Print Page | Close Window

do you apply directly beside eachother or

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=33218
Printed Date: June 24 2024 at 7:58am

Topic: do you apply directly beside eachother or
Posted By: missmolly1
Subject: do you apply directly beside eachother or
Date Posted: July 20 2005 at 4:09pm
Is there a difference as far as applying them. Every picture I have seen the extensions are right next to eachother is that the correct way or does it matter?

Thanks!

Replies:
Posted By: Jenny_RR
Date Posted: July 20 2005 at 10:07pm
Usually, if you're adding both length and thickness (especially if your hair is thin), you'll want to install them right next to each other, with no spaces between the connections or rows.

A lot of people like to stagger the rows in a brick pattern, as it were, so instead of three looking like this pattern:

x x x x x
x x x x x
x x x x x

They'd look like this:

x x x x x
 x x x x x
x x x x x

:)

Posted By: purrmachine
Date Posted: July 21 2005 at 11:16am
The problem with not leaving out any hair in between rows is that it makes the connections much more difficult to conceal, especially with fine hair.  That is my experience, anyway.

Posted By: boogiemama
Date Posted: July 21 2005 at 3:44pm
I usually do 4-5 rows solid from the bottom up and then bricklay pattern the rest.
Some people I do solid rows throughbut the whole head, but leave space in between the rows.
Some people I just "scatter" their whole head. Depends on hair thickness, haircut, even color.

Posted By: missmolly1
Date Posted: July 21 2005 at 4:07pm
Thanks for all the tips everyone! I guess you just try it out and see what it looks like!

Print Page | Close Window