Forum Name: Skin Care
Forum Description: Smooth techniques for beautiful & healthy skin
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31199
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 10:33pm

Topic: miss stretchy
Posted By: glorya_cam
Subject: miss stretchy
Date Posted: May 28 2005 at 10:36pm

i have hideous stretchmarks all over. i've had some of them way back from when i was about 15 or 16. i have the "white" kind...

what should i do? no...expensive surgery (if there is any) is out of the question...don't have the bucks for it.

help?

Replies:
Posted By: linz_legrand
Date Posted: June 28 2005 at 8:50pm
Hi

I have the white stretch marks too on the top of my thighs.  I have no idea where they came from because I'm not overweight at all, but my mom seems to think they're from 12 years of dance and stretching.  Anyways, I was looking for a way to make them go away the other day and one website I found recommended Vitamin K cream.  I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to.  I'm not sure if you can get it in stores or if you have to order it.  Thought I'd just pass it along!

Hope it helps!
- Linz

Posted By: Pokahontas
Date Posted: July 29 2005 at 10:17am

Shea butter is great for stretch marks. 

-------------

Posted By: ammonia
Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 6:53am
nothing can make them go away.. surgery can make them be less noticeable but they will still be around. sorry creams wont help. its in your genes =x

Posted By: Viktoria
Date Posted: August 08 2005 at 11:40am

Everyone gets stretchmarks - even men. I think they come from all that rapid growing in the teen years. Itīs natural and believe me, worse things will happen to the body, over the years.

Not being a mother myself, I have been very impressed with the cool way mothers deal with the consequences of childbearing. They seem to see every stretchmark and every extra pound and bump as a love-mark - a celebration to their child. I try to view my aging the same - as a celebration of the living I have done so far.

-------------
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.

Print Page | Close Window