Print Page | Close Window

My hair doesn’t grow on my sides...

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: African American Hair
Forum Name: African American Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of African Americans.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=33414
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 6:58am

Topic: My hair doesn’t grow on my sides...
Posted By: SeekingTips
Subject: My hair doesn’t grow on my sides...
Date Posted: July 25 2005 at 10:10pm
hi i am a 17 year old male and i am very frustrated with how my hair grows...first of all my hair line goes all the way to my forehead, i don't know if this is the cause of it not growing as much on the sides or what not...with my hair being like this it is unattractive and i just wanted to get any tips on how to make it grow, it would be very helpful if anyone can give me tips, im not a bad looking guy it's just the hair that makes and breaks a person and if it's fixed i think i would be better off...please help!

Replies:
Date Posted: July 26 2005 at 12:07am
i really need help with this, I don't know exactly why it grows like this, i have been always trying to grow my hair out for some years and I could never make it happen because it looks ugly with no hair on the sides, i don know maybe it's because i don drink water very much or do anything to it,i don wash it with shampoo i just rinse it out with water...please give me tips...i would very much appreciate it.

Date Posted: July 26 2005 at 1:50pm
will someone please help me, im tired of going to the barbershop almost every week to get a fade because my hair grows un-evenly, it doesn't grow much on my sides and it is very frustrating too my appearance, what should i do?

Posted By: *NOT*Principle
Date Posted: July 26 2005 at 2:17pm

Hi! I'm new here too

Well, you can drinkingg carrot juice, eat more fish, chicken,  rice, and veggies.  And drink LOTS of water and sage or nettle tea.  Your diet is probably 75% of what affects you physically. 

While you're working on the internal stuff, try topically massaging your scalp with rosemary oil mixed with grapeseed oil at night and see if it works.  i hope I've helped you some.

-------------
"To each his own"
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Date Posted: July 26 2005 at 2:44pm
i appreciate those tips i hope it works well.

Posted By: carameldiva
Date Posted: July 30 2005 at 1:38pm
Try shampooing with aussie and conditioning with it. Shea Butter works well as a moisturizer- you can melt it into an oil if it is easier for you to use that way. Apricot Kernel Oil and Wheatgerm oil also work great on my hair as moisturizers.

-------------
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's

Date Posted: July 30 2005 at 5:42pm
right now im using castor oil

Posted By: tgurl
Date Posted: August 01 2005 at 4:03pm

the only thing i can say is,

1.make sure that your hair is moisurized and that you don't have any excess pulling to your hair .

2.keep your ends trimmed every 6- 8 weeks(maybe the sides of your  hair is where the most split ends occur and the ends can split all the way to the top and cause hair to break;and breakage can cause hair to not grow)

3.don't do alot of combing,and don't brush(also when you moisturize hair,focus on putting it on the ends of hair hair and massage your scalp daily)

hope i helped:you will see a better difference in you hair

Print Page | Close Window