Print Page | Close Window

Thanks!!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=30499
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 4:32am

Topic: Thanks!!
Posted By: chgurlsng
Subject: Thanks!!
Date Posted: May 06 2005 at 8:29am
I have been visiting this hair board, all different web sights on hair, and listening to my long haired pals at home.  I wanted to thank you all for the wonderful advice.
First and foremost, I have changed conditioning methods.  Before, I was using only conditioner and once in a while, washing my roots with a small dab of shampoo.  Last month, I changed to using conditioner, then a small bottle of water with a tablespoon of shampoo in it and then rinse.  I use a conditioner that has cone in it, so I use a clarifying shampoo to get that out.
Secondly, I have been searching and destroying split ends on a weekly basis for about three weeks now.  It's awesome!  I even trimmed my hair with feye's system and no one could tell!
Thirdly and the best of all, I FINALLY purchased a boar bristle brush!  It is exellent.  I was hardly ever brushing my hair before to prevent split ends, but now I know that I can and not worry about it!

My hair is soft, shiny and healthier than ever!
Thanks guys, you're AWESOME!!
-Char

Replies:
Posted By: Katja
Date Posted: May 06 2005 at 6:45pm

That's great, Char.  Congratulations. 

I feel the same way about this board.  Before I joined, I thought I was taking better care of my hair but what I was really doing was damaging it more with my use of the hairdryer, a brush with plastic knobby bristles, and gunky cone products (without clarifying shampoo!). 

Since I joined and turned my routine around, my hair has grown a whole inch, which I can tell by the slightly darker roots from my last dye-job back in December.  Granted, I wasn't able to keep that inch due to a trim I got (which made me decide to start doing search & destroy), but the important thing is it grew that much in less than 2 months.  I'm looking forward to the future where I can actually keep and enjoy that faster growth.

-------------
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen

Date Posted: May 06 2005 at 7:09pm

Agreed!  I am sooo excited about this too, because my hair has grown half an inch in only three weeks.   About three years ago, I had a horrible hair accident.  It was about three or so inches past BSL and I loved it, but anyway, I was blowdrying it w/ a round brush and it got stuck!  Really bad.  We had just moved and were still living in a hotel, so we had no contacts as far as hair dressers go.  To make a long story short, the man at the salon worked on the knot for about twenty minutes and then decided he could not work the brush out of my hair the whole way.  He had to cut some portions up to my eyebrows, and I ended up getting it all chopped off to between chin and shoulder length.  Talk about TOTAL shock!!  On top of all that, he didn't even try to make it look cute w/ layering or anythin! 

I am so happy that it is almost to that length again!!  Just a few more months!  After that, I am going for waist length.

-Char

Date Posted: May 06 2005 at 7:19pm

Aww, that's terrible.  Mine used to get stuck like that; I'm glad it was never that bad though.

I had a horrible "accident" three years ago too: I cut my hair to my chin... never again!

Congrats again and happy growing!

-------------
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: May 08 2005 at 12:51pm
Hey Char, glad to hear your hair has improved since visiting this board (including use of the diluted shampoo method)!   Sorry to hear about your accident from several years ago.   I just trimmed the hair of a friend who endured a similar accident a couple of years ago - now it's all one-length again (and about mid-back).

-------------

Date Posted: May 09 2005 at 8:00pm

That's good to know! 

I don't think I can ever go shoulder-length again.  I know I will NOT put my hair through the blow dryer trauma or ever use a pesky plastic round brush again!  There are way better ways to style my hair and I have started recieving unexpected comments from some friends, too.  I tell them all what I am doing and I share this helpful site.

Thanks Again!

-Char

Posted By: strawberryfine
Date Posted: May 16 2005 at 4:09pm

I couldn't agree more about this site!

I don't get here as often as I would like, but for good advice, support,  comraderie and even comfort, especially comfort, this is where I come.

Thanks to Dave and others who make this site possible.

strawberryfine

-------------
strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"

Date Posted: May 19 2005 at 8:21pm
I don't get the time & energy to post here as often as I'd like, either.  Sometimes the real life is just a bit too much... Thanks to Karen, Jeff and others directly at the HB who make this amazing site possible.  

-------------

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 10:25am

Guys, I am sorry if this is redundant, but I cannot believe the amount my hair has grown recently!  6 1/2 inches since January!  That is 1.3 inches per MONTH!!  I am sooo overjoyed and had to share this news.  Today, I measured my hair and I had to triple check cause I really didn't think it was that long!  Thank AGAIN for all of you advice.

-Char

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 1:19pm
That is incredible, chgurlsng!    I used to know a woman whose thick and coarse straight hair grew 1" per month.  Really lucky.

-------------

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 1:34pm

That's AMAZING! Congratulations!

-------------
-Woody Allen

Print Page | Close Window