Print Page | Close Window

which is better for my brittle dry hair?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=30866
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 4:36am

Topic: which is better for my brittle dry hair?
Posted By: Guitar123456
Subject: which is better for my brittle dry hair?
Date Posted: May 19 2005 at 9:28pm
Which will work better for my brittle dry damaged hair? the V05 hot oil shower works or the neutrogema triple moisture oil?

Replies:
Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 7:08am
You may just have to try them and see what works best for you.  People have different hair types and what works best for one may not work best for the next.  One way to do it is to use one on half your head and the other on the other half so you can compare.  (Or just try it on chunks of hair if you're worried it will be obvious). 

One thing you can try to make your brittle hair appear better is to use a heavy silicone conditioner. (..but then keep in mind that silicones don't work great for everyone. There's the chance they may frizz your hair etc.).  Silicone buildup can make your hair appear dull and break off over time though, so you would want to be sure to clarify your hair with a clarifying shampoo once in awhile to remove the buildup, then reapply your silicone conditioner.  Some heavy silicone conditioners are Redken All Soft, and Pantene.

Nothing you do is going to fix it, all this would do is make it appear better.  The only thing you can do to fix it is grow it out and don't damage the new growth with the same treatment.  Then treat the new growth with good oils (because the oils probably won't do as much for the damaged parts as they will benefit the virgin hair). 

Make sure in your experimentation with hot oils that you aren't getting them too hot.  The heat will just cause more damage.  Warm is okay though.

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Print Page | Close Window