Print Page | Close Window

Help with hair

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32574
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 2:26am

Topic: Help with hair
Posted By: john12345
Subject: Help with hair
Date Posted: July 04 2005 at 9:59pm
Hello...I am new to this forum and I would like to know how I could accomplish this kind of hairstyle:

I heard that if you have hair like this that covers your forehead, it causes acne and pimples. How can I prevent this and how am I able get my hair to be like his. My hair is about his length already by the way. I would also like to know how he got his hair to stay up like some of the parts look spiked on the sides. Thank you very much.

Replies:
Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: July 05 2005 at 8:38am
This is a long hair support board. Why don't you post in the men's or teen hair care board?

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Date Posted: July 05 2005 at 4:56pm
Oh, I'm sorry. I assumed that this is a somewhat long hair for men. Again, sorry.

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: July 05 2005 at 7:51pm
Hey John,

You are not incorrect.  Your hair can be considered long.  After all, "long" is a relative thing.

You may post on this board, if you wish.  That said, you may also want to post your message on the men's and teen's board, as eKatherine suggests, to maximize your chances of getting the answers you seek.

-------------

Date Posted: July 06 2005 at 2:07pm
Can somebody help me?

Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: July 06 2005 at 2:43pm
Acne comes from within, it is not caused by your hair.

It looks like he put some kind of product in it. Why don't you take the photo to a salon and have them show you how to style your hair like this?

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Date Posted: July 06 2005 at 4:58pm
It happened to me and someone told me that it is because the hair blocks the air for the skin to breathe.

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: July 06 2005 at 6:39pm
Acne is caused by a combination of (1) too much simple sugars in the diet, (2) insufficient dietary nutrients (especially B-vitamins and zinc), (3) insufficient cleansing and moisturizing of the skin (yes, even oily skin needs moisturizing after cleansing, otherwise the pores are bound to crank out more oils), and (4) stress.  Excessive touching of the skin exacerbates the situation.  Try cleansing, moisturizing, and follow-up with benzoyl peroxide (if your skin can tolerate it).  I still get acne; it's a constant battle with me.

Well, that's the skin advice.  Regarding the hairstyle I will simply say: "what eKatherine said."  Stylists know how to achieve these looks via products and techniques.  Let us know their advice, and how well it works for you.  k? 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window