Print Page | Close Window

Whispy hairs

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=33023
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 2:29am

Topic: Whispy hairs
Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Subject: Whispy hairs
Date Posted: July 15 2005 at 4:48am

I've grown my hair out from a two inch crop to my shoulder-blades in a year and it's in really good condition. The only problem I have are some curly areas at the nape of my neck that only ever straighten out to just short of the length of my neck. Any ideas on how to improve the growth of these at least enough for them to fit into a ponytail? They look awful when I tie my hair up.

Replies:
Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: July 15 2005 at 7:50am
Hey Hellfrozeover!  (I guess that means my ex apologizes now! )

I don't personally think they look bad.  If they really bug you, you can use a gel or mousse to stick them to the rest of your hair.  And always make sure not to pull your ponytails too tight (pulling too tight will cause hairs to break around the hairline making more of those - though these may not be caused by that, they are just the fine hairs we all have some of at the hairline).

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: Viktoria
Date Posted: July 17 2005 at 4:19pm
Hello!  Those little locks of whispy hair are supersexy! I find sometimes I have them, and sometimes not, depending on how the hair grows. Believe me, they are NOT a problem.

-------------
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: July 17 2005 at 6:11pm
I agree with Susan and Viktoria - I don't think it looks bad, nor is it a "problem."  Actually your hair looks good. 

-------------

Date Posted: July 18 2005 at 10:57am
Hi! Thanks for the advice. I'll just ignore them for now and keep on growing my hair. I should be at waist length in two years.

Posted By: ACCOLADY
Date Posted: July 19 2005 at 10:25pm

Hello Hellfroze,

You have dark hair and whispies to control?

You're in luck!

Those little bobby pins with jewels would look very attractive in your hair! Now keep in mind, I'm referring to safe bobbies like Smoothies, and certainly not the hair chopping type.  Many of the Smoothies and Karina line have crystals in beautiful colors.

Here is a gorgeous pin by Linda Levinson:

And if that one is just a tad out of your price range, there are plenty of others to choose from.

I just love to see a woman with her hair in a pony or a bun with those decorative pins to hold up the whispies. You might even convince them to behave with a dash of something such as L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Slick Moisturizing Pomade.

The Marketplace has so many beautiful pins to choose from, in fact, seven pages of them.  

Accolady / Karen Marie

-------------
Birds of a feather flock together & then crap on your car.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Member since 2000, not reg. until 2005

Date Posted: July 20 2005 at 9:31am
I'll have a look at some of the pins. My hair is really thick so I'll have enough for them to grip onto. Thanks!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window