Print Page | Close Window

Relaxing Hair Bone Straight

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=33725
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 12:16am

Topic: Relaxing Hair Bone Straight
Posted By: mizzcathy
Subject: Relaxing Hair Bone Straight
Date Posted: August 03 2005 at 8:47pm
I heard that relaxing hair bone straight isn't good at all and I dunno if I ever had it bone straight. (I doubt it) But say if I washed my hair, brushed it and put it in a ponytail and it dries. Well my friend at school decided to part it in the middle and look at it. I noticed that when my hair is dry the shortest layers are straight when they are wet they are a little bit wavy! This is just the front shortest layers and I am thinking maybe they were relaxed bonestraight! Or is it because they are really short??

-------------
Hair Goal- Shoulder length growing it bra length in one year for the 8th grade!!

Replies:
Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 3:30pm

Um does anyone know?

-------------
Hair Goal- Shoulder length growing it bra length in one year for the 8th grade!!

Date Posted: August 06 2005 at 1:15pm
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh can anyone help????????????

-------------

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: August 07 2005 at 3:49pm
When your hair is wet it's more adaptable to shapes unnatural to your hair's normal wave pattern.  Mine is almost, but not entirely, straight - but if I braid it damp and let it dry in the braid, it gets and stays wavy.  My guess is that your naturally wavy/curly hair is drying in a straight pattern (from the roots to the base of the ponytail) and retaining the straight shape.

-------------

Date Posted: August 08 2005 at 12:17pm

Ah so maybe when I put my hair in a ponytail the front will stay straight like the pony and the back will remain curly. As long as I didn't relax my hair bone-straight!

Thank you for the advice

-------------

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: August 08 2005 at 7:37pm
You're welcome, Cathy! 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window