Print Page | Close Window

daily conditioning for my bleached hair?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32367
Printed Date: June 25 2024 at 10:09pm

Topic: daily conditioning for my bleached hair?
Posted By: angemc02
Subject: daily conditioning for my bleached hair?
Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 10:31am

I have heard that I should use a conditioner without shampooing on my very damaged and dry hair. i use all soft conditioner by redken and extreme shampoo for dry and brittle hair, along with the anti-snap leave in conditioner by redken.  I know it's not a good thing to wash your hair every day. but i don't know if conditioning every day without washing it will help. and if it does should i use just my leave in conditioner or my regular conditioner and my leave in or just my regular conditioner? or perhaps it's cool to use the shampoo i have everyday since it is made to repair damaged hair or is it still going to dry out my hair? my hair is naturally kinda dry so i normally before all this bleaching would wash my hair once every 3 days or every other day. any advice would be really helpful. thanks!

Replies:
Posted By: Trinity05
Date Posted: June 29 2005 at 5:40pm

I think using your daily conditioner on a daily basis is fine without shampooing and then maybe just once a week shampoo and follow up with a deep conditioner. My personal preference is every other day with just conditioner and then once every two weeks shampoo and then deep conditioner left on my hair for an hour. It seems to be working wonders on my hair.

Trinity

Posted By: Kalika
Date Posted: June 30 2005 at 4:41am

Yes you can condition without washing your hair first.  If you HAVE to wash everyday, then mix some conditioner with your shampoo, and then condition when your done.

For shampooing I use Ion moisturizing shampoo mixed with a squirt of the reconstructive treatment.  Then I use a moisturizing conditioner, which is silicone free.  I am not against cones, however I dont use them very often.

Once a week I shampoo normally and then do a cholestrol treatment on my hair, leaving it on for 30 minutes or so.  then I rinse out and use the moisturizing conditioner as normal.

I could get away with less, however I work in a smoky dance club and my hair smells like butt if I dont wash every day.

(edited for spelling)

Posted By: Bambilee
Date Posted: July 01 2005 at 6:14pm
I do that. I just condition. I never shampoo more than once every two to three dayz. Depending on the cleanleness of my hair. I have VERY bleached hair, it keeps it smooth, and shiny.

-------------
~* Bambi Lee *~

Print Page | Close Window