Print Page | Close Window

Coconut Oil

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=30796
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 4:40am

Topic: Coconut Oil
Posted By: Kristine391
Subject: Coconut Oil
Date Posted: May 17 2005 at 4:59pm
I was just wondering if anyone regularly (as in almost every day) uses a solidified form of coconut oil (plus several other products mentioned below) on their scalp before washing, or any other form of oil on a regular basis on their scalp?  I take about 1 tbsp., liquify it in my hands and then massage it into my scalp and hair before washing every day.  Without doing this, my hair just seems to not have as much luster or be as manageable. 

I purchase it for just a couple of dollars (it's called Super Gro, comes in a small tub, and has Vitamin E, Sage, Sulphur, Coconut Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Soybean Oil and collagen).  Just curious if anyone has a similar routine or uses a similar product?

Kris

Replies:
Posted By: Renee
Date Posted: May 18 2005 at 9:39pm
i tried it, it made my hair oily and dry and made it crackle. i returned it and got the lighter version and experinced the same thing.......

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: May 19 2005 at 8:59pm
I am personally not a fan of coconut oil for the hair.  But some people love it.  You may want to try to cut back on the amount of oil you use.

-------------

Posted By: Kristine391
Date Posted: May 19 2005 at 10:38pm
It sounds as if there are not a whole lot of people who like to use this.  I also received similar responses with others I've asked, so I think I will cut back on the amount I use, and maybe use a lighter shampoo (the one I use is fairly strong and removes a lot of natural oils).

Kris

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 6:58am
I'm not sure what the sulphur and the collagen do in it, but if it works for your hair type, I'd stick with it. The rest of the ingredients sound just fine for hair.  We've all got different hair and yours just may like this product better than most peoples do.

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Kristine391 Kristine391 wrote:

... and maybe use a lighter shampoo (the one I use is fairly strong and removes a lot of natural oils).

Kris

Kris - have you considered diluting your shampoo?  I do, with beneficial results.  My scalp has been "trained" to put out less oil, and I only wash once a week.  I put about 1/2 ounce of shampoo in a clear or translucent plastic bottle (an empty shampoo bottle ) and add 5-6 ounces of warm water, stirred - not shaken (unlike James Bond's martinis).  Apply the diluted shampoo mix to the scalp and massage 'til sudsy.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window