Forum Name: Curly Hair
Forum Description: Curly Heads Unite & Talk About Curls
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31387
Printed Date: May 06 2024 at 9:32am

Topic: Interracial Curly Hair
Posted By: Blended Beauty
Subject: Interracial Curly Hair
Date Posted: June 03 2005 at 11:20am

Hi I'm half black and half white. My curly hair is not quite the same as most. Is anyone else here interracial?

Stacey

Replies:
Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: June 03 2005 at 9:12pm
<edit>

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Posted By: Sweetcandicurlz
Date Posted: June 03 2005 at 9:14pm
Hi. I am also interracial. I am half hispanic and half black, and yes our hair is different from most people. And sometimes it's hard to chose just the right hair products too.Well, I just thought I would reply.

Candice

-------------
I love chocolate and monkeys!!I'm the sweetest peanutbutter cup chica you'll ever want to meet! love, hugs, and kisses.

Posted By: Layla
Date Posted: June 04 2005 at 7:51am
I'm half black and half??? My hair is the same as most though.

-------------
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Date Posted: June 04 2005 at 8:07am

When I made it a sticky, it was a quite decision. I wanted interracials to see I guess.

I'm wondering how many on doing that new 'no poo' thing. Not using shampoo and either using a cleansing conditioner or clay mask.

Stace

Date Posted: June 04 2005 at 2:04pm
I do conditioner only, and I've been doing it for more than a year.

-------------

Date Posted: June 04 2005 at 2:43pm
Do you use anything to remove build up like a mud mask or a cleansing rinse/conditioner?

Posted By: eatgreenjello
Date Posted: June 06 2005 at 11:44am

I wouldn't let that mud mask go near your pretty head of hair!  Clay is a drying and absorbent substance that will chip away at your cuticle as it dries.

A good vinegar rinse or a gentle clarifying shampoo is your best bet to get rid of buildup.

-------------

**Hair type: 2a, which is wavy and fine.
**Color: Naturally dark brown, currently dyed reddish brown.
**Length: below shoulder length

Date Posted: June 12 2005 at 11:14pm
Well, I just use you know, regular moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Don't know if I would like the feeling of not being able to wash my hair. But it sounds interesting about those cleansing conditioners.

-------------
I love chocolate and monkeys!!I'm the sweetest peanutbutter cup chica you'll ever want to meet! love, hugs, and kisses.

Date Posted: June 13 2005 at 8:01am
The mud mask I use doesn't dry because it has glycerin and other things in it. It only half drys but stays soft. It leaves a soft velvety feal.

Date Posted: June 13 2005 at 1:45pm
The only product I use that can build up is Pantene, which contain silicones. I at least weekly do a rinse of 1/2 cup vinegar in a quart of water before washing to prevent buildup.

-------------

Posted By: Pokahontas
Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 8:29am
I am not interracial, but you don't have to be in order to have curly hair.  So what do you mean when you say your hair is not the same as most, if you dont mind me asking?  I know some really good curl products that work for me but I'm not interracial so I don't know if you'd be interested, but if you are just let me know.

-------------

Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 9:15am

I didn't mean only interracials have curly hair. It's a certain type of curly hair. It's not the same as normal curly hair usually. You'd have to be mixed to know what I mean.

I was just wondering who's out there doing the no poo thing.  Most people use vinigar and I'm wondering if anyone has tried witch hazel.

Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Blended Beauty Blended Beauty wrote:

I didn't mean only interracials have curly hair. It's a certain type of curly hair. It's not the same as normal curly hair usually. You'd have to be mixed to know what I mean.

I was just wondering who's out there doing the no poo thing.  Most people use vinigar and I'm wondering if anyone has tried witch hazel.

Ok, well I guess I'm out. Sorry I couldn't help. Actually I am mixed, just not half and half. My hair is just curly, wouldn't know if it's normal or not.

Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 9:52am
Pokahontas said "I am mixed, just not half and half.", first u said u are not interacial, now u say u are mixed but not half and half. What do u mean i'm a littled confused. If u don't mind, let us know what u mean. thanks

-------------

Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 10:16am

Hair like mine is really dry and frizzy like afro hair but looser obviously and the curls are like cork screws. But I also can only comb it in the shower with conditioner in it and if I don't put a leave -in cream in it, it will be a giant puff afro. It's not sleak and silky like a lot of normal type curly hair.  If you look at this page I am a CB.7 and I wish I was a CB.1

http://www.blended-beauty.com/Biracial_Hair_Types.html - http://www.blended-beauty.com/Biracial_Hair_Types.html

Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 10:41am

Originally posted by Sweetcandicurlz Sweetcandicurlz wrote:

Pokahontas said "I am mixed, just not half and half.", first u said u are not interacial, now u say u are mixed but not half and half. What do u mean i'm a littled confused. If u don't mind, let us know what u mean. thanks

Means I have other races in my family bloodline.  I guess in my view everyone (speaking for black people) is mixed with something because none of our roots are fully african so I consider myself black but I do have Native American and Caucasian in my family also. As far as me saying I'm mixed, yes I am but I'm not interracial which to me means having two parents of totally different races, which I do not have. Sorry for confusion, hope that helped.

Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 10:53am

Hair like mine is really dry and frizzy like afro hair but looser obviously and the curls are like cork screws. But I also can only comb it in the shower with conditioner in it and if I don't put a leave -in cream in it, it will be a giant puff afro. It's not sleak and silky like a lot of normal type curly hair.  If you look at this page I am a CB.7 and I wish I was a CB.1

http://www.blended-beauty.com/Biracial_Hair_Types.html - http://www.blended-beauty.com/Biracial_Hair_Types.html

Ok, that's interesting.  I've never seen a hair type chart like that.  I hope this dosen't sound dumb but I really don't know, is that chart only for biracial people?  http://naturallycurly2.com/curl411/types.php - http://naturallycurly2.com/curl411/types.php  <----This is where I got mine from.  I didn't know they had a different one.

Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:00am

That one is too general and skips so many types that people have to say I'm inbetween this and that. The one I posted is for anyone who has the type of hair that is in that range. It's an add on to the old one. I don't know how that old typing system can jump from 2B to 2C like that. They are missing a huge number of people. I think its an ignorant chart.

Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:01am

I mean 3B to 3C

Posted By: cmesweet
Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:08am

There are people who ARE interracial that don't have your hair texture and there people who Aren't interracial and do have your hair texture. Once you get over that, you can fully explain your texture because not many people will be able to determine 3b and 3c and then you can post and get great info.

For instance..my cousins are interracial but their hair texture is no where in the 3's they are in the 4's and i have non interracial cousins who hair is in the 3's

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:13am
I never said that other mixed people can't have other types of hair. I only spoke about my type and tried to explain it.  I don't have to get over anything. I specifically said that the chart is for ANYONE who has that type of hair,not just biracials. I know all about hair and I know that mixed hair comes in all different textures. I was asked about mine. Not others.  I showed the chart so that I could show what my hair was. That is all. I don't know why you attack.

Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:46am

That one is too general and skips so many types that people have to say I'm inbetween this and that. The one I posted is for anyone who has the type of hair that is in that range. It's an add on to the old one. I don't know how that old typing system can jump from 2B to 2C like that. They are missing a huge number of people. I think its an ignorant chart.

I wouldn't say ignorant but they are making big jumps.  Not everyone knows about the other chart.  Well, I didn't.  Now I know.

Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:49am
Yeah it's new. It's an add on to the old one. It just completes it I guess.

Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 5:41pm

Noone attacked you just assisting others who don't know that no matters what someone is mixed with...they may have different hair texture.

Go jump on someone else!

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 5:43pm
I wasn't jumping. Why did you tell me to get over it. That was the jump.

Posted By: Bryan
Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 7:10pm
im not going to tell you what my race is, because it doesnt matter. but what i do know is that i have been following ekatherines conditioner only routine, and it tamed my curly hair (thanks gurl). my hair is naturally a 3b1 according to blended beauty's chart. my hair used to get puffy and frizzy (much like you described stacie) but thanks to this co routine, my curls are soft and beautiful, and they organize into nice ringlets without products. what i do daily in the shower:
1.) cleanse with suave daily clarifying conditioner
2.) moisturize with biolage conditioning balm (left on for 3 minutes)
3.) moisturize with pantene's deep treatment for colored hair (left on     for one minute)
 as a leave in after the shower i use avon naturals moisturizing conditioner (exact name: poppy flower and almond milk moisturizing conditioner for dry or color treated hair) which i have "spiked" with 2 tbls of evoo
once a week i use a clarifying rinse similar to what ekatherine prescribed earlier.

hth stacie

-------------
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)

Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 7:14pm
I'm so glad it's worked for you. I discovered Suave Daily Clarifying Conditioner on my own, but it's become very popular as the cleansing conditioner to use.

