Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=33190
Printed Date: May 06 2024 at 7:57am

Topic: please help
Posted By: usedtobered
Subject: please help
Date Posted: July 19 2005 at 7:41pm
PLEASE HELP ME I AM A NATURAL REDHEAD THAT LIKE AN IDIOT DECIDED TO COLOR MY HAIR WELL TO GET TO THE POINT I DYED IT A SOFT BLACK WHICH WAS A PERMANENT DYE IS THERE A WAY TO GO BACK TO MY NATURAL COLOR OR CLOSE TO IT ANYTHING LIGHTER WITHOUT DAMAGING MY HAIR. THANK YOU

Replies:
Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: July 19 2005 at 7:54pm
Dont be sad.You can get back to your natural color.And your hair should be fine afterwards.You will have to strip the black out first.Cause sadly black doesnt cover with lighter colors.What you could do is buy some colorfix.It will probably take a couple of times to remove the dye.If money isnt a big deal,then I would reccomend getting swarzkopf phantom igora.Its $23 a box,but It works and wont damage your hair.Most colorstrippers use some form of peroxide,bleach,or ammonia to strip out the color.And that is damaging.Phantom works with sulfur.The sulfur shrinks the color molecules down and then it shampoos out.I used it on my own hair and it didnt cause any damage.Your hair will most likely be left with an orangey color.Then you could use a genltle demi close to your natural shade.If all you have done is dye it black your hair should come out fine.Plus the demi will make it look nice and shiny for awhile.I myself like clairol radiance colorgloss from sally's beauty supply.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window