Print Page | Close Window

RK Hair Products **PICS**

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31370
Printed Date: April 17 2024 at 11:37pm

Topic: RK Hair Products **PICS**
Posted By: amm
Subject: RK Hair Products **PICS**
Date Posted: June 02 2005 at 5:49pm
I don't want to call this a review, per se, cuz I haven't worn it (that's when we know how REALLY good it is). This is more of a "got the hair, here's what it looks & feels like" kinda post.

This hair is from http://rkhairproducts.com/ - http://rkhairproducts.com/ in India. It is the sister company of http://indianhairs.com/onlinestores.html - http://indianhairs.com/onlinestores.html , also from India.

I ordered the hair on May 29 so it got here in 4 days which is totally awesome.

I paid approx. $160USD for 1 lb (16 oz) & shipping was $40 (total out the door price of $200). I discovered in checkout that shipping was $40 for 4 oz and stayed $40 up to 1 lb. Maybe it's a flat shipping fee? I'm not sure.

I weighed the hair using a digital scale and the total was 1.03 lbs so I got what I paid for.

This is India hair, straight, double drawn in 26" length on a weft and was ordered in colors #14 & #22.

They do all the coloring themselves so I don't have to screw it up. #14 is what they call Dark Golden Blonde. It's more like a light golden blonde. They consider #22 to be "light ash brown" but there is nothing ash or brown about it. It is very blonde and close to #613, imo. Both colors have absolutely no ash quality and are very shiny in the sun with golden strands. No red and no brass tones at all. The ends caught a little more color and are somewhat dry. I will only have to trim about 1", though.

I found nits in the hair. I could only see them outside in very bright light. Very very few (I found 2 in one weft just on a quick look through) but something I will need to go through very well outside in good light and make sure they get removed. They're toast because of the processing but that's the drawback with this stuff.

The hair feels very good, actually. It's really soft and not crunchy when rubbed between the fingers. As far as I can tell, it's not hidden in a coating of anything. It seems completely natural. It by far feels better than hairpiece.com 901 in the same length. They're not even in the same league. And I think it feels better than the His & Her remy cuticle that I went through at their store that they sell for $300 per 4 oz. How this wears is another story but I would definitely put this on my head.

Has a very neutral to pleasant smell; neither chemical or perfume but something nice is lingering. It must be leftover shampoo and conditioner aroma.

Here's the pics.

It arrived in a box and each one is individally packaged in 4 oz bundles

Appears to be a nice strong machine weft. Straight, even threading. It does have shorty hairs folded over.

Full 26" length

Proof of double drawn. When the hair is bended at any length, there is no short hairs showing.

True color outside in sunlight

Just on looks, price, shipping, length, I would purchase this hair again over Extensions-Plus. This weight at EP would be over $800 + tax and shipping.

Any questions, fire away...

-------------
http://shrinkies.net - Extension Supplies & Virgin Brazilian Hair

Replies:
Posted By: Jenny_RR
Date Posted: June 02 2005 at 6:10pm
It looks *really* nice, AMM. And the price is amazing. I can't think of any decent HH that's that inexpensive. I'll be curious to hear how it wears. :)

Posted By: mochachip
Date Posted: June 02 2005 at 6:22pm
Wow,

Can you tell on the website the difference between the cuticle free and the remy.  it seems like it all leads to the same page for purchasing online....

Did you have to pay for the colouring?  It seemed like you would have to but again not the clearest website ever made...

can't wait to hear how it wears!

Posted By: sherrie215
Date Posted: June 02 2005 at 7:17pm
Wow Amm the hair looks very pretty and the prices are AMAZING. And 4 days shipping is great. I hope this hair holds up to the test. I may have to try that website out. I remember ages ago that that website was mentioned in a thread but nobody had ever tried it. I cant believe the prices....wow!

Posted By: AfroPuffs
Date Posted: June 02 2005 at 7:54pm

Hey amm, glad you finally decided to try them.

The shipping is just 40 bucks... I ordered 3 pounds from the indianhairs site and it was 40 bucks for shipping...

Date Posted: June 02 2005 at 8:04pm
AP - Cool. Did you just order or did you already get it? Have photos?

So, large orders, wefting, and coloring doesn't seem to add to the cost at all, does it? They have a button that says "coloring for $15 USD" but there was no extra charge on checkout. I didn't have to pay extra for the blonde colors at all.

Do they have a color ring, I wonder?

Does anyone know what the real difference is between the two sites? I don't have time to delve but it doesn't look like the two sites carry different products on a quick scan.

OH! They have pretipped stick hair for rings, shrinkies, fusion bonds --whatever your poison--, too. Now that's handy!

-------------

Posted By: Syren123
Date Posted: June 02 2005 at 9:13pm
It's beautiful! And the price is totally right! Did you get it for yourself or do you have another victim waiting?

Posted By: Gina E
Date Posted: June 02 2005 at 9:41pm

Wow...I really hope this hair turns out to be quaulity! Those prices are amazing...the way it should be for HH.

I have an install on Thurs....I'm half tempted to order the prebonds. I'm a little nervous of the unknown, though! I'll probably stick with EP this go around.

Posted By: AmethystKat
Date Posted: June 02 2005 at 10:20pm
nits??????

Date Posted: June 03 2005 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Syren123 Syren123 wrote:

Did you get it for yourself or do you have another victim waiting?

Two victims. One of whom just had the PH install I showed you guys. She doesn't like it. Someone told her it looked like a fall and she's never recovered from that. She wants human hair and fusion put back in so I have some more Cinderella ordered and this will be used as a bottom layer for added length.

