Print Page | Close Window

all of a sudden... hair!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=30482
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 4:34am

Topic: all of a sudden... hair!
Posted By: Katja
Subject: all of a sudden... hair!
Date Posted: May 05 2005 at 6:32pm

this thought came to me yesterday as i was looking at (otherwise known as envying ) a friend of mine's beautiful long hair...

does anyone else ever marvel at the way hair grows?  i mean, one day it's short and a few months later it's a couple inches longer... sure, hair growth is just a natural process, but it's so fascinating when you really think about it.  a hundred thousand tiny strings extending out of your head that need to be taken care of.  it's like a downscale version of caring for a child or a pet... it's all so amazing to me.

any thoughts on this?

-------------
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen

Replies:
Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: May 08 2005 at 1:13pm
100000 follicles (give or take) on the scalp cranking out strands (capable of being very long)... not to mention all of the other pores on the skin's surface and the hairs they grow.  That's a whole lotta hair growin!  And that's just one of the ways the body uses protein (the primary one being muscle building and repair).  Fascinating stuff, actually.

-------------

Posted By: shiverpale
Date Posted: May 08 2005 at 1:28pm

im intrigued by the people upon this board that have all kinds of fascinating knowledge about hair! - dave, where did you get to learn about these hair thingymajigis!?!?!?!

Asmara

-------------
"The hair is the richest ornament of women."

Posted By: laststar
Date Posted: May 13 2005 at 6:38pm
I agree it is pretty neat,  the whole growth process.  Anais said in one post to take progress pics and she is right.  I looked at a pic taken about two and a half months ago.  I noticed quite a change in the lenght,  and it seemed like just the other day.  In just a while everyone on the board will have nice long hair.  good luck.

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: May 13 2005 at 7:52pm

Yes! It's a marvel. Sometimes I'm surprised that even I have hair to begin with. I definitely think that progress photos can mean more than taking measurements. That way you can SEE the difference and it gives more confidence than a series of numbers.

Happy growing, and (((GROUP HUG)))

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Date Posted: May 14 2005 at 4:03pm
Hi Anais,

Just want to tell you that your hair is gorgeous!   Thanks for sharing the new pic (I don't think I've shared that thought yet).

-------------

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: May 15 2005 at 3:48pm

Thank you Dave  As usual, it means so much coming from you.

So... when will YOU post bigger photos? Everyone dreams of seeing your impressive hair, but most of us have seen pictures no bigger than an avatar.

::elbow elbow elbow::

::hint hint hint::

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: strawberryfine
Date Posted: May 16 2005 at 4:39pm

Here, here!

I second the motion!

-------------
strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"

Date Posted: May 19 2005 at 8:29pm
Erm, um... I'll have to get to that soon.  Keep reminding me if I don't post something within the next couple of weeks.  (yes, that's an invitation).

-------------

Print Page | Close Window