Print Page | Close Window

spilt ends

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31796
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 2:20am

Topic: spilt ends
Posted By: hairlove
Subject: spilt ends
Date Posted: June 14 2005 at 1:35pm
i have really long hair and i  had a trim 3weeks ago and i still have really bad split ends my hair is bleached thats why its in so bad condition i just want to get it cut above my shoulders to gto get it healhthy am going on holiday next week should i get dun before i go i just want it healthy have always had long hair i need advice

-------------
nic

Replies:
Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: June 14 2005 at 10:18pm
If your long hair is damaged, I recommend trimming 1/2" a month until the damage is gone. That way you don't ever have to go short.

Condition every time you wash, never heat-style, and work jojoba in whenever it feels dry.

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Posted By: Katja
Date Posted: June 15 2005 at 11:59am

what ekatherine said definitely sounds better than cutting it all off when you don't want to .

-------------
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen

Posted By: laststar
Date Posted: June 15 2005 at 6:26pm
Katja your hair looks great,  almost waist length keep it going good luck

Star

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: June 16 2005 at 6:53am
Hairlove:  In addition to what eKatherine said, keep in mind that hair only grows a half inch or so a month, so if you really like it long, it will be a very long time before it's very long again if you cut a lot off.  

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: July 04 2005 at 6:55pm
I agree with eKatherine.

P.S. Katja, great progress!  Your hair's looking thick and healthy. 

-------------

Posted By: Suers
Date Posted: July 05 2005 at 12:56pm
If you seem to be getting alot of split ends, check your hair brush. If the bristles of the brush have rough edges or paint chips, they will cause much damage.

Some hair types are more easily damaged than others. I lighten my hair too and it is fragile. Try not to brush it when it is wet. Just gently comb out the tangles. Use lots of conditioner and air dry when possible.

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: July 05 2005 at 7:42pm
Adding to what Suers says... the only time I use a brush is as a final smoothing.  I always use a wide-tooth comb (or even fingers, if necessary) to detangle.  Once completely detangled with comb, then I brush (and carefully too, since strands can get wrapped around the brush prongs and snap off).

-------------

Print Page | Close Window