Originally posted by AmethystKat AmethystKat wrote:

nits??????

Ayup. It's exactly what I expected coming from India. It's human hair so expectations have to be realistic. In a perfect world, a golden blonde would be pushing silk strands out her head like a pasta machine on crack. But for now, it's China and India that has the hh goods. Even EP Softwear comes out of China.

Here's some updated photos for those interested. I washed the hair and lo and behold, there's a wave hiding in there. I ordered the straight but this is Indian hair so I expected a little character from it as well.

Loma Peratin Hydrating Creme shampoo was squeezed through and Feria was left on for 10 minutes and squeezed out. It's pretty darn soft. The above photo is while the hair is still wet.

I put the blow dryer to it and POOF! It definitely needs to be tamed. Lots and lots of body in this stuff and the ends kind of looked like a broom. It was HUGE and poofy. I didn't like it one bit. Some product would be needed to keep that under control.

I trimmed an inch off the bottom to get rid of the dry ends.

The top section I used a curling iron and let the curl cool off the iron. The middle curl is letting it fall and gently combed through. The straight is with a flat iron. The braid is just to keep it out of the way.

-------------

Posted By: Kalika
Date Posted: June 03 2005 at 2:36am
the wet wave is beautiful

Posted By: Amanda8Beechwoo
Date Posted: June 03 2005 at 4:14am
That's a brill review Amm, lovely hair hope it works out xx

Posted By: broomeboy1023
Date Posted: June 03 2005 at 8:11am
amm thanx for giving everybody the info! i am going to order 300 22in pre tipped strands today from the same site. wish me luck! i'll post pics of the hair and my mom's before and after when we do it.

-------------
and god said let there be hair extensions.

Posted By: cafeaulaibeauty
Date Posted: June 05 2005 at 1:37pm

hello ladies!

Im new to this board but have been a member of BHM and an extensions wearer for many years. I noticed this thread on RK Products hair and thought that I would lend my opinion.

I ordered 20" Natural Straight black hair from RK Products and received the hair in 3 days. Upon receipt of the hair, the hair was soft, the texture simply beautiful.  Surprisingly there was not one nit in the hair. In addition, the hair has a very light pleasant clean smell.

Now, what everyone should be aware of is that despite the fact that the hair reads Natural Straight, the hair was far from it. Prior to me washing the hair, it has quite a few waves in it. I was expecting it to be quite a bit more straight than what it was. To give you an idea of how wavy the hair was, it was enough waves for me to flat iron the hair prior to my stylist putting it in. Not deep waves, but pretty soft waves.

After I washed the hair, however, it became CURLY. Not slightly curly, not a little curly, extremely CURLY. I washed the hair with biolage Ultra Hydrating Shampoo and the Biolage Ultra Hydrating Baln for the conditioner. I then rinsed, and used Sebastian Potion #9 on the hair. Finally, I put Paul Mitchell Foaming Pommade on the hair and allowed it to air dry.

At first I was taken aback by all the curls when I woke up the next morning and looked in the mirror. But, as I combed and mositurized the hair it was simply beautiful. i am extremely pleased with my purchase overall. And, for the absolutely GREAT PRICE of RK Products, you simply cannot beat the value. Never again will I spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on Nature Girl or EP when I can get quality beautiful hair for literally half the price!

Date Posted: June 05 2005 at 1:47pm
Good to hear cafe.

I jusr double checked the RK site since everyone has a different naming scheme for hair.

what they are offering now (from what I can tell) is 'straight' or 'weavy'

do you remember when you ordered what the classifications were?

'natural straight' makes my head imediately think of body wave.  but then again depending on what the options are listed as...

how did the curliness compare to amm's pics?

Date Posted: June 05 2005 at 2:02pm

I ordered 20" Natural Straight machine wefted. I wanted 16" but from what everyone indicated, I would have to cut a few inches off. Not true for my batch of hair. The ends were not frayed at all. Do you remember the cover of Elle with the picture of Alicia keys on it? Take a look at the ends of her hair. That is EXACTLY how my hair looked prior to me washing it. The classifications were the same. On the RK website there is an option for Natural Straight or Weavy. There is no way I (just a personal preference) would do the weavy/wavy just because I love the straighter hair. Compared to Amm's pics, my hair when shampooed and conditioned looked very similar. But when it was completely dry and i pulled the hair apart with my fingers, the hair was extremely extremly curly. HTH

Also, let me add that Ive had the hair in now for 2 weeks going on 3 weeks now. The hair has not tangled and the texture of it is a soft as ever. Shedding has not been an issue either.

Date Posted: June 05 2005 at 2:08pm
Welcome cafe!

Nice to hear someone else chime in with a good experience. Makes me feel like it wasn't just a fluke that I got some awesome hair.

I purchased four 4 oz bundles of "straight" and each one has the same texture. I only washed the one and the photo is above. The other 3 I haven't touched but I feel they probably have the same wave hiding in there. I would never order a wave or curly hair based on how much wave is in the straight.

My human hair opinions sway based on what I find (and that's always changing) but I, too, am more impressed with RK's hair and price over Extensions-Plus.

-------------

Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: June 05 2005 at 3:32pm
wow Thats really nice to know.Those prices are great.Thats why I like this board so much.If you arent sure about something chances are someone else has already tried it.I have been waiting for a review on this hair awhile.  when Are you going to put yours in amm?

-------------

Posted By: LuckieDuckies
Date Posted: June 05 2005 at 5:40pm
i have a question, what is color #24 supposed to be? i understand in this certain company the colors are a little off but does anyone know what its called normally? 