-------------

Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 7:50pm
Hi, what does hth mean? (sorry)

Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 7:51pm
hope that helped. sorry, i forget sometimes that not everyone is fluent in instant messenger speak

-------------
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)

Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 7:54pm
okydoky

Posted By: afrolatina
Date Posted: July 07 2005 at 4:56pm

Blended - Have you tried the Curls line (available thru naturallycurly.com and curls.biz).  This is a line of products that was created specifically with bi/multi racial hair in mind.  The owner, founder is bi-racial.

Your hair sounds like it would be gorgeous with the right products.  I think I understand what you mean by the type of hair that you describe and have friends who are bi-racial (quite common where I live).  My niece is not bi-racial but has hair that sounds similar to yours (sort of).  When wet it is to her waist, but when dry shrinks to mid back, more frizzy / waves than curly.  If she bounces around (very active kid) it becomes Diana Ross like.  Her roots are completely straight. At the very front, she gets this fuzzy halo :)

With anyone’s hair, there are products out there that will work and give you the results you desire.  But, most of the time, it's trial and error until you find one that works for you.  Since your hair is curly (forget ethnicity) it requires moisture (a good conditioner) and the right combo of leave in conditioner / styling products (like a glosser, curly pudding or hair mayo) to bring out and preserve the curl. 

If I were you, I would focus more on the naturallycurly.com.   There is tons more info, product reviews and advice specific to your hair type.  Also, beware of using products with too many harsh chemicals in them.  This can be especially drying and make the frizzy-fro thing even worse.  Look for products that have more natural ingredients, botanicals and essential oils in them. 

Also, it wouldn't hurt to be more open to advice from those who have and love their curly hair, such as Pokahontas.  They may or may not be mixed but their hair may be more silimiar to yours than you care to think.

Good luck!

Date Posted: July 07 2005 at 6:25pm
No one said get over it...I said once you get over the situation/issue or topic. But as I have read other posts on the board I see your recieved assistance. I am not one for arguments sooooo, I hope you got the info you needed.

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Date Posted: July 08 2005 at 9:45am
Originally posted by afrolatina afrolatina wrote:

Blended - Have you tried the Curls line (available thru naturallycurly.com and curls.biz).  This is a line of products that was created specifically with bi/multi racial hair in mind.  The owner, founder is bi-racial.

Your hair sounds like it would be gorgeous with the right products.  I think I understand what you mean by the type of hair that you describe and have friends who are bi-racial (quite common where I live).  My niece is not bi-racial but has hair that sounds similar to yours (sort of).  When wet it is to her waist, but when dry shrinks to mid back, more frizzy / waves than curly.  If she bounces around (very active kid) it becomes Diana Ross like.  Her roots are completely straight. At the very front, she gets this fuzzy halo :)

With anyone’s hair, there are products out there that will work and give you the results you desire.  But, most of the time, it's trial and error until you find one that works for you.  Since your hair is curly (forget ethnicity) it requires moisture (a good conditioner) and the right combo of leave in conditioner / styling products (like a glosser, curly pudding or hair mayo) to bring out and preserve the curl. 

If I were you, I would focus more on the naturallycurly.com.   There is tons more info, product reviews and advice specific to your hair type.  Also, beware of using products with too many harsh chemicals in them.  This can be especially drying and make the frizzy-fro thing even worse.  Look for products that have more natural ingredients, botanicals and essential oils in them. 

Also, it wouldn't hurt to be more open to advice from those who have and love their curly hair, such as Pokahontas.  They may or may not be mixed but their hair may be more silimiar to yours than you care to think.

Good luck!

Thanks afrolatina.  That's exactaly what I was trying to say but some people are more focused on race than the hair texture itself.  Curly hair is just that....curly hair.  Like u said, forget ethnicity. 

-------------

Date Posted: July 08 2005 at 11:41am

I appreciate everything you are saying. I was just wondering the certain questions I asked. I actually have my own line of hair products for the range of interracial hair. It is not quite similar to curls. I have formulated them differently. I know a lot about hair, genetics and chemistry. I have two science degrees. Really I just wanted to know what people are doing to achieve the effects they want.  Where I'm from people are very open and talking about race. I didn't think it would be a big deal.

