Print Page | Close Window

After washing?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: African American Hair
Forum Name: African American Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of African Americans.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32828
Printed Date: June 15 2024 at 11:19pm

Topic: After washing?
Posted By: SilverRaine80
Subject: After washing?
Date Posted: July 11 2005 at 9:39am
Do you guys always style/braid or sometimes leave hair loose after washing? How do you avoid tangling (while its drying)?

Replies:
Posted By: Renee
Date Posted: July 11 2005 at 10:57am
when my hair was longer, i would air dry in a ponytail. and i always detangle in the shower. while its in a ponytail, i dont touch or manipulate so it doesnt get tangled. also using a leave in conditioner will help keep the tangles at bay

-------------

Posted By: Layla
Date Posted: July 11 2005 at 12:24pm
I usually airdry in a ponytail like Renee said. 

-------------
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Date Posted: July 11 2005 at 4:48pm
Thanx guys...And now that its shorter Renee?..I will try it but if get a head full of knots as a results I will come back SCREAMING...JK!!

Posted By: sugaplum
Date Posted: July 12 2005 at 2:21pm

When my hair hair was longer and relaxed, I just braided it and place a satin bonnet/scarf.

Since I've done the BC I just wash it and put on a wave cap.

-------------
100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures

Date Posted: July 19 2005 at 1:35pm
I chickened out and had my mom braid it again after I washed it but it feels like she ripping hairs out when she does and I hate it, she has no patience at all.

Posted By: cmesweet
Date Posted: July 19 2005 at 4:24pm
SilverRain 80 are you relaxed or natural?  Don't be scared to ask your mom to be patient with your hair and your head.Show her how u do it gently and if she can't do it that way...just do it yourself. Ibeen there, trust me!

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Posted By: sakura07
Date Posted: July 20 2005 at 8:22am
I air dry with my hair in loose braids (not a braidout though.) If your mom is braiding to hard you can ask her to be a bit more gentle.

Date Posted: July 20 2005 at 11:58am
I am in transition I would say about 75% natural but my hair is really thick so it feels like 175%. I cannot braid to save my life plus left hand does not function well so I am considering cutting off the rest of the relaxed hair very soon...it will b a year August 6th...Im sooo nervous!!!! When I blow dry it its looks fine but once it sweats/humidifies/puffs out...the texture difference is not so cute...as much I want to hold onto the length it may have to go. The bottom is all natural and the top has about 6-8 inches of relaxed hair....can you imagine a super thick year old fro under a helmet of straight hair???...lololol

Posted By: cookiesnkream
Date Posted: July 20 2005 at 5:44pm

I usually just pull my hair into a sort of loose bun
and it takes hours to dry but gets less frizzy this way,,
if i let it dry out,, its not gonna be a pretty sight hehe

-------------
Hair type: 3b some c?, fine strands, last relaxer sept 05, never again!!! current :ap length on sides,,nearly bsl in back, damn those old frazzled ends! I am hair OBSESSED   

Posted By: tgurl
Date Posted: August 01 2005 at 5:23pm
what i do is i part my hair into four sections,apply conditioner(i use a leave-in)to each,then comb each section,and i braid each section which will be 4 big braids and i let hair dry like that.You can also do that with a conditioner you rinse out:and whenever it's time for you to rinse out the conditioner take out the braids hen rinse hair.

Print Page | Close Window