Print Page | Close Window

Two things

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31467
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 4:27am

Topic: Two things
Posted By: chgurlsng
Subject: Two things
Date Posted: June 05 2005 at 7:21pm
Lately, I have been noticing a really greasy feeling on my scalp.  Is this because the Oklahoma summer air is getting hot and humid, or do I need to change my hair care regiment?  I have been washing my hair the same way for two months with great results and now this...
Another thing:  Do any of you ever spot clean your hair?  Yesterday, I did my weekly hair wash but today at church, a little baby spit up in my hair.  I just wet it down in the sink with some soap because I didn't have shampoo with me.  Is that OK to do?  If I do it again, I will use normal shampoo, though.

Replies:
Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: June 05 2005 at 9:16pm
I've found a good scalp massage during the wash keeps my scalp from getting greasy.

It's ok to spot-wash your hair every time a baby spits up in it. I give you my permission.

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Posted By: BrownEyez2
Date Posted: June 06 2005 at 12:52am

Have you added any new hair products to your regimen? If so, maybe that's the culprit. And w/ baby spit-up in your hair, do you think a "spot" rinse is enough? I'd want to do a complete wash to ensure it's ALL out! Babies, gotta love'em....

-------------
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~

Date Posted: June 06 2005 at 8:48am
Well, I could tell that it was only in one area, so I didn't think it was neccisary to wash my whole head.  I am sure it is all out.  When I got home, I checked to make sure everything was clean. 
No, I have not added any new products to my regiment.
eKatherine, thanks for the pointer on scalp massaging, I'll have to try that.
-Char

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: June 07 2005 at 7:13am
I haven't been everywhere in Oklahoma of course, but all the places I have been there were incredibly dry in the summer with almost no humidity at all.  (It was more like an oven, I could walk uphill 5 blocks to the grocery and never break a sweat even though it was 115 degrees!)  Is it possible that your scalp is actually getting dried out and is producing more oil to counter the dryness? 

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Date Posted: June 07 2005 at 11:36am

During July and Augest, it is extremely dry here, however, in the spring, it is humid.  It just rained every day the past week.  I can't figure this out!  My skin is flaking off my scalp, too.  I've never experienced both things at once.

-Char

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 6:54am
Hmmm, do you dilute your shampoo (Dave's method)? It may help. 

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 10:50am
Yes, I do...  I don't know why this is happening.  I just decided to wash it, yesterday even though I already had on Saturday.  I couldn't go out of the house, it looked soo bad.

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: June 11 2005 at 9:07am
Three days between washes with the shampoo dilution method in June in Oklahoma... sounds like it's going well.  I notice that the hotter and more humid the weather here (FL) gets, the more quickly my scalp gets dirty.  I've recently reduced my washing interval to 6 days (and am about to go to 5 days).  I believe in adjusting when necessary - whatever works for you.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window