Thanks for the help

Stacey

Date Posted: July 08 2005 at 1:44pm

Several people in this thread have offered very good advice. 

However, Stacey, I think that the whole bi/multi racial spin in your posts specifically overshadows any of the curly hair advice offered, which is sad because this is a curly hair forum.

You say that where you are from people are comfortable discussing race.  Again, this is the wrong forum for that.  And in any case, you have rejected other’s input simply because they are not the same mix as you or on the basis that they did not fit your definition of “bi-racial” or “inter-racial”.   Kind of a contradictory and a very odd way to promote your products by ostracizing those very people who might be more inclined to try them.  Just goes to show you that book smart and people skills don’t necessarily go hand-in-hand.  Hope your products are good enough to sell themselves. 

Me, I’ll continue to purchase products for the curlies in my life from other sources such as Curls.biz.  Ask the founder for hair advice and she never even thinks to ask about one’s ethnicity.  Just asks them to describe their hair challenges so she can help find a solution. 

Good luck and hope you find more people that fit your criteria to conduct your research. 

Date Posted: July 08 2005 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by afrolatina afrolatina wrote:

Several people in this thread have offered very good advice. 

However, Stacey, I think that the whole bi/multi racial spin in your posts specifically overshadows any of the curly hair advice offered, which is sad because this is a curly hair forum.

You say that where you are from people are comfortable discussing race.  Again, this is the wrong forum for that.  And in any case, you have rejected other’s input simply because they are not the same mix as you or on the basis that they did not fit your definition of “bi-racial” or “inter-racial”.   Kind of a contradictory and a very odd way to promote your products by ostracizing those very people who might be more inclined to try them.  Just goes to show you that book smart and people skills don’t necessarily go hand-in-hand.  Hope your products are good enough to sell themselves. 

Me, I’ll continue to purchase products for the curlies in my life from other sources such as Curls.biz.  Ask the founder for hair advice and she never even thinks to ask about one’s ethnicity.  Just asks them to describe their hair challenges so she can help find a solution. 

Good luck and hope you find more people that fit your criteria to conduct your research. 

Exactly! Very well put!

Date Posted: July 08 2005 at 2:00pm
Actually I didn't promote anything.  I only tried to have a normal conversation and I didn't reject anything. You should reread my posts. It was everyone else who kept trying to shut me up about race. Why does everyone want to deny that not all races, in general, have the same hair. It's like saying green is blue. Curls products are specifically for multiracial hair. It says it on the site. It's not just for curly hair because she also knows that multiracial hair is different than other curly hair. Everyone here seems to want to just argue and prove some sort of point. I wasn't discussing race in general. I was only explaining the type of hair that I have. There's nothing wrong with that. People should have to tippy toe around talking about why they look a certain way. This is not a very friendly place, simply because you've proven my point that curly haired people who are not multiracial don't understand multiracial hair and are determined to say it isn't any different. But really you wouldn't know.

Date Posted: July 08 2005 at 2:01pm
I meant people 'should not' have to tippy toe

Posted By: Jennyjen
Date Posted: July 08 2005 at 3:26pm

I almost posted a reply to Stacy regarding my hair type...BUT I NOT DARE  ...everyone here totally jumped on her question, why, because she is bi-racial??  Bi-racial people usually DO have a different texture of hair, but not all of them. Sometimes knowing the ethnicity of people helps.  I've had several hair stylist ask my mix...and it helped them determine what to put in and do with my hair!!

Date Posted: July 08 2005 at 5:00pm

Stacey -

I think there maybe a cultural barrier here.  Also, your intentions were not really clearly defined in your earlier posts.  My initial post to you was me offering suggestions about products and quite sincere.  I am as interracial as they come, I just don’t buy into all of this.  I use whatever products make my relaxed hair feel great.

To clarify, I own and use several products from Curls (as well as many other high end lines).  I researched the products before trying any so I am well aware that they were created with bi/inter racial curlies in mind.  In fact, I wrote this in my initial post to you. (Maybe helpful if you re-read it?)  However, in stark contrast to some of your statements, the message from the founder of Curls is very inclusive and stresses that the products are appropriate for many hair types, specifically dry, curly, ethnic hair.  Generally, when people write her for advice about hair issues, she does not ask about ethnicity. Doesn’t need to.  She just asks for facts about the hair and the issues present to try to come up with a solution.  

