Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=30580
Printed Date: April 24 2024 at 6:06pm

Topic: I want to go back to my original colour
Posted By: ~Alison~
Subject: I want to go back to my original colour
Date Posted: May 09 2005 at 12:33pm
Hello, I have naturally light blonde hair and have been dying it at home auburn red for over a year.  I'm getting really fed up having to constantly re-colour it every month (red fades sooo quickly) but have no idea how to go back to my natural colour. can someone help?

Replies:
Posted By: irishroyal
Date Posted: May 09 2005 at 1:12pm
 The hardest pigment to get out is artificial pigments, especially red pigments, you'd need to use bleach + 20vol for the scalp and bleach with 30 or 40vol for the mid shfat & ends, it won't all come out but you could get it to an orange stage and then use a demi toner to tone it to a normal color, like use the Clairol Complements Demi- permanent 6Ash or 8Ash + the Color Prompter that goes with it to tone it to a neutral blonde. - Mags Kavanaugh ASKMAGS.COM

Posted By: Kalika
Date Posted: May 10 2005 at 10:04am

gah, NEVER bleacj out color, use a color remover first!  if you bleach over color it could re activate the dye.  Ive seen a girl bleach her hair black before.  Use a color remover, you can get them at a local beauty supply store like sallys.  THEN you can bleach it up, use a blue bleach to counter act the red. 

But in all honesty, your very likely to f*** up your hair.  go to a salon.

Posted By: eatgreenjello
Date Posted: May 10 2005 at 2:26pm
You could try to get highlights of your natural color, so when your hair grows out your original color should blend better with the red you've colored with.  I think a salon could help you do this with it looking the most natural.

-------------

**Hair type: 2a, which is wavy and fine.
**Color: Naturally dark brown, currently dyed reddish brown.
**Length: below shoulder length

Posted By: ~Alison~
Date Posted: May 10 2005 at 3:06pm

Cheers guys. I'll go to a salon and get it done proffessionaly.

thanks again xxx

Print Page | Close Window