placed them a bit lower on the hair shaft, it wouldnt make a scab. I know this becuase the girl who does my hair sometimes goes to close and i have had small bumps and it goes a way in a day or so . Now i have to remind her to not go so tight. our scalps are so sensitive too.

could be you are alergic to them but try considering what i suggusted.

Date Posted: April 26 2005 at 11:44am
me? no i've never worn microrings. i know i'm allergic to nickel because of the jewelry i wore and my nickel flute.

Posted By: TanglesRC
Date Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:55pm
oh ok got ya!

Posted By: Syren123
Date Posted: April 26 2005 at 11:00pm
I thought you were going to Braiding Mecca, aka Boogiemama? You won't need anything but a photographer and a booking agent after that!
If you want to add more hair or whatever and you're allergic to nickel, just do shrinkies. Problem solved.

Posted By: zapevaj
Date Posted: April 27 2005 at 12:15am
TanglesRC- no, it's definitely the nickel. I just did a really tight braided weave on the same friend, and her head is doing fine!

-Rae

-------------
http://www.hairalchemy.net - Hair Alchemy

Date Posted: April 27 2005 at 12:57am
i SAID right in the beginning of my post " i have decided to go to boogiemama for synthetic extensions." 

Posted By: Jenny_RR
Date Posted: April 27 2005 at 6:02am
Excellent choice, Kat. I LOVE her work! You are required to post pics afterward (just so you know). :)

Date Posted: April 27 2005 at 10:57am
lol no prob. i will want to showw of as much as possible anyways. won't have the money for  a month at least, tho

Print Page | Close Window