I stand by my earlier posts and after re-reading your posts (always happy to clarify for your or my benefit) I see that you never flat out refused anyone’s hair advice, just sort of put them off by saying “they wouldn’t understand because they were not bi/inter racial.”  Again though, maybe this was not your intention.

I think that you as a business woman should seriously consider that your statements, however innocent your intentions, could be misconstrued and result in potential customers feeling as though you do not identify with them, that you do not make products for them and that you are not interested in selling to them. As for my assumption that you were promoting your products, you gave a link to your site and mentioned your hair care line in your posts.

No hard feelings.  I just don't agree with your methods and some of your statements.

In reference to another poster (don’t know name), it may be helpful for some hairdressers to know a person’s background, but hasn’t been necessary in my case.  Maybe the ones I have been to don’t know that they need to ask?

Date Posted: July 08 2005 at 5:28pm
It's not fair to say I tried to promote anything. The link I gave was way before stating I had a line and it was only the page with pictures of types of hair. There's only one link on that page that goes to the home page and it's a text link that can be easily missed.  I was only trying to show what my hair looks like. If I was trying to promote it, there's  a lot more I could say. But I do know that they will sell themselves. I do say my products are made for multiracial hair, because it is the truth. There are so many lines for blacks and whites, why not have one for interracials?  Why would people be against that?  It doesn't hurt anyone. No one is forced to use them. I could have mentioned it much earlier but never had any intensions of saying anything. I already stated why I started the thread.  Most multiracial people are very glad to hear about my line and I've helped many that curls could not help. I was not looking for trouble here. I only asked what people were doing to care for their curls. That's is all. Specifically I wanted to know if people use witch hazel.

Date Posted: July 08 2005 at 5:52pm
And the only reason I never said much about the advice was because I never asked for advice or insinuated that I needed it. I was pretty clear about what I was asking. I never meant to be rude about it.

Date Posted: July 08 2005 at 11:39pm
I totally agree with Blended Beauty!!! I do know exactly what she is talking about and where she is coming from. Someimes it is hard for me to pick out hair products, b/c usually "white" products don't work so good, and "black" products don't work so good either, but I am forced to buy one of them since my hair needs some kind conditioning, and when I found out about Blended Beauty's hair products, I was very excited about it and even though I havn't tried her products yet, I am eager to start! I just wanted her to know, I guess

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2005 at 9:07am
Thanks a mill Sweetcandicurlz!

Date Posted: July 09 2005 at 12:33pm

I totally agree with Blended Beauty!!! I do know exactly what she is talking about and where she is coming from. Someimes it is hard for me to pick out hair products, b/c usually "white" products don't work so good, and "black" products don't work so good either, but I am forced to buy one of them since my hair needs some kind conditioning, and when I found out about Blended Beauty's hair products, I was very excited about it and even though I havn't tried her products yet, I am eager to start! I just wanted her to know, I guess

Your statement is true for african americans also (speaking for myself).  Not all white products work for me and not all black products work either so you don't have a valid point.  If you talk to african americans in other forums they use white and black products and neither one always work.  Hair is hair, no matter what race...everyone's is different...not just biracial.  I'm not trying to argue, just simply stating my opinion.

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2005 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Pokahontas Pokahontas wrote:

Your statement is true for african americans also (speaking for myself).  Not all white products work for me and not all black products work either so you don't have a valid point.  If you talk to african americans in other forums they use white and black products and neither one always work.  Hair is hair, no matter what race...everyone's is different...not just biracial.  I'm not trying to argue, just simply stating my opinion.

I Agree, I'm black and the "ethnic" isle is not where I go to shop  for products. They don't work for me and many other people that I know.

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Date Posted: July 09 2005 at 12:58pm

Actually I didn't promote anything.  I only tried to have a normal conversation and I didn't reject anything. You should reread my posts. It was everyone else who kept trying to shut me up about race. Why does everyone want to deny that not all races, in general, have the same hair. It's like saying green is blue. Curls products are specifically for multiracial hair. It says it on the site. It's not just for curly hair because she also knows that multiracial hair is different than other curly hair. Everyone here seems to want to just argue and prove some sort of point. I wasn't discussing race in general. I was only explaining the type of hair that I have. There's nothing wrong with that. People should have to tippy toe around talking about why they look a certain way. This is not a very friendly place, simply because you've proven my point that curly haired people who are not multiracial don't understand multiracial hair and are determined to say it isn't any different. But really you wouldn't know.

