Print Page | Close Window

Lost When It Comes To Growing

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32014
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 10:33am

Topic: Lost When It Comes To Growing
Posted By: nessyla
Subject: Lost When It Comes To Growing
Date Posted: June 20 2005 at 7:49am
hello everyone, i am so excited to have found this site. i really need some help. you see for the past say 5 yrs i wanted to grow my hair but i have done verything wrong in the book to prevent it from growing. i have bleached blowdried curled and brush my way to a head full of broken weak hair. 6 months ago however i decided enough was enough. after receiving a very bad bleach job i decided to chop to chin length and add lowlights. i used aveda curessence and ojon moisture shampoo and conditioner as welll as hot oil treatments and my hair grew alittle. 2inches in 4 months.now i do go get my roots touched up every 7 wks and a trim because my hair is fine and sort of thin. i wash my hair 3xs per week and blowdry on low but my hair is stopped growing again. i do take hair vitamins and only comb my hair. the problem is i really want to add some really light blonde pieces to my hair will i be taking a step back if i do this or is there a way to do the light blonde and save my hair and keep it growing. HELP I"M A MESS

Replies:
Posted By: Vicky
Date Posted: June 20 2005 at 7:59am
Hi there!
You should try to post this question in the general hair talk or long hair forum. You will get more help there..

Posted By: Viktoria
Date Posted: June 20 2005 at 5:45pm

Hi Nessyla! Well, with fine and thin hair, perhaps your MO isnīt the ideal way to get long hair, if thatīs what you want. How long are you aiming for? And what is your natural hair color? Do you really dislike it so much? If you want long hair, going natural is always best, unless you are born with very fastgrowing, ironlike hair. Most people I know who color also wear more make up, to compensate for the unnaturalness of fake color. Natural color, I think, will always suit a personīs complexion the best.

Unfortunately there is no secret weapon to get naturally long hair. Itīs just patience, careful pampering of those tresses and accepting what your hair really is, and dealing with it accordingly. If your creativity demands hard bleaches, perhaps long hair isnīt for you.

-------------
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.

Posted By: malibu
Date Posted: April 28 2006 at 6:48pm
How about hair extensions? That's what I do because I want long hair and can't achieve that.

Print Page | Close Window