Forum Name: Cosmetics
Forum Description: Tips & Techniques to look your best
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=33195
Printed Date: May 03 2024 at 5:00am

Topic: What eyeshadow for blue eyes?
Posted By: ChelseaB
Subject: What eyeshadow for blue eyes?
Date Posted: July 19 2005 at 10:36pm

Hey, So I am not all that great at picking the right color of eyeshadow for my eye's color. I have light-medium greyish blue eyes. I also have light blonde hair, and fair skin, so I have a cool tone (dont know if this matters, but it can't hurt to have more information.) And  I love doing smokey eyes so what colors would I look best in? Thanks!

-------------
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii

Replies:
Posted By: Pharmdarling24
Date Posted: July 23 2005 at 7:04pm

Chelsea,

brown brings out blue eyes like no other. but with fair skin pick a lighter/medium brown somthing that goes on light and has a bit of shimmer. brown is mainly for warm skin tones, but I am a cool tone too and I make it work. my main brown is from bath and body works it's a medium brown with silver sparkles in it,it rocks! 

Posted By: muneca
Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 4:31am
i also have blue eyes and i always use brown shadows... not because of my eye color but because i match my hair's golden tones lol and my skin since im a latin gurl so you know. i wonder what blue liner with blue shadow would look like..  

Posted By: AmberJune
Date Posted: August 06 2005 at 12:46pm

I always get alot of compliments with grey eye shadows....Try a dark grey on the outter part of the lid and a lighter grey towards the inside.

-------------
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01

Posted By: ChelseaB
Date Posted: August 06 2005 at 3:49pm
Hey, Thanks for all the tips I will be sure to try browns and greys.

-------------
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii

Posted By: LostForever
Date Posted: August 06 2005 at 9:00pm
Taupe, light gray, and pink would also look great with your blue eyes and
fair skin. If you want an edgy look for a party, try lilac.

Posted By: Ilexica
Date Posted: August 19 2005 at 10:42am
Lavender (something like MAC's beautiful iris) brings out the grey beautifully, as does a dark, smokey green (MAC humid works well). I also use blue in my smokey eyes (MAC deep truth) to bring out the blue. I have been told that orange can really make blue eyes pop, too, if you fancy something brighter. :)

Posted By: Delenn
Date Posted: August 24 2005 at 7:10pm
Ditto on the browns and greys, I also use a very light dusting of blush on my eyelids.  It's a great daytime look.

Posted By: Sunduster
Date Posted: February 04 2006 at 7:26pm
Also purple, darker blue, and black.

Posted By: xxsatiation
Date Posted: July 03 2006 at 9:14pm
Best Eyeshadow for blue eyes is Gold. It brings them out amazingly, or a goldish red, try it with an eyeliner too. You'll see how amazing it looks.

-------------
LOL

Print Page | Close Window