When I tried to talk to you, you blew me off and said I needed to be multiracial to understand.  Why???  That was very rude.  You weren't interested in anything I had to say after that and I don't understand.   Also what is your definition of Multiracial?  Multiracial and biracial are two totally different things and you are using them like they are the same.  Most african americans are multiracial...meaning none of us are pure African.

Date Posted: July 09 2005 at 2:01pm

"Hair is hair, no matter what race...everyone's is different"

That's contradictory. Either hair is hair, and it's all the same, or everyone's different. I agree that AAs have the same problem. Their hair is not like white hair just as mine is not like white hair. I don't know what the problem is with me saying my hair is not like every other curly hair out there. That's what you all were saying before but now you are saying that everyone's different. So than it's okay for me to say that my hair is different from most curly hair without you all jumping on me. And I didn't blow you off. I was talking to someone else but I didn't quote.  I don't know why you don't understand. You should. You are obviously not black, but black identified. You don't have typical black hair so you should understand when I say my hair is not like blacks or whites and I can better relate to mixed race people who in general will be more likely to have a hair type like mine.

Posted By: Callalily
Date Posted: July 09 2005 at 2:30pm

What does being mutilracial have to do with the texture of your hair?  Your problem/description sounds universal to me.  You're trying HARD to make it seem unique to one group of people, though.  Hey, whatever floats your boat! 

It's a multiracial thang....ya'll wouldn't understand....

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2005 at 2:39pm
If it's accepted that black people and white people generally have different hair textures, why do people deny that interracials do too?  That just makes no sense unless you have something against interracials.

Date Posted: July 09 2005 at 10:38pm
 i personally believe that everyone's hair texture is just slightly different that the next person you see walking down the street. no one blanket product is going to work for everyone. finding a hair product that works for you is just all about experementing with different categories of products. if blended beauty's products work for her, well then thats great. she has finally ended her long and difficult search. and if they happen to work for other people, good for them too. i think all of this controversy over race is stupid. as i stated earlier, it doesnt matter what race you are, it just matters what type of hair is on your head, and what your hair responds to. so, i vote we put all of this race controversy aside, and try to answer blended beauty's origional question.

stacie,
i finally got a chance to try my acv rinse with witch hazel instead of the acv. i personally didnt like the results. it felt like the witch hazel stripped my hair. i would probably never try it again. but you go ahead and see if it works for your hair, as your hair will react differently than mine did. i have heard that witch hazel can be used as a light weight setting lotion. idk how this would work, but it cant hurt to try. good luck with the experementing.

-------------

Posted By: Callalily
Date Posted: July 09 2005 at 10:50pm

If it's accepted that black people and white people generally have different hair textures, why do people deny that interracials do too?  That just makes no sense unless you have something against interracials.

There is NO standard hair texture for any racial ethnic group.  I've seen black people with naturally straight smooth hair and I've seen white people with VERY natrually kinky hair that use relaxers to relax the kink out of there hair like some black women do! I've seen biracials with kinky hair, curly hair and straight hair.

Hair is hair.  No one group has a 'patent' on any one type of hair.

Heck, my sister has naturally curly hair.  She's not bi-or multracial.  She's black.  I have kinky hair.  I have cousins with naturally straight hair.  We're all black. 

There's no such thing as 'white' hair, 'black' hair, 'biracial' hair or 'mutilracial' hair.

Do you get it now?

Relax.  No one's on an 'I hate multiracials' campaign.  People are just trying to tell you something because you sound very uninformed.

-------------

Posted By: mymulatto
Date Posted: July 10 2005 at 5:54am

This post was edited because it contained a link to a pornagraphic site which is strictly probibited according to posting bylaws on HairTalk.

Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.

Date Posted: July 10 2005 at 9:06am

Originally posted by Bryan Bryan wrote:

stacie,
i finally got a chance to try my acv rinse with witch hazel instead of the acv. i personally didnt like the results. it felt like the witch hazel stripped my hair. i would probably never try it again. but you go ahead and see if it works for your hair, as your hair will react differently than mine did. i have heard that witch hazel can be used as a light weight setting lotion. idk how this would work, but it cant hurt to try. good luck with the experementing.

Thanks for letting me know. Did you use it straight or did you mix it with anything?

Print Page | Close Window