Print Page | Close Window

S.O.S.--The Worst Haircut Ever!!!!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32228
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 10:22pm

Topic: S.O.S.--The Worst Haircut Ever!!!!
Posted By: Jenny_RR
Subject: S.O.S.--The Worst Haircut Ever!!!!
Date Posted: June 25 2005 at 8:52pm
Oh, man. I'm not sure what inspired me to cut 6 inches off my extensions--the heat, maybe, or the weight--but that's what I did a few hours ago, and this has got to be the *worst* haircut in history. I don't have a razor (obviously), so I just lopped it off with the scissors.

It's so downright awful, it's hilarious, really. I'll be getting a new install soon (shorter this time, I think), but what does one do in the meantime? There's always the ponytail, but I don't think even that will disguise these crazy-looking steps I've got.....

Any suggestions?

Replies:
Posted By: mochachip
Date Posted: June 25 2005 at 9:01pm
you can give it a razored look with the scissors.  it will break things up a bit.  take a strand and a couple inches from the bottom cut down the length with the scissors.  you want the scissors to be skipping down the hair not cutting very much.  bumpcut two little strands, bump one, bumptwo more.  you have to roll each strand around doing this a couple times but it will definitely help give a razored look and break things up a bit.  Of course a razor is like five bucks if you want to put your ahir ina ponytaila nd run out to the BSS.

Posted By: Kimbearly
Date Posted: June 25 2005 at 9:17pm
ooops jenny.  Good luck with the touch-up, I have a feeling it will look just great.  Hey, we all have done something to our hair - at least yours is fixable.  Last summer (during a whim moment) I decided to highlight my hair and afterwards I looked like a pumpkin - but on one side of my head.  You see, I totally messed-up pulling the hair out of the highlighting cap.  $10.00 for the box and $200.00 to fix it. 

-------------

Posted By: amm
Date Posted: June 25 2005 at 9:20pm
LOL! OK, girl, you really hacked at it, didn't you.

Bring it forward in two equal sections like you did in the bottom photo and make two straight cuts at the shortest length to get the hair all one length. That will give you a blunt cut straight across. You can then take your scissors and make little snips vertically into the hair to create a softer edge on the bottom.

-------------
http://shrinkies.net - Extension Supplies & Virgin Brazilian Hair

Posted By: Syren123
Date Posted: June 25 2005 at 9:24pm
You mean...it's not supposed to look like that?! That's what mine ALWAYS look like when I cut it myself!!!

It's definitely not the worst haircut in the world; I mean, the world?! Nah...

Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: June 25 2005 at 9:30pm

Yeah we've all been there,lol.At least its long enough to fix.I've hacked at mine when it was short and its not quite so easy to fix or even hide,lol.I agree with amm.I use that method to trim my hair.If you dont mind losing a little length. Seems like I've had too many hair faux pas to count,lol.

By the way Jenny, Do you(or your hairdresser?) use a toner to get that nice shade or a white blonde semi/demi? I'm dying my hair blonde again.Strand tests have been very successful but dont know how to get it past the inside of banana peel stage.

-------------

Posted By: CyberMane
Date Posted: June 25 2005 at 9:39pm

Point cut about 2-3" on the ends.  This should make it less "broom-like"

-Charlene

-------------
http://www.cybermane.com - CyberMane.com

Posted By: Jenny_RR
Date Posted: June 25 2005 at 9:43pm
Thanks girls! I'm going to give it another go. I don't know how wise it is for me to be weilding the scissors again, but hey...it isn't my real hair anyway.

LHD: Actually, I don't use any toner at all. I bleach the hell out of it with Feria 200 ot 205 for 30 minutes or so, and it comes up exactly this color. My hair's pretty light naturally though, so I don't think this would work for everyone, and it is *really* damaging.... For many years, I used a level 10 high-lift (one process, no powder bleach, Loreal Preference), which brought my hair very light too, but I did have some brassiness with that after a few weeks, so I would use Shimmer Lights to tone it down. I think it may've been a bit gentler than the Feria, but it caused a lot of damage long-term too.

I'm a bad person to ask about color though. My hair really is quite fried. I was seriously thinking of cutting everything off and starting fresh with a wig after I saw that pic of Kalika in the wig the other day. (Don't think it would look as good on me though).

:)  

Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: June 25 2005 at 9:49pm
Thanks anyways.I'm not looking for white blond.more medium just more ash based.Shimmer lights might not be a bad idea.I'm just going to keep trying things with my strands.The white blond looks great on you.I went dark for practicality.But screw practicality I hate my natural color,lol.

-------------

Posted By: delin
Date Posted: June 25 2005 at 10:12pm
I'm just glad to know there is someone else wearing my haircut...but I have to say it looks quite a bit better on you.   I finally bought a box of straight razor blades just to "peel" the ends.  Works pretty good really. 

Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: June 25 2005 at 10:50pm
http://members.fortunecity.com/feye/trim/ - Feye's method of trimming your own long hair

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Posted By: sherrie215
Date Posted: June 25 2005 at 11:02pm
Oh what a great link eKatherine!

