Print Page | Close Window

I can’t pinchbraid

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31410
Printed Date: May 08 2024 at 3:35am

Topic: I can’t pinchbraid
Posted By: BirdOfEden
Subject: I can’t pinchbraid
Date Posted: June 03 2005 at 10:18pm

After I bought a ton of hair, now I can't even use it.  I sat down last night and tonight to do an install, but I just can't do it.  A few months ago I did a few pinchbraids just to try it out and I remember being able to do them alright.  Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but in either case, I can't do them worth a crap now.  I cant get the braid to start at the scalp, it keeps sliding down.  I've sat for hours trying, but it turns out the same everytime.  Then when I go to wrap the thread, I just can't keep all the strays out.  It gets all tangly and messy.  Then when it's finally tied off, the braid looks all loose.  I'm so $%*&*#$ upset!  It's so frustrating.  I'm going to bed now.  I'm too upset.

Replies:
Posted By: mochachip
Date Posted: June 03 2005 at 10:32pm
pull the hair to the sides not down to make the braid tight and help keep it close to your scalp.

Chill, if you find a helpful friend you will have an easier time of it.  and if you don't, then you'll either figure it out again or get shrinkies, or extentubes, or...

I have faith that soon enoug you will be posting pics of your new install.

Posted By: Gina E
Date Posted: June 03 2005 at 11:36pm
It takes patience and practice! It helps me to keep the hair a little damp. (Rae suggested to me using a spray bottle)

Posted By: Syren123
Date Posted: June 04 2005 at 12:14am
Exactly. Be sure to section and secure all non-essential hair, then spray the row you're working on. Water is good and my stylist used Sebastian hairspray to stiffen up the row she was working on.

Posted By: Kalika
Date Posted: June 04 2005 at 1:36am
if it makes you feel better, its WAY harder to pinchbraid on yourself then someone else

Posted By: Amanda8Beechwoo
Date Posted: June 04 2005 at 3:29am
Ahh poor chick.  I was like that when I first did fusion.  I got myself in a right old state, got really upset, felt like a failure and that I'd never be able to do it but then one day it all fell into place and I could do it.  Practice does make perfect, don't get too disheartened chick x

Posted By: marie87
Date Posted: June 04 2005 at 6:57am
Water, and it helped me to use the sheild I uses for fusion to keep little hairs out. I however have a hard time finding that thread!!!

Date Posted: June 04 2005 at 8:36am
Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone!   I'm probably going to try again this evening, so I may be back on here posting again! LOL!

Date Posted: June 04 2005 at 1:10pm

How big do you normally make the sectioning for pinchbraids?  For fusion, I use 1/4" x 1/4".   Would use the same sectioning for pinchbraids? 

Posted By: Scotchyroo
Date Posted: June 04 2005 at 3:24pm
That sounds about right to me.

Posted By: Chris H.
Date Posted: June 05 2005 at 1:52am
Just to let u know....It was hard for me, too, but you just have to practice, seriously! You'll get it!

Date Posted: June 05 2005 at 11:31am
I'm about ready to redo my whole head with fusion.  I keep trying and trying, but I'm really not getting the pinchbraids.  I mean, I can braid great, but getting that strand of extension hair to stay in place near the scalp is just not happening for me.  It continues to slide no matter how I try. 

Print Page | Close Window