Date Posted: June 05 2005 at 7:13pm

Originally posted by amm amm wrote:

Do they have a color ring, I wonder?

Does anyone know what the real difference is between the two sites? I don't have time to delve but it doesn't look like the two sites carry different products on a quick scan.

Amm, I do remember one of the ladies on BHM saying that they had a color ring. If memory serves me correctly, she said one was available upon request....but dont quote me on that! I cant remember for sure but hey it wont hurt to ask! ive found their customer service to be superb.

The main difference between Indianhairs.com and Rk Products is the quantity and the coloring of the product. Indianhairs.com only offers hair by the pound. You have the option of both single or double drawn, straight/curly/etc.. all in natural dark colors, i.e. brown to black~and hand wefted or machine wefted.

RK Products offers the hair in the quantity of half a pound and you have the option to choose your specific color. With RK Products, you also have the benefit of choosing Natural Straight/wavy, etc, double or single drawn, and hand wefted or machine wefted.

I have yet to order any hair from the indianhairs.com side simply because Im too lazy to color the hair myself..lol..but quite a few ladies on BHM ordered hair from them and had rave reviews on it. Im very much in love with RK Products and at this point, I do NOT plan on changing anytime soon!

Date Posted: June 05 2005 at 10:56pm
there is a color ring on the site but instead of color ring it says coloring. it's $15.00 (usd) and it's at the bottom of the shopping page.

-------------

Date Posted: June 06 2005 at 6:00am
Ah....thats what that is! I wondered what that coloring $15.00 thingie meant!

Posted By: Chris H.
Date Posted: June 06 2005 at 10:17pm
I am so frustrated of course I just wrote this long response and forgot to hit POST REPLY! Arghhh! Anyways, Amm, that hair looks great and thanks for the great pic! I just recieved some hair from International Wigs. Has anyone dealt w/ them yet? Well, I just opened it I got 10 strands of #24. It was pretty sparce, but the tips were nice and plump. I ran my fingers through it there was already alot of shedding! I just got it to see what it was like (and I really just wanted a bunch of the false eyelashes!!!) Anyways, the also sent some extendtubes with it. Looks like about 50 med. brown ones. I'd like some input from you guys, also, I'm excited about the RK sight!!

Posted By: LuckieDuckies
Date Posted: June 06 2005 at 10:23pm
chris what color is #24?  is it a golden blonde thats what all the websites say but i just wanted to confirm

Date Posted: June 07 2005 at 12:25am
I should have another order of the RK hair in any day. I got the same colors as before (#14 & #22) and I also have the #8 (light brown) and #27 (strawberry blonde). I'll post the pics in this thread when they get here. If anyone likes what they see, let me know. I don't mind bulk ordering for everyone if they're leery of sending money overseas.

(edit: hope that didn't sound too swtcandy creepy) eek!

-------------

Date Posted: June 07 2005 at 12:36am
Lucky, it's definately a golden blonde, ALMOST on the verge of strawberry, but really mostly golden, but like I said, pretty sparce. I've never weighed hair, so maybe I should weigh it and see what it comes out to.
I don't even remember what I paid for it! It' wasn't too much.

Posted By: TanglesRC
Date Posted: June 07 2005 at 1:25am

hey amm,

do you happen to know the difference from their pre tipped hair- you can choose either nail or round for the tip- what is the difference

thanks

Date Posted: June 07 2005 at 2:30am
Hiya!

I personally have not seen either one of those hairs that they carry
but typically nail hair is for fusion. It looks just like half of a fingernail
but it's glue and it's ready to install with a fusion wand.

Stick hair is probably what they're calling "round." It's also known as
shoelace hair because the tips looks just like a shoelace tip. That's
like Hairlocs hair or the Softwear EZ Plugs. It's tipped and ready to
go in microrings or shrinkies. Stick hair usually is made with
something that doesn't transfer onto the hair during application.

-------------

Date Posted: June 07 2005 at 2:31am
Hey amm Id be interested in trying the RK hair if you place another order soon. I hate to pay $40 shipping for a small order!

Posted By: kateadreena
Date Posted: June 07 2005 at 12:52pm
ooo even with shipping it's still cheeper than that sensationnel crap! I'll have to try it when i have some spare pennies :D

Posted By: blondie718
Date Posted: June 07 2005 at 2:27pm
Hey amm perhapse i would also like to try the RK hair , how is
the hair when its washed and wet , does it get stringey and
break when combed when wet?

Posted By: krs523
Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 8:15am

I think I want to try the RK products, but what does the "structure" mean in the shopping cart?  Silicone or Keratin?  I'm looking at the round pre-tipped.  Has anyone gotten this yet?  Are the tipped pieces pretty substantial?  Thanks!

Kate

Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 9:45am
i ordered 300 pretipped strands last week. i havn't got them yeat but i'll post when i do! 

-------------

Posted By: Scotchyroo
Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 1:37pm

Hey Amm,  please keep us posted about that hair for the install.  Please Please Please. 

I really liked that PH install by the way.  My husband was also super impressed by her whole look. Does she still not like it or has she changed her mind?  I've found that my synthetic installees are freaked out by the shinyness at first but then love it after a week.

Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 4:28pm
Hey Amm i was loking over the site and notice that its sold by 2
packs , but i was wondering if they will sell one pack for half the
price , which would be 4oz?

Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 5:31pm
What I can do, once it all gets in, is take pictures of it and you guys can choose them in 4 oz sizes to start. Also, if you want 8 oz, you can mix and match so you can have a couple colors to blend. 8 oz of one solid color in this is a lot of hair.

