Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31750
Printed Date: April 25 2024 at 10:54pm

Topic: Should I dye my hair brown?
Posted By: yumyumkiwis
Subject: Should I dye my hair brown?
Date Posted: June 13 2005 at 3:23pm

For a while now I've been thinking of maybe dyeing my hair brown, only every time I'm going to go buy some, I get too scared. I think I need a change though, because the hair colour I have right now makes me look too pale and washed out

But my friend dyed her hair brown a few days ago, only it turned this really cool-toned looking brown, and it kinda looks grayish too, so that's why I'm afraid. Also, I don't want to dye it then hate it and not be able to get my natural colour back. Does anyone have any suggestions on what shades I should try, or if I should even dye it at all? I'm going to buy hair dye tomorrow. Or would it just be better if I got it done professionally?

-------------
<3 Linnie

Replies:
Posted By: Veronica F
Date Posted: June 14 2005 at 8:22am
You should try on wigs maybe to see what looks best before dyeing it. It would be a good idea to get it done professionally if u have no idea abt hair coloring. However, if u do it urself u should do a strand test first to see that the color comes out alright. OH and do not a permanent dye, please instead use a semi, trust me on this one. Plus if the semi doesn't come out dark enough the first u can always color over it again w/ the same dye. Permanent color has 20 vol. vs. just 10 vol peroxide for gray coverage and 1-2 levels of lift. You're def. not going lighter so u only really 10 volume which is deposit only. And the fadage factor is basically the same, only semi is less harsh!

Print Page | Close Window