Posted By: metalgirl
Date Posted: June 25 2005 at 11:19pm

I agree with everyone, point cutting into the ends would help the bluntness.  Also, if you have thinning shears with fine teeth, that would also help taper the ends.

-------------
http://www.Godiva-Hair.com - http://www.Godiva-Hair.com
http://www.MetamorphosisHairDesign.com - http://www.MetamorphosisHairDesign.com

Date Posted: June 25 2005 at 11:33pm
how exactly are you supposed to use thinning shears? I have a pair but never really knew how to use them. Maybe a blonde thing......

Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: June 25 2005 at 11:53pm
I always trim my own hair now. No more surprises.

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Posted By: TanglesRC
Date Posted: June 26 2005 at 1:01am

use thinning shears( texurizers) grab a section of hair leaving about two inches  hanging, and use the thinning shears and snip into the hair, it will take out hair in the same sections as the teeth are.

dont i repeat, DONT use thinning shears on the top of your hair if you have thin hair, you will look like your balding!

(someone did that to me when i was in beauty school) i thought i was going bald.!!!

-------------
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...

Posted By: Gina E
Date Posted: June 26 2005 at 2:41am

Yikes Scoob!!!!

You can take those blunt ends...grab em and back comb e with your sheas. It will shred them/tekturize them. Otherwise, invest in a feather razor!

Posted By: kateadreena
Date Posted: June 26 2005 at 6:32am

hiya, if you dont have a hair razor handy just take a disposable shaving raxzor and use that, its fine for synth hair :) just dont dig the razor in.

Thinning scissors -

you need to split your hair into quite large sections ( about 6) and just take a section, and well, basically take *1* chop in the middle of the length :) And thats it!

Posted By: leia1979
Date Posted: June 26 2005 at 1:12pm
Jenny, I don't know how well this will work with extensions, but to break up that two-tiered look, you can take one-inch wide vertical sections (maybe less, if the extensions are really thick), pull each one straight out from your head and snip at an angle (just cut inwards from the bottom so the longest portion stays the same length all around).  Just work all the way around your head, section by section.  That's how I layer my hair.

Posted By: missy66
Date Posted: June 26 2005 at 6:57pm
well looks a bit unven, yea. but i still think your hair is to die for! color and texture- you still look gorgeous

Posted By: MERGUTHRIE
Date Posted: June 26 2005 at 11:01pm

what happened jenny?

i did the same thing a day b4 my last extensions came out JUST below my real hair length hahahaha but i dind't fix it, much, i fixed the layers around my face.....

-------------
i love plastikhaar

Posted By: elvira
Date Posted: June 27 2005 at 7:50am
I take a disposable razor and start from the inside and shave from my chin down, peice by peice all the way around.Then I just keep doing that all over and it gives a really good layered look.

Date Posted: June 27 2005 at 8:14am
Yep elvira....I always used a disposable razor too before I bought a feather razor. It will definitely do in a pinch!

Posted By: LauraR
Date Posted: June 27 2005 at 10:29am

Where is a good place to buy a feather razor?

BSS?

Posted By: elvira
Date Posted: June 27 2005 at 2:18pm
I've never heard of a feather razor before.

Date Posted: June 27 2005 at 4:22pm

This is an inexpensive feather razor for a few bucks. Ive seen them anywhere from $4 up to $90

http://www.beautycentury.com/mall/resultform.asp?SKU=3319&MS_SKU=2222 - http://www.beautycentury.com/mall/resultform.asp?SKU=3319&am p;MS_SKU=2222

Date Posted: June 27 2005 at 4:23pm
Oh yeah....you can find them at any BSS

Posted By: Bridget
Date Posted: June 28 2005 at 9:38am

It doesn't look that bad Jen!  You could point cut w/the thinning shears too, I wouldn't go into the lenght at all, just at the bottoms.  You could try a blunt cut w/the thinning shears and this will give it a point cut/textured look.  Good Luck!

Posted By: Halo
Date Posted: June 28 2005 at 12:12pm
I've done that before too Jenny.  Not with synthetic, but HH and it looked the same.  I ran out to Sally's (or they have them at Ulta too)  and found these cheap hair thinning shears.  They look like regular scissors except one side has teeth.  Then I pilled the hair on top of my head and only pulled down a few rows of extensions.  I used those thinning shears at a 45 degree angle and chopped up to thin  out the hair ends to get rid of the blunt look.  Then I  scrunchied that freshly cut hair and put it to the side so I wouldn't cut it again by mistake and pulled down a few more rows of extensions.  I did the same thing to those rows of hair only I cut them about about an inch shorter.  I kept doing this for a few more rows.  It helped hide the blunt ends, but still didn't look as good as a professional layer cut.  It held me through until my next hair extensions though.  Good luck.  Cutting hair is really hard for me so I don't know if this is good advice or not.  It worked for me, but like I said it looks better when somone who knows what they are doing cuts my hair.

Print Page | Close Window