Scotchy - she doesn't like any of it. She particularly doesn't like PH. She's said about a half dozen people have pointed out the shine and that it looks like fake hair. I disagree with that but she's the one wearing the hair so I'll put in whatever she wants. I'm bummed she doesn't like it.

blondie - well, this hair separates when it's wet just like the photo shows but once it's brushed, it all comes back together really nice. It's still on a weft so that has a lot to do with it, too. This hair has a LOT of body and when it's curled, it's absolutely stunning, imo.

I'll get the color ring and then post it all fanned out so everyone can see what they offer. I think it's a hell of a deal for double drawn that's already colored. They did a really good job with that, too, I think.

-------------

Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 7:08pm
I just ordered  some of the double drawn hand wefted yesterday.I'm really excited.Plus I have had alot of people bugging me about extensions lately cause it seems like I'm the only one around who knows anything.And I have alot to learn.I hope this hair works out for me cause some friends want me to make them some clip ins and since they are new to extensions they dont want to spend too much the first time around.Someone who specializes in different techniques like pinchbraids fusion bonded wefts,etc... should come down to indiana.It really is an untapped resource.Where I live right now I know women would pay top dollar to get extensions,just noone does it.

-------------

Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 8:57pm
ohhh??? Amm are you going to be offering the RK hair for sale?

Posted By: Kimbearly
Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 9:15pm
Beautiful hair Amm.  Now what are you going to do with all of the EP hair?  Not a hair junkie are you  - LOL.  Can't wait to see the new photos.

-------------

Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 9:44pm
hair junkie....I think I may know a few! And of course that wouldnt include myself! LOL

Posted By: Gina E
Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 10:30pm

Originally posted by sherrie215 sherrie215 wrote:

ohhh??? Amm are you going to be offering the RK hair for sale?

Yeah I thought I read(between the lines) that too! Wouldn't that be grand! One stop shopping! Hair, supplies, and soaps!

Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 10:38pm
I certainly have a stockpile of it, it seems. I have stuff from the far corners of the world --really wearable stuff, too-- and I enjoy acquiring more and more. Does that make it a problem?

I still have the EP hair. The girl who bought the Softwear on the weft decided to use fusion so I have that, too. I probably won't use it now.

Still waiting for the big order of RK. I can definitely part with it at 4 oz each for anyone who wants to try it and not commit to 8 oz and that shipping charge. I'll advise when it's in.

-------------

Date Posted: June 09 2005 at 5:47am
put me on the list amm....I most definitely want to try some!

Posted By: LauraR
Date Posted: June 09 2005 at 12:29pm
I would like to try some of the pre-tipped!

Posted By: zapevaj
Date Posted: June 09 2005 at 2:05pm
Jeez, even with the $40 shipping, that means that 18" double-drawn weft is $100 total, so $50 per bag. If this stuff wears as well as Bohyme, I could switch over and save my customers a bundle!

-Rae

Edit: Oh, and Amm, if it's not too much trouble, can I see a photo of that post-wash poofy texture?

-------------
http://www.hairalchemy.net - Hair Alchemy

Date Posted: June 09 2005 at 2:44pm
I cant wait to see the color ring haha i hope their 613 is also
very good , unlike many other places that have a 613 that
breaks and gets stringey AHHHHH

Date Posted: June 10 2005 at 12:13am

i just ordered the other day the 613 weft double drawn, i will be installing it in the weft in my hair, soon as i get it i will take pics and then document for you as well.

S

Date Posted: June 10 2005 at 5:38am
Tangles, can't wait to see it. I'd love to see more photos of this hair. I just spent some time over in the Black Hair Forum and I'm seeing a lot of nice reviews. *Not seeing good Extensions-Plus reviews at all on the Softwear...and underweight just like I reported on my weft. :(

Rae, I'll get some more photos for you. I've washed it a couple times now (takes FOREVER to naturally dry because it's so thick) and put it in velvet rollers the other day. I've never seen 4 oz make so much hair before.

I'm doing these super long shifts through Monday morning so it may not be right away but I can definitely take some more pics. I'll take another series starting with naturally dried and take it from there. Unless there's something special you want to see?

-------------

Date Posted: June 10 2005 at 1:32pm
Hey amm, if you are going to sell like a single pack 4oz, i was
wondering if it would be possible for me to get a 26inch #613
and a 22inch ? or would that be too complicated for you to get?
The hair looks really yummy haha even when its wet and
wavey , hope it holds up really good . Oh and TanglesRC how
is their 613? is it more on the golden side or ashy cool platinum
?

Date Posted: June 10 2005 at 7:11pm
I have a shipment of hair in that I'll unload but I'm not going to do request orders. I can write a chapter here on the problems I'd incur on my end. Plus, what if order and someone bugs out on me and I'm stuck with hair I can't use. What if I take all your money, something happens and the hair doesn't get here and then I have to duck away in shame with a swtcandy rep. Nooooooooooo thank you.

Here's what I have now:

24" straight double drawn (cut 2" off to get the ends really nice), colors are #8, #27, #14, #22. When wet, it's wavy like the photo in this thread. I weighed them and they're 4.0 oz each, one was 3.6. Price is $55 each and that includes shipping in the U.S. Third color from the right is #14 and is more peach toned than golden. Good for blending but I wouldn't wear it alone.

EDIT: THE BLONDE ON THE FAR RIGHT IS ALL SOLD NOW.

EDIT: THE BROWN ON THE FAR LEFT IS ALL SOLD NOW.

