Forum Name: Curly Hair
Forum Description: Curly Heads Unite & Talk About Curls
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31608
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 3:18pm

Topic: Damaged Hair*
Posted By: Ciara x5
Subject: Damaged Hair*
Date Posted: June 09 2005 at 1:11pm

Okay; well my hair isnt really curly but its not straight either. It's wavy.. and i hate it like that. So everyday i straighten it. And my hair is now really damaged and i don't know how to make it healthier and still have it straight at the same time .. I've already tried most of the shampoos .. but none of them have really worked yet. Any ideas?

<3/ Ciara

-------------

Your heart may be broken tonight.
But tomorrow, in the morning light..
Don't let the sun catch you crying.

Replies:
Posted By: cmesweet
Date Posted: June 09 2005 at 1:44pm
No product is going to make your hair healthy. It has been damaged by heat.

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Posted By: ltp27
Date Posted: June 10 2005 at 6:49pm

the first thing that would help is if you described how it's damaged, as well as what exactly you do to straighten your hair.  If you post these things I can give you a much more useful answer...cause trust me it's been 8 months since my last hair cut and only now are my ends beginning to split and I use a dryer everytime I wash my hair, so I know how to keep hair looking good and healthy.

Posted By: Ciara x5
Date Posted: June 13 2005 at 11:59am

Okay ; well once and a while i dye my hair. Like 3 times a year maybe? And i straighten my hair with a straightener everyday. & i have like split ends and all ..

<3 Ciara

-------------

Your heart may be broken tonight.
But tomorrow, in the morning light..
Don't let the sun catch you crying.

Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: June 13 2005 at 1:42pm
It looks like you're going to have to choose. You either learn to live with your curly hair and natural color, or you settle for living with damage.

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Posted By: ltp27
Date Posted: June 13 2005 at 8:02pm

i needed a little more specifics on the straightening, ie. if you blowdry first or you use your straightner on wet hair (btw you shouldn't do that) and whether you use a ceramic straightening iron. Also your budget might help. But ill give it a shot.

Even if you dont do any of the other suggestions, do this: get a trim nothing outragous just enough to get rid of your split ends.

If you have a generous budget get your hair chemically straightened it will hurt your hair but not as much as day to day damage.   

If its more modest try to get a ceramic straightner (its worth the price cause it doesnt damage your hair).  If you can't you can still take steps tp protect your hair.  First get a deep conditioner, the one I like is neutrogena's triple moisture hair mask.  There are srays you can get the you use before you straighten which helps protect the hair from damage and also humidity.  Again i like liquid hair's version the best (find it at salons).  If you take these steps it should help prevent your hair from becoming severely damaged in the future.

Print Page | Close Window