Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32225
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 7:23pm

Topic: Highlighting help
Posted By: 02rsxs
Subject: Highlighting help
Date Posted: June 25 2005 at 7:36pm

I am a guy with black hair with 25% grey in it.  My girl wants me to get highlights in my hair.  What color should I get and should I cover the grey first?  She wants blonde or like an extreme red.  Please help me.

Replies:
Posted By: Bryan
Date Posted: June 25 2005 at 9:22pm
if you covered over the grays with a perm, and then put in extreme reds, it would look very punk-y. the blond will not turn a pale blonde on you, it will be that funny orange color that people with dark hair get when they attempt to bleach their hair. i would vote dye it black all over, then get the red highlights.

-------------
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)

Posted By: Veronica F
Date Posted: June 25 2005 at 9:26pm
please do it professionally if this is your first time. A good stylist should be able to help u achieve either one, talk to them abt wht they reccomend.

Posted By: 02rsxs
Date Posted: June 26 2005 at 6:41am
How much should this cost?

Posted By: Veronica F
Date Posted: June 26 2005 at 7:56am
It would depend on how long ur hair is but since ur a guy i'm gonna guess its pretty short...for the full head a good salon is usually aroung $125 for medium length hair, i think. But since ur a guy and if u have short hair i'm sure it would be much less...i hope this answers ur question!

Print Page | Close Window