EDIT: #27 ALL SOLD NOW

-------------

Date Posted: June 10 2005 at 7:34pm
hey you haven't happened to buy a coloring that you xould show us a pic of have you?

I know you aren't taking orders but I'm just thinking about possibilities for me buying hair for myself.

Posted By: CyberMane
Date Posted: June 10 2005 at 11:12pm

Darn!  I wished I had known about this 2 weeks ago. 

I spent close to $150 including next day air for Extensions Plus software micro weft 2 oz. and the client hates it.  The client is going back to Bohyme {oh well- after I tried convincing her that EP hair tops Bohyme since that's what most the posts say}.  Shipping as promised did not arrive on delivery date and I paid for that next day air too. 

And with the Nature Girl folks, I'm still waiting for my samples that I sent $15 via PayPal like over a month ago.  They even forgot all about me.

Thanks girls, I will try that new company.  It's not so much on the hair but more on the hair company providing excellent customer service.  So you say, they are reliable, huh?  I hate to look stupid in front of a paying customer.

-Charlene

-------------
http://www.cybermane.com - CyberMane.com

Date Posted: June 10 2005 at 11:24pm
I may take the #8 and #27- need to check with my brunette HH client first. Will let you know.

As for photos- mostly just a washed-and-air-dried shot, when you get the time. Possibly also a washed-then-blowdried shot too, if you happen to be playing around with it.

-Rae

-------------

Date Posted: June 10 2005 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by CyberMane CyberMane wrote:

So you say, they are reliable, huh?  I hate to look stupid in front of a paying customer.

I just got my biggie order today. I like the hair but I have two issues.

#1 - The #14 hair is a shade different than the #14 I got on the last order.

#2 - I ordered 8 oz of 28" length because I wanted to trim a few inches and have a good, solid 26". I received the hair in 24" length even though they charged me for the longer one.

The hair feels marvelous, though. It's "cleaner" than the last order and I can tell that delicious wave is going to be there when the hair is washed.

Like anything, though, it may not be for everyone but the price is shweeeeeeet.

The #8 is really pretty but the color grabbed on the ends and is a little ashy. It's a good install for 20-22", though.

Mocha, I'll be ordering the color ring the next time around. Considering the differences in my two orders of #14, I think that ring may be more of a guide and not a for sure thing.

-------------

Date Posted: June 11 2005 at 1:18am

Oh definitely, I totally agree 1 POUND of hair for $160 bucks is shweeeeeeet.  Especially for clients who don't want to spend too much money.  No problem, I can dye the 'wrong' color and order longer lengths so I can save my ass.

Thanks for the update, Amm.

-------------

Date Posted: June 11 2005 at 2:09pm
Now I am totally pissed off with the Extensions Plus company.
They promised me shipment Friday {yesterday}- checked with
my neighbor and they did not send the hair- This is now the
second time. I hate reps who promise a certain date when I
am expected to tell my clients that the hair will arrive on that
promised date.

At least the Bohyme reps are more reliable and dependable-
and they don't even speak good english.
I learned my lesson

-------------

Date Posted: June 11 2005 at 3:16pm
Hey amm do you know if you are ever going to get another
order of the blonde color that is sold out now? if so i would be
intrested in purchasing a 4oz thanks !!!!!

Date Posted: June 11 2005 at 7:14pm
#22? Sure. I love that color. Both times I've ordered from them, it's so close to #613 that it may as well be #613. I was thinking about ordering some more next week along with that color ring.

I need to call them about that length they shorted me on. How does a person call India without getting charged through the nose? Isn't there a code or something to use beforehand?

Tangles, how is that #613? Is it all dry and crumbly on the ends? Is it a nice, even coloring that they did?

-------------

Posted By: Save~A~Stray
Date Posted: June 11 2005 at 9:03pm
The code I use for all my international calls is 1016868 before
every call. It saves me a bundle!! I call Britain 3-4 times a week,
which I couldn't do without using this code.

I've heard good things about the RK Indian hair. Love to know
how it holds up over time.

Date Posted: June 12 2005 at 7:17am
Thank you! I will use that on Monday and give them a call.

-------------

Posted By: elvira
Date Posted: June 12 2005 at 7:29am
If nobody has hi-hoseyed the brown, I'll take it off your hands. I could paypal you today.

Date Posted: June 13 2005 at 10:17am
Anyone have any post wash pictures?

Date Posted: June 13 2005 at 11:12am

this is amms picture form the first page of this post. 

-------------

Date Posted: June 13 2005 at 11:24am
i meant the dry poofyness, sorry x

Date Posted: June 13 2005 at 1:33pm
I'm not sure but i dont think it will get poofy unless blowdried.I am hoping at least.I havent had a chance to wash mine yet.It will probably require some taming.it has alot of volume.Sure is gorgeous hair though.

-------------

Date Posted: June 13 2005 at 2:08pm
i thought i read that when amm finished it with a hairdryer it went all poofy ? or am i confused hehe

Date Posted: June 14 2005 at 4:47am
It's flippin beautiful. I've washed it about 5 times now and no tangles. The last wash, I used Suave conditioner and it's still very soft. Yes, it gets Texas Hair Big when you blow dry it. Tons and tons of body in this.

Here's post wash, air dry & wide tooth combing...

Here's post wash, air dry & big barrel curling iron...

-------------

Date Posted: June 14 2005 at 5:54am

thats great! looks actually shinier now that you've washed it!

thanks a lot for posting that!

