Forum Name: Diet Days
Forum Description: A place for sharing ideas, tips and our daily struggles
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32759
Printed Date: April 18 2024 at 6:28pm

Topic: throid problems
Posted By: pharrell
Subject: throid problems
Date Posted: July 09 2005 at 2:01pm
help me I am trying to lose weight and it is vey hard when you have throid problems and I keep gaining weight is there any supplements or diet pills please help me 

Replies:
Posted By: sm83
Date Posted: July 11 2005 at 11:01am
Have you talked to your doctor?  If you have a thyroid problem, your doctor can probably prescribe something that can help.  Ask him about Meridia. Hope this helps!!!

Posted By: pharrell
Date Posted: July 11 2005 at 1:01pm
thank you I will ask my docter

Posted By: sporty_chick
Date Posted: August 31 2005 at 11:12pm
Accupressure. Press where your thumb meets your palm. Meaning the meaty-est part of your palm. Do it everyday because whenever you have the chance. It works.

-------------
Much Luv
Your Canadian Buddy :)

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: September 01 2005 at 2:40am

Is there a diagram of the specific area?  I'm not sure if it'll work, but it shouldn't hurt anything to try, I guess. . .

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: aubergine
Date Posted: September 09 2005 at 2:38pm
People with underactive or overactive thyriods can be prescribed Thyroxin, but only by your doctor.

Posted By: aubergine
Date Posted: September 09 2005 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by sporty_chick sporty_chick wrote:

Accupressure. Press where your thumb meets your palm. Meaning the meaty-est part of your palm. Do it everyday because whenever you have the chance. It works.

What exactly does it do to your thyriod?

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: September 15 2005 at 1:37am

I'm not sure what accupressure does to the thyroid, but when I followed the posted instructions, I found I had to pee a lot more -_- .  I saw an accupressure chart in a book and found out I'd been pressing the area to stimulate my kidneys instead -_- .  The thyroid part is a small area right at the second joint of the thumb.

I wish I could afford to get my thyroid checked medically, but I have no money or insurance :-( .  Thus, I am just trying every non-medical suggestion I come across, just in case, unless/until I can afford to see a real doctor, at some point.

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Print Page | Close Window