Print Page | Close Window

How many oz of hair.....

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32805
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 6:37pm

Topic: How many oz of hair.....
Posted By: jbschyna
Subject: How many oz of hair.....
Date Posted: July 10 2005 at 5:00pm
How many oz of hair does one normally buy when they are doing a full head of hair?  Usually I will buy one package of hair at the store but I don't know how many oz of hair is in a pack.  Now that I want to buy a more expensive hair on the internet I'm not sure how much to order.  It will take for ever for me to get my hair done if I order to little and have to order more.  I don't want to order to much since it's so expensive...what if I don't even like the hair?

Replies:
Posted By: Izabella120578
Date Posted: July 10 2005 at 5:08pm

One Package normally contains 4 oz. That is enough for fine and thin hair, normal hair needs up to 6 oz of hair......

Don't use cheap chinese hair, as it tangles and gets frizzy. Use Indian Remy or Virgin Hair, that is the best you can get.

Posted By: mochachip
Date Posted: July 10 2005 at 6:20pm
Also remember that if you get really long hair you will need more by weight than if you get really short hair.

But Izabella is right.  4 oz might be enough.  8 oz is pretty well guaranteed to be enough maybe have some left over, maybe a lot left over.

What method and length are planning on employing?

Posted By: jbschyna
Date Posted: July 11 2005 at 1:41pm
I cornrow my hair and sew the weft on.  I want about 12inches.  I don't want it to be too thick or too thin. 

Print Page | Close Window