Date Posted: June 14 2005 at 8:15am
Amm, I would also really like some of the #22, too! Could that work? Tell me how to paypal ya! Thanks, Christina

Posted By: Koffee Brown
Date Posted: June 18 2005 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by cafeaulaibeauty cafeaulaibeauty wrote:

After I washed the hair, however, it became CURLY. Not slightly curly, not a little curly, extremely CURLY. I washed the hair with biolage Ultra Hydrating Shampoo and the Biolage Ultra Hydrating Baln for the conditioner. I then rinsed, and used Sebastian Potion #9 on the hair. Finally, I put Paul Mitchell Foaming Pommade on the hair and allowed it to air dry.

Wow Cafeau.. , u got curls out of the RK straight hair?? I may need to try some of those products u listed on the indianhair.com hair I have. Months ago, I ordered 3 lbs hair from indianhair.com (sister site to RK). I got 2 lbs natural curly and 1lb straight. I did notice that the straight got 'wavy' when i washed and air dried it . I loved that look. But my only complaint was that of the 8 bags of curly hair I got, I only had like 2 wefts that were truly the pretty Halle berry-spirally type curls (Eyes Watching God) . The rest were more loose curls /wavy look. Overall the indianhair.com hair was decent, I was impressed how it compared to NG, Bliss and Eplus. But not curly enough.  I'm thinking about doing another order with them tho to see if I have btr luck w/ curls, since I heard from others that the curly hair is hit or miss, with different curly textures being in the same shipment and maybe on same weft. Also wondering if the RK hair has more quality control as far as picking out curly patterns. Even tho I don't need colored hair (I wear 1B/2 colors), I might try RK just to see if I can get curlier . Does RK carry dark colors like 1B?
Thanks.

-------------
K-B

Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 2:56am

rk does carry dark, 1 and 1b- check out the color ring i posted

ps- the 613 is a beautiful color and i dont really see any ash. the color is even all the way to the ends, however the ends are needing a bit of a trim. i will do a install of two wefts in my hair this week and i will post pics asap,

cant wait to have it in my head to try it out!

-------------
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...

Posted By: marie87
Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 6:07am
Is this hair cuticle free or still in tack? If someone has a ring do they have a dark red brown like a level 2 with lots of red ( for client).

Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 8:37am
Thats a good question Marie. Im not sure if its cuticle free or remy? The single drawn says its remy but the double drawn does not say one way or the other. Im gonna look around their site a little more to see if I can find the answers.

Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 8:38am
Koffee: I got the hair in black from RK Products. Yes the batch of hair I have gets extremely curly when I wash it. I was so upset when I first washed the hair because I couldnt believe how curly it got. But then, I loved it. Im extremely pleased with the hair. Ive never ever blow dried this hair because I coiuld imagine it being  a poufy mess if I did. I ALWAYS LET IT AIR DRY. When it does, it comes out simply beautiful.

Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 8:42am

An update of how the hair holds up over time:

At this point I have had the RK Products hair in since May 21st. It is simply exquisite. I have absolutely NO COMPLAINTS. I have had no tangles, virtually no shedding, and the hair is as manageable as it was the first time I had it put in.

Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 8:51am

Thats great to hear cafeu.....I have 2 bundles of the #22 sitting here I cant wait to try. I wonder how the light colors will hold up with wear?

I cannot believe how much hair comes out of that little package! I sprayed one down with my water spritz bottle and let it airdry overnight last night....OHMYGOD the volume! And the gorgeous wave....WOW.

I couldnt find the answer to the remy question. Im not sure if the double drawn is remy or cuticle free??

Posted By: marie87
Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 10:19am

I got the answer http://www.rkhairproducts.com - www.rkhairproducts.com

Ok now it's right !! The last link to that site wouldn't show you there other products this one let's you get to the virgin hair and cuticle free hair. I for got to put the word hair in the frist time Ha Ha Ha

Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 10:48am

LOL....marie??

Posted By: Izabella120578
Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 12:38pm

That's what I've asked for. Single drawn=remy, but double drawn= non remy? I cannot find an answer on the site...

Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 1:24pm
Hello is anyone going to be getting some more hair in a color
22 or 613 from rkhair? I was wondering if i could purchase on
pack from you if you do since im unable to use credit card
online or to another country :-( so does anyone like tangles or
amm have one pack of either colors that you will not be using?
thnks

Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 4:12pm

Shel, there has been a whole LOT of confusion among many regarding single/double drawn hair. On BHM, one of the many very resourceful ladies found a great article.

Single Drawn Hair (aka Cuticle Hair, Virgin Hair, Remy Hair): A bundle of hair, no matter its origin or grade that appears like a ponytail because all the short lengths of regrowth hair are kept in the bundle. Many a novice buyer thinks the shorter lengths are split ends. Different manufacturers sell bundles of hair in single drawn form, but sometimes split the percentage of short hair and sell at a higher rate. They may decide to take out perhaps 50% of the shortest lengths and leave the rest in the bundle.

Advantages: High Availability, High Quality and Low Manufacturing Cost.  Single Drawn Remy hair is much easier to process the cuticles than Double Drawn Non-Remy hair because it requires less chemicals and processing time. This leads to a higher quality type of hair. The shorter lengths make the bundles appear tapered, therefore more natural. (Many prefer this type of hair. For example, one famous actress insisted that her wig be made with single drawn hair because the shorter lengths give it the perfect look.)

Disadvantages: High Manufacturing Cost. The ratio of short hairs to longer hair within a bundle is usually greater, which causes a high amount of loss and waste. The manufacturer must purchase higher quantities to account for the wastage.

