Print Page | Close Window

Can u condition hair too much?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31158
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 4:27am

Topic: Can u condition hair too much?
Posted By: divinediva
Subject: Can u condition hair too much?
Date Posted: May 27 2005 at 4:54pm

I've really been looking after my hair for the past few weeks in a bid to get it looking healthy and long.  I've been doing hot oil treatments/ intensive conditioning treatment and using leave in conditioner daily.....is this too much conditioner for my hair and is there such a thing as over-conditioning the hair?

xx

-------------
It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/

Replies:
Posted By: GoldieLocks92
Date Posted: May 27 2005 at 5:00pm
Well, you're not over conditioning, but maybe over processing. Part of making your hair healthy is not showering so much as this may wear the hair down (conditioning excessivly can do this, too.)
I recomend you wash your hair less (I wash it about every other day while others only twice a week). And maybe do a special treatment for your hair about once a week to once a month.

-------------
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05

Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: May 27 2005 at 8:01pm
I agree with goldielocks about the washing.Washing your hair too much can definitely dry it out and cause it to be stressed.But Conditioning is a good thing.Just make sure your not using anything with silicone in it.Silicone is good every once and a great while but too much leaves a buildup .But conditioning with a weightless conditioner  is good.And even conditioning with a good deep conditioner.I know alot of the celebrity's put conditioner on their hair out of the shower leave it in a bit.And then wash it out.I do this cause I do alot to my hair so it tends to get extra dry.As soon as it retains its lost moisture I go back to washing with weightless conditioners alone.If your hair is ok(not dry) the extra conditioning is not a good idea.

-------------

Posted By: divinediva
Date Posted: May 29 2005 at 4:18am
thanx girlies....i'm gonna back of the conditioner for a bit and do nothing to my hair-meaning nothing as in not gonna wash it,style iy or anything for a few weeks and just give it a little break....my poor hair!!!!

-------------
It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/

Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: May 29 2005 at 10:17pm
i understand believe me.I just went back to my natural #4.While I had been living it up as a blonde(mostly) my hair had taken a beating.I didnt realize how bad it was til I dyed it back.It will be a long slow process to get it where it should be.I am going to let my hair just be natural too.No heat,chemicals,harsh shampoo etc..Its hard but I have to if I ever want to have long hair again.It seems like were in the same boat.I hate my hair this dark and short so I'm going to get clip ins while I'm waiting for it to grow out.That way it wont be as tempting to use heat styling when my hair isnt looking so hot.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window