Forum Name: Diet Days
Forum Description: A place for sharing ideas, tips and our daily struggles
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31459
Printed Date: May 25 2024 at 11:45pm

Topic: My Problem With Drinking Water
Posted By: stephanieann
Subject: My Problem With Drinking Water
Date Posted: June 05 2005 at 3:56pm

I love water, and i like to drink it all the time, 'cause it's good for you and all... but gosh, say i drink like two bottles, I'll go to the bathroom like three times in the next half hour... do i have bladder problems or is this normal? Or should i just drink water farther apart, like not drink two bottles back to back or something? I feel silly peeing so often

Replies:
Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: June 05 2005 at 8:59pm
Your bladder has a limited capacity. Therefore, the more water you drink, the more often you need to go to the bathroom. Why don't you wait til you're thirsty before you start a new bottle?

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: June 06 2005 at 8:20am
They say if you feel thirsty, you're already dehydrated. . . yet, if you drink water like all the time to stay hydrated, you also stay in the washroom all day -_- . . .  There's gotta be some way to keep kind of a balance. . .

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: S_Miller
Date Posted: June 06 2005 at 9:41am
I drink at least 3 or 4, 20 oz bottles of water a day.  I've read somewhere that you should drink half your weight in oz. (metric people need thier own conversion)  ex: If you weigh 110 lbs, 55oz of water a day.  I do spend more than my share of time in the ladies room but I feel the benefits are worth it. I am a workout freak and realy need to replenish my fluids.  Does this fall under the catagory of "too much information"?

-------------
Stephanie

Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: June 06 2005 at 2:45pm

Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

They say if you feel thirsty, you're already dehydrated. . . 

They say that, but it's really only true if you are a performance athlete or under other similarly physically stressful conditions. It's perfectly safe to wait til you are thirsty before you drink.

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Posted By: BrownEyez2
Date Posted: June 06 2005 at 4:01pm

I'm a big water drinker as well. Not so much bcuz I love it, but I try to drink the "required" amount or more daily. Unfortunately, this does go hand in hand w/ more bathroom breaks than I would like, but I too feel like the benefits my hair, body and skin receive are worth it. I did find that when I first started, the bathroom runs were more frequent,but as I/my body got used to receiving this amount of water daily, I didn't have to go as much. (go figure- maybe my body adjusted??)  IMO, the pros far outweigh the cons - it helps me keep my weight down, less problems w/ my skin, etc.

-------------
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: June 07 2005 at 12:02am

What if you live where it's really hot in the summer, though, like it is here?  I sweat a lot in summer, even if I'm not exercising.

Originally posted by eKatherine eKatherine wrote:

Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

They say if you feel thirsty, you're already dehydrated. . . 

They say that, but it's really only true if you are a performance athlete or under other similarly physically stressful conditions. It's perfectly safe to wait til you are thirsty before you drink.

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: nimar
Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 5:34pm
you are drinking too much water . scale it down .
drinking too much water is not necessary and
overrated . water is already in our diet drinks , coffee,
and tea. you are plenty hydrated.

Print Page | Close Window