Double Drawn Hair (aka Non-Cuticle Hair, Processed Hair, Non-Remy Hair): A bundle of hair, no matter its origin or grade that is all one length. There are no shorter lengths of hair present, which creates a very smooth and polished look. Due to expense and availability with Remy hair, Non-Remy Processed hair is usually sold double drawn. The term refers to a mechanical process that draws out all the shorter lengths from a bundle, and then draws again to realign the top of the bundle.

Advantages: High Quality for Remy Hair, Low Cost and High Availability for Non-Remy Hair. One length creates a seamless silky curtain of hair that looks picture perfect. It gives the illusion of very healthy hair that has never suffered normal wear and tear.

Disadvantages: High Cost and Low Availability for Remy Hair. Hair grows and breaks and regrows so that a natural head of hair contains several different lengths of hair. When a ponytail of hair is donated or sold, the bundle tapers down to a point. If the bundle is 18” in length and you draw out only the strands that are 18”, you are left with only a few strands of hair that represent maybe 10-15% of the bundle. The rest of the bundle contains the shorter regrowth hair.  It would take 10 kilos of single drawn 18” hair to make 1 kilo of double drawn 18” hair. This makes it very expensive and undesirable for the manufacturer who is now left with 9 kilos of shorter hair. It is much more cost effective to offer double drawn non-remy hair, but the blunt one length look makes the hair appear synthetic.

Common Use: From Non-Remy hair: Low cost, off the shelf hairpieces and wigs. From Remy hair: High priced custom wigs and hairpieces.

Remy Hair (aka Cuticle Hair): Hair that was carefully bundled at the roots from the moment it is cut from donor and maintained throughout production – the cuticles run in same direction. This hair is usually processed to non-cuticle, but the root direction is maintained.

Advantages: Low Hair Manufacturing Cost, High Quality. The cuticles are not always removed for remy hair, therefore lowering productions costs and time. If the cuticles are processed, it is much easier than non-remy hair due to less chemicals and processing time. The reduced chemical processing reduces the level of damage that leads to a relatively higher percentage of moisture, as opposed to other types of chemically treated hair. This prevents the straw-like appearance that happens with processed non-remy hair within the first few months.

Disadvantages: High Cost, Low Availability and High Hair Manufacturing Costs. For unknown reasons, the temples that collect the hair do not take care to keep the roots and ends sorted correctly; therefore the resource of non-remy is much more than remy hair. Remy hair with cuticles require smaller batches and careful processing during production to avoid matting and tangling the hair during bath circulations.

Common Use: High Quality, custom-made hairpieces, wigs and hair extensions. (Our lab tests on many hairpieces submitted to us by customers have shown that the units were actually made with non-cuticle non-remy hair, although they were told that it was remy hair.)

Non-Remy Hair (aka Non-Cuticle Hair, Processed Hair, Asian Hair): Hair that was cut and collected from the floor so that roots and ends are mixed. To solve the inevitable tangling, the cuticles must be chemically removed. Non-Remy hair is sold in Double Drawn form.

Advantages: Low Cost. The reasons factories in the Orient prefer to buy this type of hair are for two reasons: 1) It is much cheaper than Remy hair, 2) you can bleach and dye several kilos of hair in one batch without worrying about matting during circulation, thereby lowering the manufacturing costs significantly.

Disadvantages: Low Quality. The hair must undergo heavy chemical processes to remove cuticles. As a result the hair becomes very dry over a short period of time. The proceeding bleaching and dyeing reduces the diameter of the hair, creates dry course hair that eventually splits and cracks along the fiber. The tips are already vulnerable naturally due to years of growth and weathering. In Non-Remy hair the tips are running both directions so the entire bundle suffers split ends and breakage. There is also uneven distribution of fiber thickness since some roots are at the top and some at the bottom of the bundle, which makes it resistant to combing.

Common Use: Medium to low priced hairpieces, wigs and extensions.

Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 5:11pm

Hi;

When I have my wigmakers make a custom wig from ponytails, I find that these 'Single drawn' hairs look more natural and faster to cut- whereas the stock human hair 'double drawn' wigs have to be thinned out many times just to achieve that natural 'growing from their own scalp look'.

So either way, I have to cut and debulk ounces and ounces of the double drawn hair just to get that natural look.  Call it wasting hair money but a natural look is more appealing for my clients.  Plus that is what they want.  But in the single drawn, I just trim and cut like doing a regular hair cut.

Whatever will make them happy, right?

Charlene

-------------

Posted By: FinaFina
Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 7:51pm

Cybermane: That is a very interesting point. I have been working with the Double Drawn and thinking that really it has to be specially cut to give it a more natural look. However I was afraid of the single drawn, i.e. that it would just look too "scraggly". Thanks for making that point. I've never ordered the single drawn, but I'm wondering, if, for example, Bohyme is single drawn? It seems to have a "tapered down" look to it right off the weft.

Amm - your hair pics here are STUNNING. Thanks for all the info.

Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 8:15pm
Blondie, I will have a spare pack of 16" #22 from RK hair.

-------------

Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 8:15pm

Originally posted by FinaFina FinaFina wrote:

I've never ordered the single drawn, but I'm wondering, if, for example, Bohyme is single drawn? It seems to have a "tapered down" look to it right off the weft.

Hi FinaFina!

mmm... looks double to me.  I buy the handtied ones.  I don't need to cut too much when I do a weave.  But when I do pretips, I have to really, really cut doing a lot of twist texturizing with my scissors, my thinning shears and my razor so I can blend it really good with the client's hair.

