Print Page | Close Window

growing out layers

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=33651
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 12:26am

Topic: growing out layers
Posted By: jkat118
Subject: growing out layers
Date Posted: August 01 2005 at 8:41pm

Hi everyone!  I recently had my hair "trimmed" at a salon, and to me it seems that the long layers that I already had got  messed up.  It seems like the top layer is cut shorter than it should be.  What is the average length between long layers, and also, how can I correct this overtrimmed problem, while keeping the longest layer as is?  Any help will be much appreciated!    This is the very reason I have been avoiding the whole salon deal!!  Oh yeah, my hair is curly if that makes any difference!!!

Replies:
Posted By: mizzcathy
Date Posted: August 01 2005 at 8:47pm
Well my hair was cut into layers and I hate layers. But I think you should wait till your hair get's long or your shortest layers can go into a ponytail and then you even it all out. That's what I'm gonna do.

-------------
Hair Goal- Shoulder length growing it bra length in one year for the 8th grade!!

Posted By: eatgreenjello
Date Posted: August 02 2005 at 11:06am

I agree with mizzcathy, that you should just grow it out.  Unless you want to cut the length up to match the top layer, which you probably don't want to do, considering you're on a long hair board.

That's too bad that the stylist cut the top layer too short!  Why do they do that!

-------------

**Hair type: 2a, which is wavy and fine.
**Color: Naturally dark brown, currently dyed reddish brown.
**Length: below shoulder length

Posted By: sarondie11
Date Posted: August 02 2005 at 4:19pm

growing out layers it tough! what i did with mine was whenever i went in for a trim i would get an inch off the bottom (to control split ends) and half an inch off the layers. your layers will gradually catch up to the lenght. it's a really long process, especially if you only get a couple trims a year. but it's better than cutting off a lot of length to even it out. i usually wear my hair straight, but i think it's true that layers help curly hair look full and curlier.

Posted By: mizzcathy
Date Posted: August 02 2005 at 4:49pm
Well my hair was breaking off in the middle so I had long and short peases all over the place. He had to cut it in layers or else it would be really short!

-------------
Hair Goal- Shoulder length growing it bra length in one year for the 8th grade!!

Print Page | Close Window