Forum Name: Celebrity Hair Talk
Forum Description: The hair trials and tribulations of Celebrities
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31787
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 9:20pm

Topic: Nicole Kidman Needs A Change
Posted By: fatmoogas
Subject: Nicole Kidman Needs A Change
Date Posted: June 14 2005 at 10:04am

Used to love Nicole Kidman's really red and really long hair. These days it's not very red and not really very long either. Wish she'd make a change---even cut it maybe!

Replies:
Posted By: elvira
Date Posted: June 14 2005 at 10:22am
She looked very weird on David Letterman last night! That pic is what she was wearing on the show. Did you notice that her forehead did not move at all?

Posted By: Joey99
Date Posted: June 14 2005 at 11:27am
I love her hair!  The loose waves, the strawberry blonde color...perfect!  If it ain't broke, don't fix it! 

-------------
"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."

Date Posted: June 14 2005 at 2:43pm

This is how she should look.

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/nicole-kidman/scansk/kidman/kidman.jpg - http://web.ukonline.co.uk/nicole-kidman/scansk/kidman/kidman .jpg

Posted By: Rod
Date Posted: June 14 2005 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/nicole-kidman/scansk/kidman/
kidman.jpg
- http://web.ukonline.co.uk/nicole-kidman/scansk/kidman/
kidman .jpg

Great, but she's not 29 anymore.

Posted By: AggiePam
Date Posted: June 14 2005 at 9:02pm

She's one of those ladies (like Hunter Tylo) who really shouldn't cut their hair because it's perfect the way it is!! (although Hunter didn't follow that rule!)

Nicole may be aging, but she is beautiful because of the way she carries herself-such elegance! I think she is more beautiful now because her confidence has grown over the years.

But, back to her hair...I do enjoy seeing the different lengths (even if they are wigs) in her movies. She looks really cute in Bewitched. The different ways she wears he hair in movies really helps her portray her characters.

Posted By: Callalily
Date Posted: June 15 2005 at 2:31am
I must be the only one, but that doesn't look like strawberry blonde to me.  Looks like straight blonde....and it's washing her out horribly.  She's too darn pale to have her hair that shade of blonde.   She needs to go back to her reddish hair....PRONTO!!!!!!

-------------

Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: June 15 2005 at 7:18am
Too bad she can't put her freckles back, too. That's what's making her look pale, lack of pigmentation caused by permanent skin bleaching.

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: June 15 2005 at 8:28am
Damm she did that to her skin. I hope we don't have another Michael Jackson but a female type. LOL.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Posted By: Bambilee
Date Posted: June 18 2005 at 1:34pm
why would someone bleach out their freakles? If you dont' like them, that's what makeup is for and it's not so drastic and  you still have some color... awe, NICOLE! She's starting to really look her age, all wrinkly and wearing granny clothes. She's not really that good looking but what can you do?

-------------
~* Bambi Lee *~

Date Posted: June 18 2005 at 1:42pm
She's trying too hard. Should let her hair grow, or cut it. Needs to also stop wearing the granny clothes.

Posted By: ChelseaB
Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 1:24pm
I love her hair in Bewitched, although the color is way to light. I loved when she first came out, how natural she looked...she also actually had weight and curves!

-------------
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii

Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 1:32pm
I think it may be a very clever wig. How does she go from long to short to long overnight?

Posted By: ChelseaB
Date Posted: June 20 2005 at 1:44pm
I know it was a wig, I still think that it is cute.

-------------
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: June 21 2005 at 1:42am

She doesn't even have that face anymore :-P .  Nobody just ages gracefully in Hollywood-- they all want to face-lift and Botox away any trace of age. . . which, unfortunately, usually just succeeds in turning them into weird creatures instead :-( . . .

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/nicole-kidman/scansk/kidman/kidman.jpg - http://web.ukonline.co.uk/nicole-kidman/scansk/kidman/kidman .jpg

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Date Posted: June 21 2005 at 5:19am
Well, yes Kuroneko, that has certainly happened to Nicole Kidman. She seems like a totally blanched out creature.

Posted By: murdoch
Date Posted: June 21 2005 at 8:05am
shes not that bad and i think blonde suits her so much even if the red did better! i love her curls also!

-------------
my rabbit- her hairs always perfect!

Posted By: mike1818
Date Posted: June 22 2005 at 12:51pm
i think her hair looked good in bewitched. but i dont like her hair now i like it when it was a brunnette color!!!