-------------

Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 8:59pm
Oh thanks zapevaj so much but i was looking for something
actually longer than 18 inches    since my real hairs around
15 and i want the really long look thanks soo much tho

Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 10:38pm
I have 2 packs of #14 in 24" and 2 packs of #27 in 24". The #27 is more of a dark golden blonde.

Together, they'd get a Gabrielle Reece type combo --

http://www.the-alist.org/GabrielleReece/bg2.jpg - http://www.the-alist.org/GabrielleReece/bg2.jpg

http://www.navalur.com/album/cuerpos/reece_01/09.jpg - http://www.navalur.com/album/cuerpos/reece_01/09.jpg

Man, I would kill to look like her.

-------------

Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 10:48pm
Amm Id be interested in a package of the 14 or 27....just not sure which color would work the best for me. I like the lowlights I have in my hair which is #26 honey blonde from the Korean hair co. Its just a shade lighter than a typical #27. What do ya think?

Date Posted: June 20 2005 at 6:38am
Zapevaj: I'll take that 16" #22. . .- Fina

Posted By: sophieMe
Date Posted: June 20 2005 at 7:48am

Cybermane:

>>whereas the stock human hair 'double drawn' wigs have to be thinned out many times just to achieve that natural 'growing from their own scalp look'.>>

Great point. A few of my friends usually just buy single drawn a few inches longer and then cut the split ends so that it looks 100% natural.

Sophie

Date Posted: June 20 2005 at 9:31am

Hey Amm,

I'll take a pack of the #27. I assume it's the color you posted earlier in this thread? THANKS! - Fina

Date Posted: June 20 2005 at 2:14pm
Has anyone received both the rk hair and the fina hair yet?

and am I crazy or is it possible to have double drawn remy, just not as likely to find at affordable prices?

I forgot to bring a sample with me again today to look at under a microscope.  though I did look at my own hair and either the resolution is poor for what I need to see or my natural hair doesn't have a lot of cuticle left...

Date Posted: June 20 2005 at 2:17pm

the weft i bought from rk said it was double drawn, now i looked at it and held it up and there were all different lengths in it, i am going to install some of it in my hair to test it this week.

i really dont know if its truly double drawn

-------------
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...

Date Posted: June 20 2005 at 6:12pm
I've got several bags of bulk that came today- it feels like really nice hair. I also played with it a bunch and I can't see too many shorter hairs. If I folded it and shook it a bunch a few hairs that were an inch or two shorter would show, but nothing past that. Definitely not the bunches of spiky shorties that you get from BSS hair.

Oh, also: I just played around witht he shoppng cart, and it looks like the price of shipping doesn't go up if you add more hair. This would make sense, since I received my RK hair in a big UPS bag that I imagine wouldn't cost any more to throw more hair into. So if you're a hair professional, it makes sense to do all your orders together and save on shipping- not to mention that someone could very easily make some mad cash by purchasing large amounts of RK hair, only paying $40 shipping for like 8 pounds of it, and re-sell it to the willing public for a profit on their side and a savings on the customer's side.

-Rae

-------------

Date Posted: June 20 2005 at 6:26pm
Hi Mocha
The hair I sent you *is* double drawn Remy. Also, I have both "my" hair and the RK hair in hand. I'll play with them both in a bit and give you my thoughts. . .

Date Posted: June 20 2005 at 6:39pm
I didn't mean anyting by it Fina.  But there is that post at the top with the bit on single drawn vs double drawn and...

I'm so not joking about looking at the hair under a microscope.  Not cause I don't believe you but cause we should double check these suppliers that they aren't screwing with us.

Date Posted: June 20 2005 at 6:43pm
Word. That would be really cool. Can't argue with real science, after all.

-------------

Date Posted: June 20 2005 at 7:00pm
I have a color ring now of RK hair if anyone needs some specific colors up close. The several shades of reds are really pretty. The "fun" colors are odd. They have one called "Bug." oooooooooooo-k.

So I just got in my latest order from RK. Wow! This is the 28" hair they were supposed to send me the last time but they shorted me. They upgraded this order and instead of 26", they gave me two extra packs of 28" but actual length is 29". This is the stuff I'm keeping. The weights are light on all of them at 3.5 oz each. Hmmm. :/

I can't believe the silkyness of this batch. It's like Panteen hair as it just glides over my hand. I don't even think a pic can do it justice but here's some for you guys.

Two batches of #12 on the left & middle, #27 on the right

#12 on top, #27 on bottom

Blonde with developer - stand back!

Want to see what an amateur does with powder bleach and 40 vol developer? It can actually stand up by itself. It crumbles to dust if I rub it together. Heh heh.

I still have some #14 available in 24" if anyone wants it.

edit: oops. sherrie, I almost forgot... #27 is on top and the #14 is the lower one.

-------------

Posted By: Playful_Tigger
Date Posted: June 20 2005 at 7:11pm
WOOO HOOO.. I just got my hair today.. I think I am excited but not sure.. Because I have never bought human hair I have nothing to compair it to.. LOL.. Ok but now that I have it how do I look for bugs..  LOL or nits or whatever they are .. I ordered #6 and # 4 if anyone wants pictures I can take some.. They seem like they will blend together great.. Oh ya how do I do that and everything else I need to do.. Ok maybe now I am not so excited more scared.. LOL

Date Posted: June 20 2005 at 7:15pm
Okay I want pics of the #4.

And you can go to photobucket.com for picture hosting (it's pretty self explanatory)  then you click on the picture of a tree here to load int he url of your pic (which is listed on your photobucket page).

GO GO GO!

or something. 

Print Page | Close Window