Forum Name: Handbags
Forum Description: Latest fashions, news, tips, shopping
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31638
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 5:49pm

Topic: What make a great handbag?
Posted By: Viktoria
Subject: What make a great handbag?
Date Posted: June 10 2005 at 11:53am

I love handbags, and for years I was searching for the ultimate one. I always thought it would be a shoulder bag, but to my surprise, it turned out to be an oldfashioned hand-held granny-like purse! It has room for my wallet, a beautybag, a camera, a book and a scarf. And my hair never gets caught under it. If it was any bigger it would qualify as a tote, I imagine. And it´s black - goes with everything. I´ve had it for 10 years.

What do you require from an every-day bag? I´d be really curious to know!

-------------
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.

Replies:
Posted By: AmberJune
Date Posted: June 10 2005 at 9:56pm
I'm really bad....I have like a million purses...and I like each one to match my outfit...hahahaha!

-------------
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01

Posted By: Jade30
Date Posted: July 01 2005 at 12:37pm

My husband calls me the bag lady. :P

I like big bags because I have soooo much stuff that I take with me everywhere.  heehhe

Posted By: fullxdiva
Date Posted: July 06 2005 at 10:55am
I'm with AmberJune, gotta have a bag to go with everything, AND I'm with Jade30, I'm one of those "just in case" kinda people so I take a lil of this and a lil of that, and it has got to be big enough to fit at least one book, two if I'm close to finishing the current one. It's sad I know .

-------------
"Not Lucky Just Blessed"

Posted By: sandieman27
Date Posted: December 06 2005 at 1:39pm
The outfit makes the purse and personality makes the outfit.....they all go hand in hand!!

Posted By: gossipqueen
Date Posted: December 15 2005 at 6:09pm

I love handbags as well, I have more then I can count! My birthday is on the 24th and I just got this bag sent all the way from London! My friend there sent me this Armani bag for my birthday, its small but not too small, pricey and very cute, a nice addition to my collection. I also like to match my bag with my outfit that includes my shoes sometimes. I think everyone should have a nice black bag that can go with almost everything.

Posted By: ISpeaksFacts
Date Posted: January 10 2006 at 4:56pm

I'm a BIG purse freak !!!  I love a new purse!  I like extra large purses!  I carry small to medium bags sometimes, but I'm ALWAYS looking for the biggest purse!

-------------
"Life is betta' with LOTS of cheddar!" -Sommore on The Parker's

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: January 12 2006 at 12:15am

I wouldn't know what to do with a big purse-- usually all I have in mine is a wallet and sunglasses.  Sometimes there's a pen, sometimes a measuring tape, maybe a lipgloss, but that's about it.

The purses I have are all small.  I prefer them to have a shoulder strap, but I can live with just short handles.  I like them to have some sort of closure at the top (a zip, snap, flap, just something so people can't reach in at will), and I like them to be sturdy, but those are about my only requirements.  *shrugs*

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: anne6000
Date Posted: July 15 2006 at 9:08pm
I want the impossible:  a little one that has a magical huge storage capacity!  I like the look of smaller bags but unfortunately, by the time I get a sunglasses case (to switch off and on with regular glasses), wallet, small cosmetics bag (lipstick, chapstick, nail file, couple of female pads, toothbrush, floss, and tissues), small appointment book, very small notebook for writing notes, a couple of pens, keys, mobile phone, and small bottle of hand lotion or sunscreen, depending on the season, in the bag, I've gone beyond what a small purse can hold.

Posted By: tanjuska
Date Posted: July 17 2006 at 12:46pm
i think enohg, but not too much place and many practical pockets
and the fact this is a summer and winter bag, and you can wear it on jeans and at work. I am quite demanding, a?   

-------------
http://www.topbeautycare.com - BEST BEAUTY AND FASHION FORUMS

Posted By: kellie7777
Date Posted: August 24 2006 at 11:50pm
So i'm not the only purse/bag maniac out there. phew my husband suggested it sign up to handbags annonymous. lol. i love me some purses. i say every purse has a personality and function. feels great to have a handbag brotherhood. hee hee

Posted By: lisalinville
Date Posted: October 02 2006 at 5:30pm
i have so many purses  and still unhappy with all mine  i cant seem to find one that i like 

Posted By: Micheal137
Date Posted: December 29 2009 at 12:32am
i have only 3 handbags, two big ones, one small one. i just bought the small one from online store eluxsquare last week, it is brown. replica Chanel, only cost me $15. i think it is nice and worthy the money.

Posted By: tiatessman
Date Posted: May 25 2010 at 7:44am
I am very crazy for handbags.. Handbags really can make a girl feel special and they help to create a look.. Women are crazy for bags and purse because these extravagant purses are  to make them seem richer, have high class, and feel like a celebrity.. Bags are indispensable accessories especially during the day, when women have to keep all the things they need, in one place..

http://www.GlassOfVenice.com - Glass Of Venice

Posted By: thomas520
Date Posted: November 19 2010 at 2:23am
This is really a crazy idea, huh, huh

-------------
my name is http://www.thomasabo2uk.com - thomas sabo .

Posted By: brianbestwish
Date Posted: December 08 2010 at 7:33pm
My "everyday bag" consists of several car batteries soldered to a Mac Pro held to my back via bungee cords, as well as a secured table on my chest as a place to place the 30" display(s)

-------------

Posted By: soBeautyFull
Date Posted: June 21 2012 at 1:05am
Collecting of bags is one of my favorite thing to do because it will add another fashion to your dress that you wear.

Posted By: boconnor
Date Posted: June 21 2012 at 11:05am
My current everyday bag is an across the body Coach bag that I manage to fit quite a bit - sunglass case, makeup pouch, wallet, calendar, and some other items. I love it mainly because it allows my hands to be free. Sometimes I will use a large shoulder bag, but thats only if I'm too lazy to switch after the weekend.

Posted By: soBeautyFull
Date Posted: June 26 2012 at 1:28am
In fashion, the perfect handbags are something that is essential, yet
elusive. It should at once be a fashion statement, but not too gaudy or
garish, and definitely not simply one of the season's passing trends.

Posted By: Mightykid
Date Posted: August 12 2012 at 9:18am
I have a leather bag collection, I love the quality and they are durable!

Posted By: Ericachristina
Date Posted: August 12 2012 at 8:47pm

I have tons of bags as well. If I had to pick one great purse it would be one that could go with almost anything in my closet.

It would have to have a lot of space without looking too big and bulky so I could put everything I need to in it comfortably.

It would have to have some pockets that help me organize things like my cell phone and keys, things that I need easy access to.

It would have to have a good zipper or closing mechanism, I don’t like bags that synch or don’t close properly ever since someone stole my mother’s wallet right out of her purse while we were  Christmas shopping.

It would have to be durable and made of great material while still being fashionable and trendy.

It would also have to have a good liner on the inside.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window