Posted By: Vicky
Date Posted: June 22 2005 at 1:07pm
She needs to go back to the moulan rouge deep red color. It suited her pale skin perfekt. 

Date Posted: June 22 2005 at 1:29pm
Go back to the "Batman Forever" look.

Date Posted: June 23 2005 at 10:50am
Oh yes she should go back that look.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Date Posted: June 23 2005 at 1:34pm

Is this evidence of a lace wig?

http://movies.aol.com/celebrity/main.adp?da=1&tab=photos&sid=38065&skip=12&debug=0&area=celebrity - http://movies.aol.com/celebrity/main.adp?da=1&tab=photos &sid=38065&skip=12&debug=0&area=celebrity

Date Posted: June 23 2005 at 1:37pm

Here's a small pic. in case the one above goes walkabout.

Date Posted: June 24 2005 at 9:24am
Good. Like to see it get as long as she had in her ex husban moive Far and Away? It's not the one that got all the rage. Eye Wide Shut.

I put this post in the wrong spot.

-------------

Posted By: Kalika
Date Posted: July 11 2005 at 5:47pm

How does she go from long to short to long overnight?

extensions. 

Posted By: texdillo
Date Posted: July 12 2005 at 10:22am
She looks good with long or short styles. The very light color tends to make her look too pale. She needs a warmer color - darker/warmer reddish blond, red, or reddish brown. Just my two cents.

Date Posted: July 12 2005 at 11:40am
So she really has short hair, like in "Birth"?

Posted By: ssjockey
Date Posted: July 12 2005 at 3:13pm

So she really has short hair, like in "Birth"?

No, she doesn't have short hair.  When her hair looks short, it is either pinned up artfully, or a wig, like in Birth.

Posted By: Beautifulinblue
Date Posted: July 13 2005 at 6:32pm

I think her blonde hair looks fine; but I cant help but think she looks really washed out when shes not done up. She's got really pale skin, and thats not usually a good combination with blonde hair.

Her hair looked horrible in Stepford Wives. Pale people cannot have black hair. It should be a rule.

But its not just her hair that needs work; she needs to put on some much needed weight. She's a beautiful woman, but skin and bone.

-------------
Pain is inevitable; Suffering is optional

Posted By: HopeB
Date Posted: August 03 2005 at 10:57pm

I liked her red hair in "Practical Magic" & "Moulin Rouge," or even the in-between shades of strawberry blonde & copper. But the blonde washes her out so much! Even though the "Moulin Rouge" hair was a wig, it still looks more natural than her current blonde!

Date Posted: August 04 2005 at 12:50am
Hate the current washed out blonde look. Seems to be aimed at coun tering the effects of age, but makes her look like a martian instead.

Posted By: Bambilee
Date Posted: August 04 2005 at 11:58am
haha, yes she was awesome in Moulion Rouge, she was perfect for the role.

-------------
~* Bambi Lee *~

Posted By: Viktoria
Date Posted: August 08 2005 at 11:33am
(sigh) Why do these talanted actresses distroy their faces - the face is after all their working tool? Kidman is one step away from poor Meg Ryan (what a shock to see her in "Kate&Leopold"!) and I really hope she comes to her senses and cancel her face fixing appointments and start eating properly. If this is what Hollywood wants I think they are underestimating audiences!

-------------
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.

Posted By: aseya
Date Posted: August 09 2005 at 5:01am
I think she looked gorgeous in the Interpreter. She had blonde hair with bangs and I think the color looked good on her. I definitly think she looks best when she has bangs- no matter what color her hair is.
It's weird though, whenever I see photos of her I think 'no, shes not all that' but then if I see her in a movie or on TV I get depressed cuz she's so pretty! She looks harsher and colder and her skin looks drier and stuff in photos. Could be the wonders of movie lighting I guess :)

Date Posted: August 09 2005 at 7:11pm
Just watched Interpreter on flight back from Thailand. It was a crummy film and NK just looked completely washed out to me--quasi anorexic, carefully painted face and thin, stringy hair.

Posted By: Vicky
Date Posted: August 10 2005 at 3:42am
A while ago when Nicole was on the Letterman show she did not only look like a plastic doll but she acted like it aswell. I have never seen an interviju with her before but she was really weird.. I wish she could just age naturally, i dont think she realises that she would look so much better.  

Posted By: Tyranna
Date Posted: August 10 2005 at 3:46pm
Perhaps she is too dpeendent on Botox which has a definite 'rubber face' effect.

Print Page | Close Window