Print Page | Close Window

Does a split end mender really help ?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=33176
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 2:19am

Topic: Does a split end mender really help ?
Posted By: curlyhairedgirl
Subject: Does a split end mender really help ?
Date Posted: July 19 2005 at 2:46pm
I recently purchased bed head split end mender conditioner i was wondering if anyone has ever use it or had any luck with this product

Replies:
Posted By: cmesweet
Date Posted: July 19 2005 at 4:34pm
A conditioner that "mends" split ends is just to get a sale. The only thing it can do is seal your splits together to make it seem as if it is "mending" once it wears off, you have to recondition to get that look. No it does not remove splits.

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: July 19 2005 at 7:39pm
The only way to fix split ends is to cut them off.  Some go for the infamous "trim," but many here choose to seek just the strands with splits, and cut the individual splits.  That reduces the number of split ends, but lets you keep the length -- all of the length.

-------------

Posted By: AmberJune
Date Posted: July 19 2005 at 9:48pm

Dave is right... as always hehehehe

-------------
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01

Posted By: Katja
Date Posted: July 20 2005 at 10:20am
I agree with everyone else.  That conditioner will probably make your hair LOOK split end-free (with a bundle of silicones, no doubt), but when it wears off your splits will still be there.  Yes, the only way to get rid of them is to cut them off, and as Dave said, search & destroy is a great method of doing so when you want to keep your length.

-------------
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen

Posted By: Elizabeth
Date Posted: July 20 2005 at 12:18pm
If you bought TIGI EGO BOOST watch out.I tried it for the first time today.When I was reading whats in it I saw so many -cones.Never again will I use it in my hair.Jojoba and oliveoil is much better for my hair.Wink

Posted By: ACCOLADY
Date Posted: July 20 2005 at 4:19pm

Hello Curly,

I've read a few of your posts in various forums, hoping to get a better idea about your hair type. Do you by chance brush or comb your hair several times throughout the day?

While I have no experience with fine or curly hair, when you mentioned split ends, the first thing that came to mind was excessive brushing, perhaps product choice.

When you get a chance, please pop in, and we'll see if we can't help.

Karen Marie

-------------
Birds of a feather flock together & then crap on your car.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Member since 2000, not reg. until 2005

Print Page | Close Window