Print Page | Close Window

Supplements for hair growth - HF37

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31921
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 2:18am

Topic: Supplements for hair growth - HF37
Posted By: yay i win
Subject: Supplements for hair growth - HF37
Date Posted: June 17 2005 at 2:47pm

I saw HF37 and Hairtopia vitamin and amino acid supplements on this site and a few others. I don't necessarily believe testimonials that appear on any site that also sells the product...I was wondering if any of you guys have tried them and had some success or failures?

Is there any difference between Hair Formula 37 and HairTopia?

Thanks!

Replies:
Posted By: laststar
Date Posted: June 17 2005 at 6:49pm
Hi there,  I have tried hf37 and had pretty good results although it is pretty pricey.  I have not tried the hair topia I am a Celiac so I have to be carefull with the ingredience.  Good luck

Star

Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 11:24am
Glad to hear you got some results. How much growth did you have before and after HF37 use?

Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 11:37am
1.5 inches a month before and maybe 3/4 to 1 inch after.

Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 11:59am
I hope you mean the reverse of that! Haha! Did you have any side effects, like nausea or niacin flush? I feel that some vitamins in the product have too high of a concentration to be healthy. I'm considering purchasing all the vitamins and amino acids listed on the ingredients separately on my own so I can lower certain dosages of minerals associated with liver toxicity.

Posted By: ChelseaB
Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 1:37pm
Hi, I am currently on the Hairtopia 6 month program, (which is the minerals and amino acids) I have had no side effects, even if you take them on a empty stomache.  I think that that have defintly encouraged hair growth, before it was about 1/4 a month it is now 1/2 to 1 inch a month. My hair started at about 13 inchs, now it is 15 1/2 inches.  Also my nails are a lot harder and grow faster then before. The only drawback in the price, (about 50.00 a month) and how many you have to take. 1 m 2 aa-breakfast, 1 m 2 aa- dinner, 2 aa- before bed.  However onced you get a schedule down it is pretty easy to take them. I would recommend them. Hope this helps!

-------------
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii

Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 1:55pm
ya I meant 1/2 an inch before to 3/4 to an inch

Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 1:56pm
Oh ya no side effects to my knowledge.

Date Posted: June 19 2005 at 4:23pm
Great, thanks!

Date Posted: June 25 2005 at 10:23am

I am starting the hairtopia vitamins today. i'm getting a trim on monday, so i'll measure my starting length afterwards and see how i fare in the next 4 weeks.

Also, I'd love to hear about any more anecdotes of hair vitamin use--success, failures, positive and negative side effects, etc.

Date Posted: June 30 2005 at 12:24pm

Update:

I don't know if the exclusive cause was stress that happened to be ameliorated around the same time I started the vitamins, but a week ago my hair seemed to be falling out in clumps when I'd comb it in the shower, and now, I can hardly get one stray when I run my fingers through it!  I'm sure it was mainly the stress, but for me to have not combed my hair since yesterday and to still not be able to find one hair that will fall out is a change from the norm!

Date Posted: July 26 2005 at 6:10pm

UPDATE TWO:

Okay, it's been about a month, and my hair grew about 1/2 inch--very average, even for me. I'd advise eating a healthy, balanced diet (something I already do), and to forget the vitamins. I SO wanted them to work, too. But save your money!

Posted By: AmberJune
Date Posted: July 27 2005 at 10:23am

Hi...

You can't just take them for one one month and expect them to work.  Its something that you will start to see improvement with in the months you take it.... I'd wait until month 3 before giving up.

-------------
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01

Date Posted: July 27 2005 at 9:56pm

that's a good point. which supplements do you take? how long have you been doing it? any results??

Print Page | Close Window